Photo

Random and nameless creatures - where do they vanish to?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

If you try to sleep and hit a random encounter and instead of fighting the monsters just run away somewhere and rest there, they will be gone when you wake up. What happens to them? Supposing this is some special mechanism the engine uses for those events, there is another case - creatures that vanish if you travel through time, backward at any rate. I might have seen this for forward travel as well, but not always. And it doesn't always happen for backward travel too, in fact ordinary creatures just stay. If you are fighting gibberlings and go back by a round, they are still (already) there. But not the minions that I use for various actions. They aren't any different from regular creatures, but if I give them an avatar and observe, they always disappear after a time jaunt. Not into nothingness, though: if their script includes a block for jumping to the party when no PCs are in sight, they reappear. It all looks as if these get tucked away somewhere, maybe as part of AdvanceTime() or for another reason.

Anybody know what's going on there?

#2 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

There is a timer on spawns. The field name is Lifespan in dltcep. After that ticks down, they are simply removed. 

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 27 December 2017 - 03:56 PM.

Avenger