Monk High level Abilities

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kyros

Kyros
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

quick question. I have installed Refinements for Throne of Bhaal which alters all high-level ability tables.

But unfortunately, nice things such as solar and lunar stance are missing for monks.

So I added these two spells (these versions are from the oversight mod) to Lumo0.2da but unlike the other

abilities these two will actually be cast, the moment I select them to level the character up and afterward do not appear 

in the special abilities section.

What file do I have to change in order to fix this? Thanks in advance.

#2 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

What prefix you use when you add them to the 2da?

Avenger

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Aka, the AP_ -prefix is for "apply the spell" just like you describe, while the GA_ is for "Gain Ability", like you should probably set it as.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

You need to use GA_ in the table as prefix for the spell (=Gain Ability)

AP_ (=apply means the spell is cast and gone, which resembles what you describe).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 Kyros

Kyros
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

Thanks, everyone. You always get help here. Yeah, I used the wrong prefix, I didn't know what they mean and just copied the AP one from another ability

which probably was a passive one. I've changed to GA and it works.

#6 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

What is this 2da? What does it do?

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:09 AM

What is this 2da? What does it do?
Captain obvious stuff... the "Lumo0.2da" is the monk default Monk "kits" High Level Ability .2da file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.