EET SoD

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

"Do NOT use this mod when playing SoD for the first time"

Hi Roxanne,

I'm sorry but I don't understand precisely what you mean by that.

I will try an EET-playthrough and I don't grasp what it implies to that end.

The mod provides an alternative but skips one of the BIG battles to get into Dragonspear Castle.

This is meant as a hint to at least once enjoy the original game as it was written and developed with much work and care. Only if afterwards you feel that you want another way to solve the case with Caelar, you should use that other road. It is for those with an urge to fill a gap in the original game, but for that you should at least know what is going on and decide only after you know the story. But of course you make decisions as you want, it is just my suggestion.

PS In EET you will be able to play the ToB contents regardless of whether you took the SoD alternative or not. Only prerequisite is that Caelar is still alive at SoD end.

Thanks a lot.

Well thought.  

i'll try with and without.

By the way, is the mod now included in a BWS installation?

#22 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

"Do NOT use this mod when playing SoD for the first time"

Hi Roxanne,

I'm sorry but I don't understand precisely what you mean by that.

I will try an EET-playthrough and I don't grasp what it implies to that end.

The mod provides an alternative but skips one of the BIG battles to get into Dragonspear Castle.

This is meant as a hint to at least once enjoy the original game as it was written and developed with much work and care. Only if afterwards you feel that you want another way to solve the case with Caelar, you should use that other road. It is for those with an urge to fill a gap in the original game, but for that you should at least know what is going on and decide only after you know the story. But of course you make decisions as you want, it is just my suggestion.

PS In EET you will be able to play the ToB contents regardless of whether you took the SoD alternative or not. Only prerequisite is that Caelar is still alive at SoD end.

Thanks a lot.

Well thought.  

i'll try with and without.

By the way, is the mod now included in a BWS installation?

You can select it in BWS, it is under NPC-related mods. It is not pre-selected.

And yes, you can install it anyway, because the decision which route you take is made in the game.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#23 tedvoon

tedvoon
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

Hi how do I install the mod?

see attached

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

#24 Vasculio

Vasculio
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

I hope to try this mod out someday when i get my new computer

Jaheira- You are amusing, in a "what the hell is wrong with you" kind of way.
Montaron- Ye live longer if ye don't annoy me. Mayhaps even a week or more.

#25 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

Hi how do I install the mod?

see attached

You install the game first, then you install the modmerge tool in to your game, and then you can install this. Yes to use the modmerge, you need to have the BG1EE + SoD. So there.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.