Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

thumb-6b992b93cec17423c81f31fa368ceafb-c

File Name: Shine On Caelar
File Submitter: Roxanne
File Submitted: 02 Mar 2018
File Category: [Link to SHS page deleted - no longer valid]

DOWNLOAD LINK

1) Part 1 SoD Alternative

Many players have felt that the protagonist is denied the valid option during the negotiations with Caelar to decide in favor of her offers to join efforts against Avernus.
This mod allows the player to overrule the coalition leaders and make an own decision about joining Caelar. The motive is that the player knows enough about the betrayal planned by her advisor and tries to avoid the bloody battle over Dragonspear Castle.
The option for decision appears in the negotiation at Dead Man's Pass, provided the player has left way for such a decision by previous dialogues and actions.
The more information the protagonist has gained during the game about Caelar and those near her, the more options are available while at her side.
The Shining Lady will not become join-able during SoD and her fate when leaving Avernus remains as in the original game. The remaining plot in SoD is not affected, only during the trial you get an option to use your decision as additional argument.
Do NOT use this mod when playing SoD for the first time. It bypasses the semi-cinematic battles at coalition camp and breaking into Dragonspear Castle. The crusaders retreat peacefully and the Castle is in the hands of the Flaming Fist after you return from Avernus.

2) Part 2 Caelar's Rescue

This addition (for EET only) will allow you to finally release the Shining Lady from Avernus. The extension starts in ToB when you meet Aun Argent in Saradush. Your Bhaal plane portal allows you to access other parts of Hell and by this provides a means to rescue Caelar and let her join your party.
This way all your former opponents from the various campaigns (Sarevok, Caelar and Irenicus) may be added to your final party.
Instead of seeking redemption as a fallen paladin, Caelar will try to become the champion of a rising new god, although her idea about your role differs quite a bit from Sarevok's view...

Caelar has a quest concerning the souls lost in Avernus which includes the party's return to Dragonspear and various SoD areas.

A mod for SoD and EET by RoxanneSHS

Support and Bug reporting

Edited by jastey, 19 August 2022 - 01:15 AM.
removed invalid links.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

A Note for modders

Part 2 is currently suspended for release until details about a possible other mod that may bring Caelar back to the game are known. This is to avoid overlap or incompatibility.

From what little I know:

Part 1 stays true to the original SoD contents concerning Caelar and therefore should be compatible with any mod that adds her in later parts. Her outcome, all globals, files, etc. are equal to the situation in the original game when the player has Caelar as ally in the Avernus final battle.

For anyone who wants to take the deviation into account, this Global

Global("bd_alt_willing_surrender","global",9)

indicates that the alternative road was used during SoD part. This may be used for any EET compatibility.

Part 2 (if it will ever be released) will not start or affect any game until the party reaches Saradush. Compatibility can easily be achieved by my mod adding conditions to prevent the spawning of Aun Argent for the case that Caelar has already been freed by other mod(s).

Edited by Roxanne, 01 March 2018 - 01:20 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

Thank you for releasing this.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Thank you for releasing this.

I have added a little warning I forgot in the first post:

Only tested for EET, SoD compatibility is assumed from technical assessment.

I did not find anything in the files etc that I touch that makes a difference for this mini-mod extract. The main part is still not released.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 March 2018 - 02:12 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 -verlaine-

-verlaine-

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

Great!

All my nasty nagging has triggered some result. I just hope you'll find a way to release part 2 as well once that other mod is out and compatibility can be checked.

I found I could already test it in my SoD where I was still prior that second Caelar meeting. I cheated in the global to get the alternative responses and it fired off. I'll let you know if any event from that chapter is missing and I can't finish some other quest. Probably the trolls stuff but that's not important.

#6 Raduziel

Raduziel
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

That's fantastic!

Great job! A mod like this was very necessary.

#7 -verlaine-

-verlaine-

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

How do I start the part 2 rescue?

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

How do I start the part 2 rescue?

Spoiler

This is only available in EET. He will only be there if you sided with Caelar in SoD (in the final battle, it is not necessary to have chosen the part 1 alternative for that). And she survived, of course.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Lassal

Lassal
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

How about getting Black Caelar for evil players? I want to strip her light forever and make her serve me

SetGlobal("BodhiRomance","GLOBAL",2)

Mods:
Vampire World for EET - http://www.shsforums...-world-for-eet/
Mercenaries of Sword Coast for EET - http://www.shsforums...-coast-for-eet/
Bank of Baldurs Gate for EEThttp://www.shsforums...s-gate-for-eet/
Caelar's Fall for EEThttp://www.shsforums...2-caelars-fall/
Pregnancy for EE/EET - http://www.shsforums...or-bg1bg2eeeet/
Sister of Bhaalspawn for EEThttp://www.shsforums...lspawn-for-eet/

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

How about getting Black Caelar for evil players? I want to strip her light forever and make her serve me

She already lost her light,

She is aasimar and an Argent - try to make her serve you against her will.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#11 Lassal

Lassal
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:09 PM

When you troll her about serving Belhifet, she agrees to serve him and becames Black Caelar. It would be cool to kill Belhifet and make her your own slave as god of murder.

SetGlobal("BodhiRomance","GLOBAL",2)

Mods:
Vampire World for EET - http://www.shsforums...-world-for-eet/
Mercenaries of Sword Coast for EET - http://www.shsforums...-coast-for-eet/
Bank of Baldurs Gate for EEThttp://www.shsforums...s-gate-for-eet/
Caelar's Fall for EEThttp://www.shsforums...2-caelars-fall/
Pregnancy for EE/EET - http://www.shsforums...or-bg1bg2eeeet/
Sister of Bhaalspawn for EEThttp://www.shsforums...lspawn-for-eet/

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

When you troll her about serving Belhifet, she agrees to serve him and becames Black Caelar. It would be cool to kill Belhifet and make her your own slave as god of murder.

This would require another mod and another game all together.

In my mod, she only becomes join-able during ToB. By that time B is long dead and you are far from being god of murder yet.

The Sandrah Saga

#13 -Rasmon-

-Rasmon-

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

I have a problem with Caelar, her whole equipment cannot be removed or changed when she joins.

#14 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

I have a problem with Caelar, her whole equipment cannot be removed or changed when she joins.

Did you install the mod AFTER you started SoD?

The mod uses the original Caelar creature, her items have the flag that makes items non-droppable. The mod changes those flags but it only has an effect if you never before met Caelar in the game. In addition, some items (that make her un-killable and specially animated are removed when you rescue her).

You can change the item flags with NI in your savegame if my assumption of late installation is correct.

The Sandrah Saga

#15 -Rasmon-

-Rasmon-

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:16 PM

The mod uses the original Caelar creature, her items have the flag that makes items non-droppable. The mod changes those flags but it only has an effect if you never before met Caelar in the game. In addition, some items (that make her un-killable and specially animated are removed when you rescue her).

You can change the item flags with NI in your savegame if my assumption of late installation is correct.

You're right.

I installed the part 1 of the mod and did SoD. I installed part 2 before I went to ToB.

So the Caelar I rescued is really the one I left behind at the seal?

#16 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

You're right.

I installed the part 1 of the mod and did SoD. I installed part 2 before I went to ToB.

So the Caelar I rescued is really the one I left behind at the seal?

Yes, you rescue the *real* Caelar. Only her plot person items are destroyed and her alignment has changed to LN during her stay in Avernus, that is something uncle Aun might have explained to you.

The Sandrah Saga

#17 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Hey, can you elaborate what conditions cause the additional dialogue options (at dead man's pass)  to show/not show up?

I'm at that stop right now but have no option to overrule the NPC leaders.

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Hey, can you elaborate what conditions cause the additional dialogue options (at dead man's pass)  to show/not show up?

I'm at that stop right now but have no option to overrule the NPC leaders.

This is set by the script in BD3000, the Coalition Camp

IF
GlobalGT("bd_mdd420_good","global",1)
GlobalLT("bd_alt_willing_surrender","global",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("bd_alt_willing_surrender","global",2)
END

It depends on how you dealt with Caelar in previous meetings.

It does not appear in all of the conversation path's of that meeting, only if you follow the *peaceful* path during that meeting. You should get it when de Lancie says ~It pains me to say it, but Nederlok is right. This time. Though I'd happily sacrifice the Bhaalspawn's life to end this war, we don't know what sending them off with Caelar means.~ And you say ~I still think surrender is the best option....~

PS - I consider that there may be more options to trigger the alternative and I am open to suggestions. Since it is just evaluating globals, it will be simple to implement.

The Sandrah Saga

#19 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

"Do NOT use this mod when playing SoD for the first time"

Hi Roxanne,

I'm sorry but I don't understand precisely what you mean by that.

I will try an EET-playthrough and I don't grasp what it implies to that end.

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

"Do NOT use this mod when playing SoD for the first time"

Hi Roxanne,

I'm sorry but I don't understand precisely what you mean by that.

I will try an EET-playthrough and I don't grasp what it implies to that end.

The mod provides an alternative but skips one of the BIG battles to get into Dragonspear Castle.

This is meant as a hint to at least once enjoy the original game as it was written and developed with much work and care. Only if afterwards you feel that you want another way to solve the case with Caelar, you should use that other road. It is for those with an urge to fill a gap in the original game, but for that you should at least know what is going on and decide only after you know the story. But of course you make decisions as you want, it is just my suggestion.

PS In EET you will be able to play the ToB contents regardless of whether you took the SoD alternative or not. Only prerequisite is that Caelar is still alive at SoD end.

Edited by Roxanne, 17 April 2018 - 11:44 PM.

The Sandrah Saga