ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

But I really mean "it's a good time"  :new_thumbs:

#502 Felipe

Felipe
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

Everyone - thank you for all your explanations regarding the fusion of patches, too bad you dont the idea, maybe someone else can do it? I hope i'll see a combo of fixpack, 2 restoration patches, bigg's widescreen and ghostdog in a single pack someday.

Almateria - finished minutes ago my translation for brazilian portuguese, i only didnt translate the changelog because that suck. ;)

You dont need to submit it now, wait till something meaningful that deserves a new release. ;) - talking of which you got a patch from Alien at github.

Attached Files

Edited by Felipe, 15 September 2018 - 01:01 PM.

Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 Home Premium x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

1806101934290105.png7zlogo01.png

#503 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

talking of which you got a patch from Alien at github.

Oh god oh jeez... I think I incorporated it...? DS_STORE files are literally invisible to me, including on github...

Anyway, thanks for the translation!

#504 Samriel

Samriel
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

Hmmm, I noticed some errors during installation on the newest version(2.5) of BG2 EE.

It happened when I tried to install the "Restored Random Encounters" component.

WARNING: cannot find block matching [arestorationp/baf/wilderness_original.baf]

I installed ARP on a clean BG2 EE btw.

Any ideas?

#505 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:53 AM

Oh, yeah, I noticed that happening and thought it was a one-off thing lol. It apparently isn't though.

Don't actually know why it happens because the blocks definitely match!

IF
	OnCreation()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("REBAND01",[488.558],10)
		CreateCreature("REBAND02",[500.454],10)
		CreateCreature("REBAND03",[552.476],10)
		CreateCreature("REBAND04",[427.548],10)
		CreateCreature("REBAND05",[525.591],10)
		Continue()
END

Until I find out the real reason for it, all I can do is shrug and assure that everything else works perfectly!

#506 Argent77

Argent77
  • Staff
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

I found two issues preventing the script blocks from matching:
1) The game scripts don't contain any Continue() actions in the relevant blocks.
2) (EE only) Directions are represented as symbolic names from DIR.IDS. I'd suggest to use a variable in the scripts that evaluates to either a number or symbol depending on the existence of DIR.IDS in the game.

#507 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

1) The game scripts don't contain any Continue() actions in the relevant blocks.

Wow, it really doesn't. I can't believe Bioware would mess up their own script like that, it was all we talked about on the previous page!

Seriously thanks though

#508 Felipe

Felipe
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Almateria - i'd check github once per day if i was you, you got another one from alien. ;)

Why he mentions weidu 2.39 when 2.46 is out? http://www.weidu.org...iDU-Changes.txt

Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 Home Premium x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

#509 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

a) i dunno

b) i'm not used to using github and frankly i still don't actually know how it works. i don't like the delta patch system github uses. it's all a mess if you wanna upload things.

#510 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

a) I didn't change weidu version, I'm only explaining the reason for my proposed changes: 

change since weidu 239 and above: TP2 precedence order is now MyMod/MyMod.tp2, MyMod/Setup-MyMod.tp2, MyMod.tp2, Setup-MyMod.tp2

b) you made first baby step, now stand up :) Could you be more specific regarding mess?

#511 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Okay.
There was a time when I needed to throw up an updated ARP build from 8.2.9 to 8.3, I used the standard git procedure for that. However, the description you need to enter in a commit applies only to the top level folder containing files changed. In short, I ended up with setup files marked as 8.2.9, and the content folder as 8.3, which is obviously not ideal, as I cannot manually change description on repository content, or to have it change on files that did not change.
So... yeah! Advice on that, assuming its something that can be circumvented instead of intended behavior?

#512 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

So ... you referring to the fact that, after updating/editing files, committing them to the local repository then pushing it to remote repository, it looked like this: https://github.com/S...88ddf23d0476ab8

2jbmLDx0SuiWfQqIrNHl1A.png

and you assumed that "Test for the 8.2.9 version, I guess?" files are from 8.2.9 version? And should be marked as 8.3 because it was the last commit message? Well, that would be correct only under condition if you changed those files and committed those changes. But those files were not changed so the "intended behavior" is correct. The "github files/folders view" show the last commit for directory/file and shouldn't be interpreted as "some files are from old version! I forgot something!" because not every file will change when you do a tinny updates. It's not a problem and I don't remember any player who would report such thing as "hey, some files are from older version" etc  If you want to be more pro-github, you can create a release where the version number will be clearly visible.

If you have any more question regarding you repository, feel free to ask here. More general git/github question can be asked here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=29541 I strongly suggest to read about what is commit, index area, etc

Edited by ALIEN, 22 September 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#513 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

Yes that is exactly my point of contention you described. It doesn't matter to me that it's intentionally horrid! It'd be a fuckup in every other place!

#514 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

This is too stupid and over the last month I've wasted more time figuring out how this crap works. I'm throwing in the towel. There is no explainable way as to why the action of uploading shit online has to be so bad.

My github username is ShaktiExceso, my password is sugkem-nazfeB-pagbe3, if someone wants to take care of this they can read all the files, make their own "ssh keys" whatever that is, type silly words in their terminal, steal my data, whatever. I'm done with this. 8.4 is out.

#515 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:59 PM

You use terminal for this? Lol , no wonder why the experience is bad for you. Github has his own GUI for this, all you do is click on a button. Or use TortoiseGit where you have nice "Right-Click" menu. Calling something stupid because you don't understand it is childish  ;)  

#516 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 AM

There is no explainable way as to why the action of uploading shit online has to be so bad.

If some wonder, this is how it is:   ;)

https://webm.video/CKmDR7

Edited by ALIEN, Yesterday, 05:11 AM.

#517 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:05 AM

Github has his own GUI for this, all you do is click on a button.

jkmkf.png

Or use TortoiseGit where you have nice "Right-Click" menu.

jkqsp.png

https://webm.video/CKmDR7

rwckj.png

#518 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 841 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 AM

You wanted to do mass-upload it via website, correct? Well, for such massive upload, you need to use desktop GUI client, Github has own client for Mac also, see vid, SHS malformed it but its fixed now.

I'm trying to be helpful here because I want to know which wall you are hitting as beginner and what causes them.

Edited by ALIEN, Yesterday, 05:45 AM.

#519 Felipe

Felipe
  • 15 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 AM

I'm done with this. 8.4 is out.

I hope you arent serious about this :/ - Quitting because github sucks is a little bit over the top dont you think? ;)

Also, you always have sourceforge.net ;)