Photo

How to play on large screen 3840x2160 - mod available?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

Last time I checked there is a wide screen mod that supposedly supports up to 2048x1536. Last time I checked I didn't have a 3840x2160 UHD monitor :)

I haven't had any success whatsoever getting the original BG to work on this monitor in fullscreen, i only see about 1/4 of the image. Does that mean I need to wait till there are 7680x4320 screens, or am I missing something obvious?

Ideally I would like to play in high resolution without every character turning to pixel size. That's exactly what happened in the EE version at first. The zoom and auto adjust menu bar feature fixed the size just fine, but YUCK! does EE make the game look ugly!! No way I'm playing that.

Any way to fix this with original version?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

Scaling...
Or if you want to use a UHD screen, just use a Full HD resolution... so you install the Widescreen mod with 1920x1080 resolution. And the BG1's MENUes are in the first quater of the screen, that's usual, the_bigg didn't fix that, he didn't have the offsets*... but the rest, as in, the in-game play area/map is in full screen... if it is not smaller than the resolution you set, so small house interiors and so forth get to be in the 1st quater again, if they are that small.... and your main GUI is correct size throughout the game, as is the dialog scroll, but not the main menues, like said.

*there's a mod that has the offsets known... but there are only a few BG1 GUI mods with a set resolution options: 1280 x 720, 1280x768, 1280 x 800 or 1024x768 ( this is a 4:3, not 16:9 ), and those are installed after Widescreen mod.

I haven't had any success whatsoever getting the original BG to work on this monitor in fullscreen, i only see about 1/4 of the image.

Erhm, you actually see the whole image, the menu art just doesn't extend beyond the originals limits, aka past the first quater, cause it was originally made to be 640x480.

or am I missing something obvious?

Yeah, the above fact.

Edited by The Imp, 28 July 2019 - 12:47 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.