• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#41 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Hi all:

In post #33, my spoiler shows the WeiDU.log for a game using BiG World Installpack v18.2.2.7z.  BGT v1.20 installed without error.  Using a 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.  Installed in E:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA.

Tom

#42 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

@new(Mike)
There are no changes from BWPv18.1 to BWPv18.2 that could cause that. From time to time I noticed similar behavior. Reason are wrong registry entries. That was the reason why  you should restart your computer before installing

@Sergio

Where is this "edited" vlad's compilation?

The BWFixpack makes the necessary changes.

subtledoctor actually suggests using Refinements v3 with classic edition. Would you agree or not?

You should do what the author suggests. I will change Installpack at weekend accordingly.

Refinements: but the approach of V3 is really aggressive toward classic game. Wouldn't it be better to leave refinements HLA for everything but thief, and use rogue rebalancing HLA to thieves as a "substitute"?

Edited by Sergio, 16 October 2019 - 12:19 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#43 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:44 PM

@Sergio

Refinements: but the approach of V3 is really aggressive toward classic game. Wouldn't it be better to leave refinements HLA for everything but thief, and use rogue rebalancing HLA to thieves as a "substitute"?

changed; RR's HLA take precedence over Refinements'

@ChitownWillie

* To: "\BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\x86\amd64" <-- Create this folder manually

I don't know how that should work, but I added a line.

#44 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

Hello Leonardo Watson,

I can confirm on windows10 64 bit that with 18.2.2 you actually get the error new(Mike)  reported concerning missing mosunpack etc. executables. I copied the files to the  new folder as described by ChitownWillie and new(Mike) and restarted (the dirty solution instead of restarting from scratch). Up to now this appears to work.

Two more problems I encountered every time in several previous unsuccessfull attempts:

1. It complains every time that the folder "BiG World Downloads" is missing although it is there. I then simply enter "BiG World Downloads" by hand and everything (unpacking) works.

2. For some reason it was using a weidu version 23107 which choked on the tp2 of BG2 Fixpack. I replaced a weidu.exe in the BG2 main directory which appeared after unpacking and starting the Installpack (not sure where this originally came from, but the date on the file was 2013) as well as the setup-widescreen.exe and Setup-TobEx.exe with  BiG World Installpack/utils/weidu-64.exe at the point where a reboot is required. Now it is happily using weidu 24600.

Some general hint: I have only windows defender on the machine. It needs to be disabled after every reboot, it simply does not stay disabled without brute force.

I will probably try 18.2.3 next week.

Thank you for all the work you put in this !

#45 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

OK, now it died while installing InfinityAnimations. To be clear, this is with an modified individual.bat ! Error is apparently

A mod has overwritten BG2 animations in your game. Extract IA_BG2_Restores.rar to your infinityanimations/restore folder.
An installed  mod requires IA_BGII_IWDII.rar extracted to your infinityanimations/content folder.
FAILURE:
Required content missing.
Stopping installation because of error.

I guess I did not download some files ? Any hints ? Assuming this is the case and they are in BiG World Downloads, will the Installpack take care of them ?

Time to try 18.2.3 next week I guess :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK, the BiG World Project lists the files, should have read it more carefully.

Edited by ckoe, 19 October 2019 - 07:53 AM.

#46 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for your report. Since I still use a 32-bit engine, I rely on your reports.

I guess I did not download some files ? Any hints ? Assuming this is the case and they are in BiG World Downloads, will the Installpack take care of them ?

The IA contents must be downloaded separately. If they are in the download folder, Installpack will handle them correctly.

2. For some reason it was using a weidu version 23107 which choked on the tp2 of BG2 Fixpack. I replaced a weidu.exe in the BG2 main directory which appeared after unpacking and starting the Installpack (not sure where this originally came from, but the date on the file was 2013) as well as the setup-widescreen.exe and Setup-TobEx.exe with  BiG World Installpack/utils/weidu-64.exe at the point where a reboot is required. Now it is happily using weidu 24600.

The Valerie mod copies that ancient WeiDU into the game folder. As of v18.2.3 BWP takes care of it.

#47 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:37 AM

The IA contents must be downloaded separately. If they are in the download folder, Installpack will handle them correctly.

OK.

The Valerie mod copies that ancient WeiDU into the game folder. As of v18.2.3 BWP takes care of it.

I will give 18.3.2 a try next week when I have access to the computer again.

Thank you very much for your help !

#48 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

Hi Leonardo:

I have temporary stopped creating a new megamod game because I am waiting for Microsoft to call and fix my two computers. This gave me time to look through mods and other BWP stuff.

I found this:

:PREVIEW
SET EINST=".\%BWIPS%\preview.bat"             Translates to:    ".\BiG World Installpack\source\preview.bat"
SET EINSTI=".\%BWIPS%\preview.bat"            Translates to:    ".\BiG World Installpack\source\preview.bat"

It appears that %EINST% and %EINSTI% perform the same function.  Therefore I will ignore the fact they look different but probably perform the same function.

Tom

#49 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

@Sergio

changed; RR's HLA take precedence over Refinements'

@ChitownWillie

* To: "\BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\x86\amd64" <-- Create this folder manually

I don't know how that should work, but I added a line.

@Leonardo Watson

create  a folder \BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\amd64, not \BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\x86\amd64
there are two folder \x86 and \amd64  in the win32 folder

#50 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

@Leonardo Watson

create  a folder \BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\amd64, not \BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\x86\amd64
there are two folder \x86 and \amd64  in the win32 folder

It doesn't actually matter if you create a sub-folder in another or just another folder... as long as the rest of the code points to the correct spot.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#51 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

@tomkaz

It appears that %EINST% and %EINSTI% perform the same function.  Therefore I will ignore the fact they look different but probably perform the same function.

It makes a differernce depending on whether you install with Install.bat or with Install_q.bat. If you are using Install_q.bat. %EINST% installs the mod without further input, %EINSTI% requires additional input.

@new(Mike)
Installpack creates a folder .\bgt\install\win32\amd64

#52 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:23 PM

Hi Leonardo:

I greatly appreciate your help.  I just found another typo in individual.bat in v18.2.3.  The 'wheels' line is only a marker to where the error is.  There is one "(" and two ")" in the section that installs Tactics #0.

Call %EINST% wheels "0"

findstr /I /M "REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~.*#.*#16./ BGT.TP2~.*#.*#0./" %ELOG%>nul
                    if errorlevel 1 (
                                        %IFNS%BP.exe Call %EINSTI% Tactics "0"
                    )
)

My main computer still needs repairs with updates.  I have spent hours with level 2 MS techs trying to install updates. Great fun!

TOM

#53 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:10 AM

fixed.

#54 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hi Leonardo,

just wanted to express my gratitude for your continued efforts, as I was really hoping for an updated BWP after BWS has been abandoned. Thanks again!

Edited by DivideBy0, 21 October 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#55 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

Hi All:

After 4 days, Microsoft technicians were unable to install my Windows 7 updates so I could finish loading Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  Their final advice was to reinstall it again.

I looked through BWP. The only comments about using Windows 10 for a BGT game warned that Windows 10 may have game compatibility problems. 

If you used Windows 10 for BGT games, does it work?   Any problems with some mods?  I have real problems because my computer only works with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I would greatly appreciate any comments about Windows 10 and BGT games.

I guess the only thing to try is a reinstall with multiple Windows 7 disks, both 64 bit and 32 bit and see if any work.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#56 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:49 PM

I would greatly appreciate any comments about Windows 10 and BGT games.

I'm going to perform an (almost) full BWP installation under Win 10 x64 as soon as I finish sifting through all the available mods, but I don't foresee any particular issue as I had none with BWS.

#57 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

If you used Windows 10 for BGT games, does it work? 

Yes. You just need to install the game into your owned folders if you use the C drive, the other drives are free from this restriction.

The folder in C drive follows this structure: C:\Users\<user profile>\Games\BGII - SoA\ ...

..same goes for all the old games from years ago you intend to modify.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#58 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hi DivideByo.  Hi The Imp.

Thank you for the information.  But as usual there is always a snag.  I just realized that my computer only works with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  I guess I will start to search out a new computer or a new motherboard.  I never use the C:\ drive for anything but the OS.

Tom

#59 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:35 AM

I never use the C:\ drive for anything but the OS.

That's extremely good practice.. but the usual snag there is that todays compiled computers have SSD's as their OS drives to make it faster, aka C drive... and so that's their only place to run their most current tech games too. And so one usually should know about the user profile files ... if they use the C drive. Not that the BGs need to be there, but anyways, it's worth mentioning.

I guess I will start to search out a new computer or a new motherboard.

There's no need... it's not necessary, it's just an option.

So if you have a old computer that doesn't "want to" update to Windows 10, then the Windows 8.1 or 7 are good second placers. ...cause it wasn't meant to be updated, cause the brand compiled laptop computers don't offer eternal user freedom.

#60 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hi Leonardo,

Just curious - For "Made in Heaven: Encounters & Quests v3", you note:

"Only the components 6, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 can be installed."

Any particular reason?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Update: Found it in "individual.bat":

rem all the other components cannot be installed because of errors

Edited by ChitownWillie, 23 October 2019 - 12:32 PM.