Will this mod ever be released updated?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:25 AM

Currently it is not compatible with Baldur's gate original version if you use Ascension v2.

Any chance someone could take a look at it... ?

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

Hmm, somebody sent me an email about the mod being in the trash bin of history and not compatible with Ascension v.2.

I am willing to either hand over maintenance or try to slowly wade in to the waters and fiddle with it to make the fixes. Thing though is - I have not touched the mods/modding tools  like forever. I know there is supposedly EE edition of it as well, but have no clue as to where and how and who.

Can somebody here shoot me an email so I can ask some questions?

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

Hmm, somebody sent me an email about the mod being in the trash bin of history and not compatible with Ascension v.2.

I am willing to either hand over maintenance or try to slowly wade in to the waters and fiddle with it to make the fixes. Thing though is - I have not touched the mods/modding tools  like forever. I know there is supposedly EE edition of it as well, but have no clue as to where and how and who.

Here is version 1.6.7 from Roxanne, compatible with Ascension v2: http://www.shsforums...longer-road-ee/

("This is a pure technical adaptation of the original mod by ladydorotea. No contents has been altered.")

Maybe you should check it out and, if it works fine, update it on the main page?

But there it is noted that: FOR BG2EE or EET only (For old game use V1.5.1 of the mod)

It would be nice to fix this so that one version works on both the old and the EE game.

Edited by Austin, 15 December 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

("This is a pure technical adaptation of the original mod by ladydorotea. No contents has been altered.")

Caution: this might be outdated. Roxanne likes to change things as she sees fit in her inofficial mod versions.

#5 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:34 AM

Every time Roxanne releases one of her unofficial versions, 

a) you are never sure if narrative content gets changed
b) Everyone that use BGT or classical baldur's gate gets fucked because she adopts the mentality "either you get EE or fuck you"
c) I would enjoy more having an official versions where changes are transparent and changelogged
d) I do not endorse in any way her way of acting or promoting her own unofficial versions, especially because there are times when the original mod creators are very much alive and supportive of their mods and she deliberately releases new versions of these mods claiming she fixed bugs (is it too hard to report them?)
e) I don't care adding other points but there are others.

#6 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

Dorotea, are you still out there? Hopefully the answer is yes.

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:22 AM

Feel free to PM me. I'm not volunteering to take over maintenance as my plate is too full currently, though.

#8 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:38 PM

Also, I got another request. Could this mod be made indipendent from Ascension? 

I don't care about the final fight, but if the mod does not detect ascension to be installed, it should install itself anyway and adapt (if possible).