PI project infinity EET Windows mod mega

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

Intro
Things worked notably better than in the first take.  Setting the target game to EET instead of BG1EE solved many problems, but still left plenty.  This post is intentionally similar to the previous one, but includes a fairly detailed list of what didn't install.  (Also, I apologize if this is the wrong forum:  Mods, move this post where it should be if it should be moved.)

I'm generally new to Infinity Engine modding.  I've never made a mod and rarely installed any.  I used Big World Setup (BWS) for awhile, but got annoyed when certain mods which seemed compatible mysteriously conflicted or didn't reliably install, and turned to PI as a means of getting more mods.  I've beaten BGEE, BGIIEE, IWDEE, and PS:T.  I've played the first third or so of IWDII.

This is also my last serious attempt at getting EET and its mods working before we move onto other games.

Mod List
The most current PI list I assembled is here as of Jan 24, 2020.  (I know certain mods have been updated since then and I'm amidst handling those.  Still, make notes on whatever mods and options you believe should be edited on this list!)

Note that any line starting with # (hashtag/pound sign/number symbol) is a comment and will be ignored by PI and Weidu.

This mod install order was heavily inspired by subtledoctor's.

What DIDN'T Properly Install

In addition, these were the most notable mods that didn't properly install.  As prudent, I also included messages from PI's output log (console).

Install Log (Error Log?)
Attached due to its length.  (Truly attached now.  SHS Forums required me to find the file to attach then click another button to attach it.)

Goals
A few months ago, I felt inspired to research mods for a family game of BGEE with the Item Randomizer which led to more and more mods being added.  My attitude has been, "Add every mod we can!"  I'm also the only one of the three of us who will directly be working on making and maintaining this mod list.

(Don't worry about networked/online multiplayer.  We'll do this on a single Windows 10 machine and take turns controlling things as prudent if it comes to that.)

Ultimately, we want to enjoy ourselves and want this process to be handled as efficiently as practical!

Intended Main Party
-Female Elf Druid/Sorcerer (via Faiths & Powers and Tome & Blood): Main character.  Also has an Animal Companion from the AnimalCompanions mod.  Summoner, blaster, utilitarian, and versatile character.

-Male Human Fighter/Cleric (via some mod to allow every race to be every class combo, including single/dual/multi).  Backup is full Cleric, preferably of Lathander.  Party's main healer.

-Male Seducer (Thief Kit via the Seducer Mod): Race TBA.  Think 'mind controller of anything.'  Yes, 'anything.'

These NPCs will probably feature prominently in our party and will be swapped as seems fun and prudent to us:
-Sarevok

-Edwin

-Imoen?

-Minsc?

-Aura the Gnome Artificer (Thief Kit)/Illusionist

-Baeloth the Drow Sorcerer

-Foundling the Elf Shadow Mage/Thief

-Possibly others.

Current Settings
We use the newest compatible version of every mod on the aforementioned list to my knowledge, and the latest version of Project Infinity (0.7.11 as of this writing).

We use the GOG versions of BGEE, SoD, and BGIIEE.  (I got tired of working with the Steam versions which I also own.)

All mod files were downloaded from GitHub or another website and put into F:\Mods\Unextracted.  All extracted mods were extracted to F:\PI\Mods.  (PI is the Project Infinity base directory.)  More specifically, I got most my mods from Big World Setup, then found the newest versions of them from GitHub or their authors' websites.  For mods not included in BWS, I found them on forums (like Beamdog's) or their authors' websites.

We're playing in English using Windows 10 64-bit.

We'll be using Sword Coast Stratagems, but not playing on Legacy of Bhaal.

Thus...

What should be done to make this stuff work?  Maybe components should be installed in a different order, or there are some things that need further explanation and configuration to cause to work properly.  I'm mostly concerned about ensuring Spell Revisions Aura, and the Unearthed Arcana mods (Tome & Blood, Faiths & Powers) properly work.

Finally for Now
Thankee for your assistance!

Attached Files

Edited by Endarire, 01 March 2020 - 10:56 PM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:27 AM

-Faiths & Powers Multiclass Kits installed with these warnings & errors:

#ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 410 of 314-byte file C#GRTOO4.ITM

#ERROR: [C#GRTOO4.ITM] -> [override/C#GRTOO4.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("C#GRTOO4.ITM: read out of bounds"))

This is not Faiths & Powers fault but an item of my Grey the Dog mod. I'll have a look at that.

Do you have install error logs for the other mods that didn't install, too? Because those are the most helpful info. Only listing the mods doesn't help that much, as you can see from teh abov exmple it might be due to other mods that install errors occur.

#[F:\BG2EE\\setup-c#sodtweaks.exe] WeiDU version 24600

#Using Language [English]

#Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

#Couldn't open the readme: file not found.

#ERROR: No translation provided for @1003

This sounds a lot like the mod package wasn't were it's supposed to, meaning there usual structure mod folder+setup.exe wasn't on the same level inside the game folder. How did you download and extract the mod?

#3 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

@jastey
I truly attached the full console log from PI to the main post this time.

All mod files were downloaded from GitHub or another website and put into F:\Mods\Unextracted.  All extracted mods were extracted to F:\PI\Mods.  (PI is the Project Infinity base directory.)

Edited by Endarire, 29 February 2020 - 08:33 PM.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:11 PM

"GitHub or another website" is a bit unspecific.

#5 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:50 PM

I got most my mods from Big World Setup, then found the newest versions of them from GitHub or their authors' websites.  For mods not included in BWS, I found them on forums (like Beamdog's) or their authors' websites.

#6 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

@Endarire You list is big. Too big. You will encounter errors. For first playthrough you should install 1/4 of it. As for sodtweaks errors, you probably didn't extracted mod properly. Try to download this mod directly from PI "Mods" window and install it into clean BG1SoD.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#7 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

I've checked various GitHub repositories today and installed various updated versions of mods.  I've not yet reinstalled everything, but I suspect various mods I had needed updating.

#8 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

Youre having installation problems with a bunch of mods Ive never seen people have problems with. Hard to diagnose without seeing the logs but my guess is some mod you are installing early is leaving things in a state that messes up a bunch of mods that come later. My kneejerk guess is one of the old megamods, just because they are ancient and sometimes havent had the benefit of being updated to modern best practices.

For the c#grtoo4 error, just remove that file from /override right after installing Grey the Dog, and add it back at the end.

Note that the Faiths & Powers Multiclass Clerics has a problem, you need to add a line to the .tp2 file. Details are in the threads at G3 and Beamdog.

Realistically, this idea of I want to install All The Mods, just because, never works out. Never. You need to pick and choose in a more deliberative fashion.

Also, nothing against PI, but you would likely have more success installing mods manually. Then you could handle problems as they arise, and slowly but surely build a good install. The idea that you can get everything just so to have it all install with a single click of a button, with a mod list like that, is just unrealistic.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:28 PM

I've checked various GitHub repositories....

So when you say this, which archive do you mean ? The main reposotory one, or the /release/ one ? Cause the correct answer is the release one... even if the PI says it to be the main one, that INCORRECT, as you don't download the github's hub files.

Example, PI shows this:

fut8w0v531wr.png

To actually download that mod, you do not use the linked Download link, in which is the hub page which when downloaded clones the hub page:

faultylink.jpg

You use the Download link + /releases/ -link, which opens up a selection of recent releases... not the hub files:

Correctlink.jpg

And then you download the correct operation systems version... in most cases the statagems-v32.8.exe -file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:16 AM

For the c#grtoo4 error, just remove that file from /override right after installing Grey the Dog, and add it back at the end.

Grey the Dog was updated yesterday. The item should give no more errors.

#11 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:48 PM

Is there a difference between buying BGEE and BG2EE from GOG instead of directly from BeamDog?

#12 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

@All
I noticed many of my mods were out of date after asking for help.  I have since updated to the latest version of these mods.  (Grey the Dog, SCS, various NPCs, and more.)

@billy3

The main difference between BGEE (1 & 2) from Steam and GOG is that GOG's version doesn't require I download the installer every time I install it.  To my present understanding, they are otherwise identical.

Getting BG1EE and Siege of Dragonspear from BeamDog pre-merges the SoD DLC/expansion.  This BeamDog download only saves you from using the DLC Merger.

@jastey
I downloaded Grey the Dog v2 after I posted this request for help.

@subtledoctor
I attached to the main post the install log from the PI console window.

@The Imp
When I say GitHub or another site, I meant I manually found the files (ZIPs, RARs, etc. but normally not EXEs) on GitHub (or another site) via a browser, downloaded them, and extracted them manually.  I never used PI's interface for this.  When downloading files from GitHub, I normally downloaded the ZIP via clicking "Clone or Download" then "Download ZIP."

Edited by Endarire, 03 March 2020 - 03:30 PM.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:13 PM

@The Imp
When I say GitHub or another site, I meant I manually found the files (ZIPs, RARs, etc. but normally not EXEs) on GitHub (or another site) via a browser, downloaded them, and extracted them manually.  I never used PI's interface for this.  When downloading files from GitHub, I normally downloaded the ZIP via clicking "Clone or Download" then "Download ZIP."

Yeah, and like I said, that's the WRONG one, as that's the hub archive, not a release. Which will lead into wrongly extracted files.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#14 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

What The Imp said: always download the latest release, never the master from GitHub.

Finding GitHub repos: PI gives info where the official download page of a mod is. If searching for it yourself just make sure you have the original mod, not some forked repo or an inofficial version from Roxanne.

#15 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:17 AM

What The Imp said: always download the latest release, never the master from GitHub.

Finding GitHub repos: PI gives info where the official download page of a mod is.

Too bad the PI or just call it what it is; pee, links to the WRONG folder... the main repo/hub of the mod in "Download" for all the cheese reasons, not the latest releases folder which is the original, but with /releases/ added onto. Unless really rare case.

I might have made a mistake and made the pictures too large in the original post for the actual instruction text to disappear... but I hate to resize the pictures. And yes, I use zoom to read things in my browser, as you can probably see... but who the hell reads things in 4k resolution without a zoom.

Edited by The Imp, 04 March 2020 - 01:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PI, project infinity, EET, Windows, mod, mega