366 replies to this topic

#21 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:08 AM

There seems to be a problem with the loot panel so far

Untitled.png

the bottom right side is void, and the gold number is dislocated. Am using:

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.07

and Improved GUI was installed after widescreen. Resolution is 1280x720.

Edited by Vlan, 29 October 2020 - 06:18 AM.

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

There seems to be a problem with the loot panel ...

Which is the reason why this happens. Aka, switch the install order. Yes, this is a know thing. From 2010 ... yep, June 2010. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 29 October 2020 - 02:11 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:36 PM

There seems to be a problem with the loot panel ...

Which is the reason why this happens. Aka, switch the install order. Yes, this is a know thing. From 2010 ... yep, June 2010. :devil:

In my tries, widescreen cannot be installed after "bg2 improved gui" because widescreen installer will fail, it want equalent *.chu for different resolutions, my mod add new item buttons depending on resolution, more res => more buttons

#24 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:43 PM

Hi Vlan,

Probably some bug in mod installer, please share guiw10.chu from folders:
1) bg2impovedgui\backup\120\ or \110\
2) override\guiw10.chu
3) widescreen\backup\*\guiw10.chu (only if exist)
first is version after widescreen, second is after Improved Gui, so i can compare in InfinityExplorer and see what's wrong

Edited by Insomniator, 29 October 2020 - 02:45 PM.

#25 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:08 PM

Hi Vlan,

Probably some bug in mod installer, please share guiw10.chu from folders:
1) bg2impovedgui\backup\120\ or \110\
2) override\guiw10.chu
3) widescreen\backup\*\guiw10.chu (only if exist)
first is version after widescreen, second is after Improved Gui, so i can compare in InfinityExplorer and see what's wrong

Hey there! Thanks for looking into it!

I named the .rar folders after your points.

3) didn't exist in my install

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.rar   279.87K   195 downloads
  • Attached File  2.rar   2.01K   204 downloads

#26 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

Hey there! Thanks for looking into it!
I named the .rar folders after your points.

Hi Vlan,

Something wrong after installing widescreen (may be you are used very new untested weidu ?):
1) in 1.rar (files before installing improved gui) i dont see guiw10.chu and GMPWMSG0.MOS, these files must be exist after installing widescreen because widescreen mod change and save their in override folder because you choosed resolution above 1024
2) in guiw10.chu from 2.rar (guiwX for resolution 1024x768) after installing improved gui all backgrounded images setted to use 800x600 variant, like GUIWLSP8.MOS instead GUIWLSP0.MOS, my mod dont change these links,  also you didn't provide me this file at "pre- improved gui" state(see problem #1)

#27 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:30 AM

Hey there, I checked the stuff in NearInfinity myself, and found the cultprit:

ID8 in GUIW10.CHU was using GMPWMSG8.MOS instead of GMPWMSG0.MOS.

Problem solved. Another question, is the Journal supposed to look like that? I couldn't compare it with your screenshots since they are offline.

Screenshot-3576.png

#28 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:58 AM

Problem solved. Another question, is the Journal supposed to look like that? I couldn't compare it with your screenshots since they are offline.

Hi

Yes, new journal is exact as on your screen, theres is no middle button to change sort method because it removed, sorting is always by date (event inside quest)

but what is wrong with pictures at my first post ? i use picture links to shsforums.com itsef

#29 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:01 PM

Hi

Yes, new journal is exact as on your screen, theres is no middle button to change sort method because it removed, sorting is always by date (event inside quest)

but what is wrong with pictures at my first post ? i use picture links to shsforums.com itsef

Looks like this:

Untitled.png

#30 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:14 AM

I suppose there isn't a chance to add a hotkey functionality for switching 1h Weapon + Shield combo to a bow / xbow and vice versa?

Edited by Vlan, 01 November 2020 - 01:14 AM.

#31 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

Hi Vlan
I suppose there isn't a chance to add a hotkey functionality for switching 1h Weapon + Shield combo to a bow / xbow and vice versa?

Hotkey is good idea, but i think need universal solution, for example hotkey will switch first weapon slot + shield slot to inventory slot #15 and #16(last slots)

Edited by Insomniator, 02 November 2020 - 09:11 AM.

#32 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:52 PM

Hi Insomniator,

I want to thank you for your work. This mod is great and make this old school game really better.

Nonetheless, it would be great if you can adapt your work for the thac_info on the 1pp GUI inventory .MOS and to show only the hp from ally (no enemy, no party).

In any way, thank you, and keep the good work.

#33 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

I want to thank you for your work. This mod is great and make this old school game really better.

Nonetheless, it would be great if you can adapt your work for the thac_info on the 1pp GUI inventory .MOS and to show only the hp from ally (no enemy, no party).
Hi TotoR, Thanks

1) HP only on ally/summons/charmed/???
2) I never used 1pp GUI, i need to see what can be patched

#34 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi Insomniator,

1) When I play BG2 I like to know the remaining HP of families and summons. I don't need it for the party as there is portraits and tooltip info. At the same time, I like to only know the health state of my enemies, not the exact HP like the vanilla BG2 - I have tried to tweak your mod by changing 3 lines in the .tph (0x023C for enemies, GOODBUTRED and EVILCUTOFF) but I am clearly not a modder and I don't know what I am messing with.

2) 1pp GUI changes the GUI like in the screens above (Vlan's post - darker GUI, nicer bottom cloak, change in inventory screen...). It changes only little things, staying true to vanilla, but making the overall graphics really nicer.

3) In addition, I don't know if it is possible, but, it would be nice to have more bottom shortcut buttons on widescreen (800 and above) and make them all in-game definable with right-click (if I need more spell shortcut, right click on it and select...)

Anyway, this mod makes my playthrough easier, thanks.

#35 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

Hi Insomniator,

1) When I play BG2 I like to know the remaining HP of families and summons. I don't need it for the party as there is portraits and tooltip info. At the same time, I like to only know the health state of my enemies, not the exact HP like the vanilla BG2 - I have tried to tweak your mod by changing 3 lines in the .tph (0x023C for enemies, GOODBUTRED and EVILCUTOFF) but I am clearly not a modder and I don't know what I am messing with.

2) 1pp GUI changes the GUI like in the screens above (Vlan's post - darker GUI, nicer bottom cloak, change in inventory screen...). It changes only little things, staying true to vanilla, but making the overall graphics really nicer.

3) In addition, I don't know if it is possible, but, it would be nice to have more bottom shortcut buttons on widescreen (800 and above) and make them all in-game definable with right-click (if I need more spell shortcut, right click on it and select...)

Anyway, this mod makes my playthrough easier, thanks.
Hi TotoR

1) + 2) Ok, i will check on next week
3) Not possible, "QUICKSPELL" buttons hardcoded to 3 in engine and savegames, too hard to increase

Edited by Insomniator, 05 November 2020 - 03:41 PM.

#36 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:29 PM

Updated to v3.2:

• Two new HP-on-NPC options (ally only / ally+party)
  • Better journal positioning
  • Tooltips on THAC0/Damage controls
  • Support 1pp GUI Inventory background picture

Edited by Insomniator, 06 November 2020 - 04:31 PM.

#37 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 07 November 2020 - 02:41 AM

Insomniator, I saw your post concerning ToBEx. Have you given a thought about developing TobEx?

#38 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

Insomniator, I saw your post concerning ToBEx. Have you given a thought about developing TobEx?

Hi Arthas,

- Too late for ToBex, almost modders moved to EE engines

Authors will backport mods to classic engine ? i dont think so

- I make little quality-of-life things for players, tobex is out of this scope

#39 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:16 AM

Too late for ToBex, almost modders moved to EE engines

http://www.shsforums...lease/?p=609830

#40 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:48 AM

Too late for ToBex, almost modders moved to EE engines

http://www.shsforums...lease/?p=609830

That's a nice post... but the edit to it is completely off by lightyears, so I don't feel that he is capable to actually do what he implies to be trying.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.