• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:32 PM

Hi skellytz
Thank you. Just like everybody else here I think it should be the new version of TobEx. A GitHub repo forked off the original would be a great way to show that. If we all renamed mods because of forks the collaborative process would get needlessly complicated.

And again - this is not TobEx anymore , it is fan fork with all code from my parent project with many hacks/fixes/new bugs/etc

Please leave orig TobEx alone ! (fingers crossed :doh:)

Why are you requiring to install Tobex as a prerequisite? 

Because otherwise, older mods won't detect existence of new ToBEx.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#22 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:38 AM

Yes, this is only reason to install orig TobEx package

#23 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:16 PM

There is a serious bug with ToBEx Afterlife.

If I load a saved game (tried at the beginning of BGT in Candlekeep), the protagonist the part member occupying the last slot is somewhat hasted (goes too fast).

This causes critical issues all through the game. The problem disappears if I open any game the inventory menu.

I am surprised nobody has ever reported this before I learned that Andrea C. has reported exactly the same problem and that you said you could not duplicate it?

But duplicating it should be really easy: just install BG2 + ToB Afterlife + BG2 Fixpack + BGT and check.

Edited by Salk, 29 July 2021 - 03:29 AM.

#24 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:57 PM

Yes, this is only reason to install orig TobEx package

Maybe we should work on finding a safe way for mods to detect TobEx (with AND without TobEx Afterlife) and include it into the readme.

Tell me if I am wrong, but what I understood is that TobEx Afterlife adds new features to original TobEx and fixed those that did not work. If I am right, in middle-long term, once mods needing TobEx to be installed before them would be updated, there would be no logical need to install both TobEx, but only your version.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 21 July 2021 - 09:57 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#25 eyre

eyre
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:26 AM

I can also confirm the bug where the last member of the party is under some kind of haste effect immediately upon loading my saved BGT game with TobEx Afterlife installed. As previously mentioned by Salk, opening any menu screen appears to 'fix' the issue.

#26 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:36 AM

If I load a saved game the party member in the last slot is somewhat hasted (goes too fast). The problem disappears if I open any game menu.

Confirmed too. Affects classic BG2 engine in general. Some engine functions seem to be broken. Also check SoA intro where the assassin gets disintegrated. The part where he's supposed to scream "AHHHHHHHHHH!" is messed up with Afterlife installed: no voiceover, no overhead text and no sound effects. Issues with internal timing functions?

#27 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:36 AM

Duplicate. Please ignore.

It appears that ToBEX Afterlife is messing up with the engine somehow.

There is a report of the disruption of the initial BG2 (SoA) cutscene in which the assassin getting disintegrated doesn't scream AHHHHHHHHHH!" and the overhead text doesn't appear. Both the voiceover and disintegration sound effects don't play.

Edited by Salk, 22 July 2021 - 03:37 AM.

#28 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:38 AM

skellytz ninja'd you, Salk :)

#29 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:06 AM

Hi All

Thank for reporting about HASTE bug, unfortunately i can not reproduce it on my installation.

Replacing "override" folder sended by two users not working, game crash, need exact game folder 100% match after BGT Installer

I try to install exact mods/component from users' weidu.log, maybe I'll be lucky to see this bug

#30 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:25 PM

Updated to v29.3_fix:

v29.3_fix :

• Fixed: HASTE moving regression after Character Behind Polygon Fix

v29.3 :

• Added: Set BG1 Animation during Character Generation

#31 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for fixing the haste problem, Insomniator.

Much appreciated!  :cheers:

#32 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 04:31 AM

Updated to V29.5 :
Added: Over Target Visual Effect Fixes

Updated to V29.4 :
Added: Flickering Cursor Fix
Added: Cpu Idle

Edited by Insomniator, 25 August 2021 - 08:00 AM.

#33 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:56 PM

Thanks a lot for the continuous improvements to ToBEx, Insomniator!  :cheers:

#34 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:24 AM

I echo Salk's words. It's great to see ToBEx still getting updates—and awesome updates at that :)

Confirmed too. Affects classic BG2 engine in general. Some engine functions seem to be broken. Also check SoA intro where the assassin gets disintegrated. The part where he's supposed to scream "AHHHHHHHHHH!" is messed up with Afterlife installed: no voiceover, no overhead text and no sound effects. Issues with internal timing functions?

Anybody knows whether this is still an issue with the latest version?

#35 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 01:57 AM

Updated to V29.7:
Added: Restore "Minimal Level" field in .ITM
Added: OpenGL VSync On

#36 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 06:33 AM

Hey. Great work with expanding Tobex!

For some reason double mouse render rate doesn't work in wine. The game launches, and controls are there, just not drawn.

Captura de pantalla de 2021-09-06 21-22-43.png

This isn't a big issue, though, just fyi.

More importantly, I was hoping your OpenGL tweak would resolve the longstanding intel issue with framebuffer, but unfortunately it doesn't. The issue is, with 3d acceleration, graphics will either display previous buffer or flicker between the old and current buffers (depending on frame rate):

Captura de pantalla de 2021-09-06 21-30-50.png

Supposedly, switching to windowed is supposed to fix that (force opengl to do blitting instead of full buffer swap?), but that doesn't work for me, so something else might be at play.

#37 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 02:44 PM

More importantly, I was hoping your OpenGL tweak would resolve the longstanding intel issue with framebuffer, but unfortunately it doesn't. The issue is, with 3d acceleration, graphics will either display previous buffer or flicker between the old and current buffers (depending on frame rate):
attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla de 2021-09-06 21-30-50.png

I think this is unsupported tripple bufering, tripple buffering works only when game redraw every frame from scratch. Infiniy Engine draw graphic incrementaly, it means it redraws only changed sprites and keep remain frame content between buffer switches.It is possible to set count of video buffers to 3, so game will draw three times on every buffer, but mouse rendering hardcoded to use only 2 buffers.

Intel Control Panel (HD Graphics on Win7 x64) allows personal settings for bgmain.exe:
Vertical sync:

• Use Application Settings - dont touch VSync&Triple Buffering, application set it manually
  • Use Driver Settings - force VSync&Triple Buffering, corrupt BG2 graphic

Supposedly, switching to windowed is supposed to fix that (force opengl to do blitting instead of full buffer swap?), but that doesn't work for me, so something else might be at play.

OpenGL doesnt have blitter, it always swap buffers, even in window mode

Edited by Insomniator, 06 September 2021 - 02:54 PM.

#38 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:07 AM

This is wine/linux. It doesn't have fancy control panels. This did give me some ideas, though.

Are you sure? https://www.khronos....buffer#Blitting

Edited by Magus, 07 September 2021 - 02:19 PM.

#39 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:09 PM

This is wine/linux. It doesn't have fancy control panels. This did give me some ideas, though.
seems wine can not emulate OpenGL properly.
i think BG2 engine doesnt use rare opengl calls, it is usual graphic application, log of apitrace at first frame:
Spoiler

Try Mesa, on Windows it works perfectly with BG2 as opengl software render

Are you sure? https://www.khronos....buffer#Blitting
oops, it has blitter :)
but it never used in InfinityEngine

Edited by Insomniator, 07 September 2021 - 05:42 PM.

#40 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 06:39 AM

Wine doesn't emulate OpenGL, it uses native one.

(For the future reference) Nevertheless, I had some success by switching driver to DRI2, setting Option "TripleBuffer" "false" and vblank_mode=0.