Transferring Triggers/Contingencies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rassadihn

Rassadihn

Eater of Avatars

• 80 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:15 AM

Paging userunfriendly and any other cheesemeisters out there... I know this is possible (or *used* to be possible) and I've done it once, but I can't repeat the trick: having someone cast a Contigency/Trigger-type spell and having it end up on someone else (or having someone cast a C/T spell but getting to select spells from someone else's repertoire).

I believe an Image or Simulacrum was involved, but the obvious thing doesn't work: having an Image or Simmy cast a C/T spell gets me an empty spell list. I can't even cancel the spell, so the only way out is Alt-F4. Ouch.

I know I read about this somewhere, but can't find it. If it was fixed by a patch or mod, that's fine too, I just want to know about it. Anyone?

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:28 AM

UserInfriendly cheese list This is a webpage by UU about all the cheese in BG2. there is also the description of this particular cheese: you need to be quick, pause, select your mage to cast the Contingency spell (maybe also trigger, but I don't know) and then select (via keyboard) your divine spellcaster. you need to be quick because contingency's window is opened when you select the spell, not when you unpause.
another way to do that is potion swappin: pause, open your inventory, select to drink a potion from your backpack, and then place in the potion's slot a scroll. the scroll will be cast when you unpause, instead of drinking the potion. Chain cotingency scroll are limited, the code is scrl9q, scrl9d for spell trigger, scrl8l for sequencer, scrl6p for minor sequencer and scrl7u for contingency.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Rassadihn

Rassadihn

Eater of Avatars

• 80 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:42 AM

I read and re-read it carefully, but the contingency trick is not in there. Only potion swap for various nefarious purposes is mentioned (including Contingency, of course).

Since I know I read it, it may be from a previous version of the cheese guide. Thanks for the info, anyway!