• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:50 PM

As far as I know there is nothing in the game which indicates this one way or the other, but I don't doubt that people have strong views on the matter, so express them here. Some sort of explanation for your view is, as ever, superior to the choice alone.

#2 Renmauzo

Renmauzo
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:08 AM

I dont feel theres really any in game text that acts as evidence for Imoens sexuality one way or the other. If shes to be rommanceable Id like to see her be bi; you know- equal opurtunity and all that. Of course it would be really quite nice to see, in the romance, text options vary upon sex. So a lesbian relationship would be a bit different than a heterosexual one.

#3 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:51 AM

Methinks Immy kitty be-est bisexual *miaows*
Is kitty :)

#4 serjeLeBlade

serjeLeBlade

Silly bard

• 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:47 AM

Well... I remember her showing some (very minor and not necessarily serious) signs of interest/appreciation about Keldorn and Haer'Dalis.

(No big deal, but still, she never shows anything that could be interpreted as "sexual/romantic interest" towards the girls, iirc)

#5 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:48 AM

Well... I remember her showing some (very minor and not necessarily serious) signs of interest/appreciation about Keldorn and Haer'Dalis.

She doesn't!!! :(
Is kitty :)

#6 serjeLeBlade

serjeLeBlade

Silly bard

• 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:03 AM

She doesn't!!! :(

Actually, I should have detailed what I was talking about ... :rolleyes:
Sorry... I'll try clarify.

In ToB, when Haer'Dalis flatters her, she seemed more touched/pleased than I expected (even if in the end she makes fun of him).
It's the dialogue that ends with "write a book, I'll buy it". Ever seen it?

Very minor, as I said.

About Keldorn, I have to admit that I read it in a forum (maybe this one) :unsure:

...so, it could be anybody's invention.
Do as I never mentioned it.

#7 Teno20

Teno20

Many-as-One

• 40 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 03:07 AM

She could be someone who's conservative about her sexuality. She may be bi anyway... Who knows?
Posted Image

#8 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 06:46 AM

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :o
IT'S MY FAULT!!
STUPID Littiz!

She's HETRO, HETRO!
I know why you all want her bi!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#9 Ereion

Ereion
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 07:01 AM

I'd have to say shes Hetro

#10 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 07:45 AM

She teases Keldorn, but then tells him to "get over himself" when he falls for it. Her reaction to Haer'Dalis shows that she doesn't hate him, but not that she's attracted to him.

There is no speck of evidence one way or the other for her gender preference. Based on what is in the game, she could be straight, bi, or lesbian. I think it would be fun if she was lesbian (not bi) (believe me, I know from real life that being a lesbian does not preclude the kind of teasing she does with Keldorn and Haer'Dalis), but there's no more or less support for that than there is that for the idea that she's straight.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#11 Althernai

Althernai
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 09:13 AM

I strongly believe that she is hetero - though I have no concrete facts to support it. I've looked through her banters, and there really is nothing to indicate a preference for her (though it comes pretty close in the talk with Evil Sarevok). The only thing I can present to support my intuition is statistics - of the people who say absolutely nothing, the vast majority are hetero (well, either that or cheating on their spouses - but I prefer to think the best of people).

The dialogue with Keldorn is actually her way of stealing a ring.

#12 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 18 October 2002 - 10:54 AM

Yes, dialogue with Keldorn has nothing to do with attraction. The HD convo, to me, establishes at least that HD turned her on. If you want to go with Kish's argument that that proves nothing, well, fine.

As the author of the Kelsey-Imoen romance, I've obviously put my chips on the table for her at least definitely liking men. As for her potential attraction to women, my read is that she's like a fair few college freshmen: she might get drunk one night and make out with her roommate, but that doesn't make her a career bisexual.

Call me tied to societal norms, but I tend to assume someone is mono-hetero unless otherwise established.

#13 Entreri

Entreri
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:11 PM

The reason for this debate is because in the BG2 and TOB books Imoen is lesbian, as she sleeps with Phaere and fancies Melissian.

#14 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:20 PM

Don't really care much for Kelsey, no offence to you of course JC. Kelsey is, by all means, a well written character. However, he's "not my thing".

Back to the actual character that was designed in the game... She seems more the type that is a kid at heart through all her days. She doesn't seem to take anything seriously, and when she does, she shrugs it off shortly after. From the way I saw it, she found it more amusing then anything else when HD tried to swoon her. Imoen, in the way I see her from the company, was really ment as a "hide all the pain and laugh it away" type character. The only person she truely ever opened up to with her pain was the PC, which is realistic considering they grew up together, they share the same taint. I think Imoen is whatever the mod maker pictures her to be, as long as they stick to what is provided as a character base within the game. She can be straight, she can be bi, or she could even be a lesbian. For all any of us know, she may have even been planned as liking women more then men. There isn't enough given material to show it really.. So a mod maker just has to wing it with what they DO know, and what they would like to see and express. Three mods that move about Imoen aside from this one. One, she falls for a man, Kelsey. This was JC's choice in how he saw her as a character and made her straight. Two, the PC has the ability to romance their "sister in name and taint", this again goes against the morals of some people, but it was how the maker saw her as a character. Three, she falls for a woman, Chloe. So in all reality Imoen ISN'T straight/bi/lesbian, not unless you choose to download one of these mods.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#15 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:11 PM

The HD convo, to me, establishes at least that HD turned her on. If you want to go with Kish's argument that that proves nothing, well, fine.

Kish would also disagree that HD seems to turn her on. He seems to amuse her--that's all Kish sees there.

The reason for this debate is because in the BG2 and TOB books Imoen is lesbian, as she sleeps with Phaere and fancies Melissian.

Huh?

: blinks: That's quite an assertion. The books, from what I've heard, are beyond hideous and completely untrue to the games (Khalid cheating on Jaheira and getting killed by CharName/Abdel comes to mind), and, accordingly, they're completely irrelevant to anything about the actual game.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#16 Klias

Klias

Attachment breeds competence

• 30 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:33 PM

Perhaps Lucy based the Chloe-Imoen romance on this.

Yeah Kish, I find certain parts in the books to be disturbing and totally perverted from the game. <_<
History has been recorded for a purpose. Be mindful of what has come before, that it may guide you toward what is to be.

#17 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 03:29 PM

Perhaps Lucy based the Chloe-Imoen romance on this.

Yeah Kish, I find certain parts in the books to be disturbing and totally perverted from the game. <_<

Actually no, I did not. I did not even know that this was in the books until after the mod was already being written. I have not read the books as of yet.

I've known many women, straight, bi, and lesbian, and judging by Imoen's personality I feel she is bisexual. I could go into evidence but it's all subjective so it matters little. Anyone who knows me personally could tell you that I'm a very good judge of character and sexuality, but since none of you know me personally my opinion on the matter is of no more consequence than anyone else's.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#18 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 04:03 PM

I don't want to sound like a psycho but IMO Imoen is totally bi...

#19 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 05:52 PM

Imoen likes who Imoen likes. Thus Imoen likes who ever we make her like in mods.
I'm not crazy... at least thats what those voices I keep hearing tell me.

You say I'm a pyro like its a BAD thing

#20 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 06:13 PM

well... but if what they say about those books is true... then I'm afraid that Imoen is a total lezbo (no offense meant to any lesbian person)...