• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

Far less controversial than the last titbit (for that reason I expect one reply max), here comes some love:

You feel your hand brush against another, and suddenly the image changes. You see... you! Yet, it is not you. You appear nobler, somehow more valiant than you would have ever believed.

A wave of happiness pours though you and you realise that you can finally move on, that the doubts that plagued you have been replaced with a feeling of such... contentment as you never thought possible. It is, you realise, love.

As the images fall away, you awake on the floor, the face of Jaheira over you, sternness and concern mixed into one on her face.

Jaheira ?CHARNAME? Are you all right? Never scare me like that again! You seemed dead... I could not lose you. We have been through too much; we have been too... close. Please do nothing so foolish again." Despite her stern words you see nothing but love in her eyes, and she places a gentle kiss on your lips as she helps you to rise.

#2 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:49 PM

Hmmm... a more urgent case of rewording I have yet to see. Guess this titbit thing is paying off.

*mental note: reword this piece*

#3 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:05 PM

Nice to know that everything said by you is not too dark ;)

This stuff is refreshing, good stuff mate :)

(am I the one post max :P ;))
Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#4 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:10 PM

Worry not, you noble fools will get your chance for death and glory... or maybe just death. It depends on my mood.

Nope, this is a mod with good, evil, and "annoying adventurer questions". Dark it may be, but there's a little light now and again. More if you take a party.

They'll keep you on the straight and narrow too if they're good. No picking on small children if Mazzy is around.

#5 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:16 PM

Worry not, you noble fools will get your chance for death and glory... or maybe just death. It depends on my mood.

good good mate, I am just speaking on the behalf of 'the Good' and really we prefer to fight waves of waves of evil and cutting a swathe through them (i'm usually a paladin or assassin so thats the way I see it) :D

(if good people don't agree then, um, go play tennis or something)

No picking on small children if Mazzy is around.

that is beyond us :)

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#6 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:31 AM

Plenty of fighting... monsters all equipped with lethal AI by Xyx of Smart Beholders fame.

#7 rreinier

rreinier
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:26 AM

First and foremost: great work, once again! :D

Secondly, a short question about the AI: I'm sure this has been asked before, but do the monsters stick to the rules that the players are bound to, or do they cheat (like the beholders did)?

#8 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:56 PM

You'd be best opening a new topic. I'm sure Xyx would love to explain how his beholders don't cheat :)

Our monsters, where possible, are as close to the Monsterous Manual version as we can get them.

Edited by Quitch, 01 March 2004 - 03:20 AM.

#9 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 06:06 AM

I had think about we can fall in love with Garren's child when discovering this title. Oh! Nevermind. I remember Jaheira kissed my PC only one time after defeating Melissan.

#10 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 06:11 AM

I remember Jaheira kissed my PC only one time after defeating Melissan.

I actually never bothered to finish the jaheira romance (but I will eventually :)) but does she only kiss you once? sucks to that <_<

Defy me and die!

Posted Image

#11 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 08:08 AM

She sleeps with the player, I'm sure some kissing problably goes on then.

IIRC, after defeating Melissan, she kisses you on the cheek. It's the only action in all of the BG series that I remember.

#12 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:49 PM

Jaheira is not overly (very?) demonstrative. It's one of many things that make her the NPC that she is, and she makes up for it in other ways. I found it to be one of the more satisfying romances; I hate Aerie and Anomen.

#13 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:54 AM

The Jaheira romance was, IMO, the best written of all the SoA romances. It didn't deal with dramatic changes, there wasn't weeping over past deeds, there weren't dark secrets, there weren't needy child-like moments, there weren't wild alignment swings just because somone had a new thought... it was just a woman overcoming an emotional loss and finding someone to talk to it about. It covers the gentle transition from mourning for her husband, to being torn between duty and friendship, to finally finding love in her companion, the player.

It was a wonderful piece of writing, which overcame the simplicity of the BG2 dialogue style very well, and carried with it the advantage of involving a character you may already have bonded with in the previous game.

The ToB section was a travesty which seemed to pretend the entire SoA part had never happened, and the only thing that can be said to its credit was that it showed, right at the end, how well actions could have worked, had they only been used.

#14 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

well said.

I think all the ToB romances were.. disjointed. An unfortunate side effect of not having the same writing staff and having too little time to do it, so I've heard.

I think the Jaheira romance enhanced the game (and the game encompassed Jaheira's romance) the best. Too bad it was also one of the buggiest, but I digress.

hmm.. and now I'm wondering who you're referring to about the wild alignment swings? Vico's? :D

(my favorite is Viconia.. I have a preference for the fiery ones B) )

it showed, right at the end, how well actions could have worked, had they only been used.

okay, I'm not up on the caffiene quota or something - what are you talking about?

#15 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:00 AM

When you're deciding whether to become a god or not, Jaheira believes you will. Now, its been a couple of years, but IIRC it describes her looking sad, then kissing you on the cheek before turning away.

#16 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:34 AM

When you're deciding whether to become a god or not, Jaheira believes you will. Now, its been a couple of years, but IIRC it describes her looking sad, then kissing you on the cheek before turning away.

And I finally can tell her, "I love you." at that time. She surprised and replying she loves PC, too. It's so hard to make her to do this kind of thing.

#17 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:19 PM

I haven't really tried out many of the romances. I almost always go with Viconia. Anomen and Aerie are just plain repulsive and have never been in my party, more or less part of a romance.

I was planning on trying Jaheira's next, but I often find myself tempted to cast some form of perpetual power word to shut her up. Then again, I find this to be true in reality as well...

Am I incorrect in thinking that I would have to endure her sarcasm and bitching gracefully to advance the romance?

#18 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:05 PM

hmm. well, to that I can only say that I hated her in BG1 but learned to really appreciate her in BG2.

#19 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:38 AM

hmm. well, to that I can only say that I hated her in BG1 but learned to really appreciate her in BG2.

A good sign, at least...Hopefully with my rise to goddom she'll finally recognize my omnipotence.

#20 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:46 PM

:huh:
you make a comment like that and you wonder why she's sarcastic and bitchy? :lol:

Well.. she's definitely got something to say that's worth thinking about if you really feel that way. ;)