Comments on "The Tangled Web"

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:57 AM

I welome comments and questions of all sorts.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#2 Grey Acumen

Grey Acumen

Hunter of the Doomed

• 2047 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:01 AM

Is this the beginning of the story, and it just picks up in the middle of the adventure, or are their previous chapters written?

It looks pretty good so far, I was a little confused though, did Tiax get thrown into the cell instead of Anomen, or does Anomen now think he's Tiax?
Improved Beastmaster ---------- [Complete!]
Mime Bardic Kit ------------------- [Complete!]
Rebalanced Use Any Item HLA -- [Complete!]
Improved Wizard Slayer --------- [Complete!]
Stormsinger Ultimate Elemental Bardic Kit [75%]

Find out what else is in store at Acumen's Assortment

#3 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:54 PM

I like it and understand that several intro-scenes are now beginning to meet each other. I love what Valen thought about Paladins and Kelseys' protests about the futility of using magic inside spellhold. It goes without saying that that soap-opera scene break is shouting for an immediate addition. <_<

yeah Tiax will rule them all. ^_^
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#4 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:14 PM

:) That was really good. Kelsey's a cool character, and Tiax is my favorite BG1 NPC. More! More! :P

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

Interesting. Will Valen switch sides. Where is Anomen. Will Tiax join the group. All this and more on the next episode of THE TANGLED WEB.

#6 Trinin

Trinin

Shinigami

• 1021 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

Oops. That was me.
My mother asked me why I always wear black. I told her because it's the color of my soul~Trinin

Some say good always wins others say evil does. But the truth is I always win~Trinin

Some say fighting is wrong, I say you only say that because you all ways lost.~Trinin

#7 The Masked Marionette

The Masked Marionette
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:15 AM

Truly intriguing! I enjoyed reading that a lot.

I think your characterizations are great and your writing is excellent too! ^_^
The final curtain will fall...

#8 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:44 AM

It looks pretty good so far, I was a little confused though, did Tiax get thrown into the cell instead of Anomen, or does Anomen now think he's Tiax?

Patience, Grasshopper. All will be revealed! ^_^

Is this the beginning of the story, and it just picks up in the middle of the adventure, or are their previous chapters written?

Actually, it is just a part of the adventure that got stuck in my head. I always thought Spellhold should be elaborated on and this is just a version of events, and possible events, that sort of grew out of my curiosity.

It goes without saying that that soap-opera scene break is shouting for an immediate addition.

I think they call that Suspense! (Actually, I'm posting between homework session! :lol: )

Interesting. Will Valen switch sides. Where is Anomen. Will Tiax join the group. All this and more on the next episode of THE TANGLED WEB.

I'm getting there!

Truly intriguing! I enjoyed reading that a lot.

I think your characterizations are great and your writing is excellent too!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really happy that you are enjoying it!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#9 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:38 PM

It got me giggling that Tiax got switched with Anomen, and the argument that Kai had with Kelsey...magically deviant indeed. I can see that Valen has a relatively intricate role in the story. I have not played with the mod, but it is always neat to see the complicated plots of the subordinates against their masters :D Looking forward to see the next installment!

#10 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

:) That next chapter was good, Jolyth. I liked it! I found what Anomen had said about Nalia not being a foreigner especially funny. But I'm just wondering, how do you pronounce Kaiane? Keep up the good work :D !

#11 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:16 PM

A story as beautiful as its author. I look forward to the next installment.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#12 Grey Acumen

Grey Acumen

Hunter of the Doomed

• 2047 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:32 PM

I like it, it balances out the dark and brooding stuff with the humerous and light stuff, and vica-versa.
Improved Beastmaster ---------- [Complete!]
Mime Bardic Kit ------------------- [Complete!]
Rebalanced Use Any Item HLA -- [Complete!]
Improved Wizard Slayer --------- [Complete!]
Stormsinger Ultimate Elemental Bardic Kit [75%]

Find out what else is in store at Acumen's Assortment

#13 Fiona

Fiona
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:05 AM

Hmmm. Cool! Now if Trinin where awake he'd say this Will Anomen live or die? ANomen not acting like a complete jerk *gasp* dobtful? WIll yoshi find a way to join back up with the good guys. All this and more on the next episode of THE TANGLED WEB!
Trinin is mine. So back off bitch!!

Saturday nights the night for fighting.

Women are smarter than men it's a fact.

#14 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 04:56 AM

Good luck for your midterms!!

I like the next part. Anomen is less annoying than I can remember him. Is Kaiane romancing Kelsey in this story? They have a 'special' way to talk to each other. Or is it just the other teammates are erm different?

I wonder how this is gonna end or if it is just a cat-and-mouse game for Bodhi.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#15 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:22 AM

Good luck for your midterms!!

Thanks! I'll be happy when they are over!

I like the next part. Anomen is less annoying than I can remember him. Is Kaiane romancing Kelsey in this story?

Actually, at this point, I have no idea who Kaiane is romancing. She hasn't told me yet. :lol:

They have a 'special' way to talk to each other.

Yeah, makes them seem like they are married, huh? :D

I wonder how this is gonna end or if it is just a cat-and-mouse game for Bodhi.

I have an ending in mind. I have already written one segment that leads to the end, but I have four more segments before it gets there! There are two, maybe three more interesting twists in the story. I do hope those reading it will enjoy them!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#16 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:15 AM

If it weren?t for you, I would not be here!

Gsus, girls are always trouble. Even thousand years of studying doesn't let a man wisen up. :) I guess giving in is the only way to get rid of it. (OW)

Nice twist. Fasten your seatbelts we are passing through heavy weather.

Free your mind

#17 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:01 PM

Gsus, girls are always trouble. Even thousand years of studying doesn't let a man wisen up.

Bite Me! :P :lol:

There is an old saying I believe you might have heard:

Hell hath no fury...

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#18 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:07 PM

Now I do thanks to you and google. :)

Hell...

Ok, carry on please.

EDIT: ...and I saw you actually went ahead and did it and there was much rejoicing!!!

If it was for me Anomen could be slapped silly in every chapter. :D

Edited by jester, 31 March 2004 - 11:25 AM.

Free your mind

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

OH MY! :o :o Intrigue all around it seems. That was... unexpected. What's happening to Jaheira, is she dominated? A dobbelgänger wouldn't have Jaheira's druidic powers would it? I really don't believe Jaheira of all people would turn traitor, and I really hope she survives this spectacle...

Right, I'm gonna be fangirlish and ask, nay beg that you update soon!

#20 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:28 AM

Well, thank you very much! Glad you are enjoying it and I do hope to continue updating as the characters tell me what the hell they are doing! :lol:

As for Jaheira, well, I have no idea. The images come and I write them down. I'm sure she'll let me know soon. Right now, Bodhi and Jon are screaming at me so I'd best go see what they want! ;)

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif