Comments on "The Tangled Web"

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:38 AM

For some reason, I thought this was a finished story. So I printed it out and...ARGH!!! Where is the rest?

I find it very refreshing that in a story that features both, Anomen and Kelsey, Anomen is not doomed to be solely the sandbag for Kelsey's witticism.

I would be one of those people who like and admire Jaheira, by the way.

Do continue this, please? You cannot leave us now, with Irenicus catching up, Jaheira dead, and freedom almost at grasp, can you? ;)

Bey

#42 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:41 AM

Yes, Jolyth... I must agree with Bey! You're not going to leave us hanging, are you?!?!? :lol:

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#43 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:58 AM

Thank you both so much! I am really happy that you are enjoying it! :D

No, I am not going to leave you hanging. I intend to write more today, but I must first get out another Love Talk for the Branwen NPC Romance while it is rattling around in my head.

Rest assured that I will not leave this undone for long and I will get another interesting segment up this week!

Now the question is...Where do I end this? Seems the characters have a lot to say lately! :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#44 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:44 PM

The plot and intrigue thickens... you're glad I'm enjoying it, Jolyth?! I'm loving it! The never-endless tangled web spins ever on... not that that makes much sense, but oh well. B)
Keep it up, Jolyth! It's great to see a new installment! ^_^

#45 Thrain

Thrain
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:19 AM

*claps*

a magnificent discovery on my return to the boards :)

jolyth, i'm really enjoying this. i haven't played Valen myself, but i love the way Irenicus and Valen are twisting Yoshimo because of the geas and his feelings respectively. whether Valen persuaded Yoshimo out of good intentions or her own feelings (although the latest installment does seem to answer that) interests me greatly.

i wonder whether you're going to stick to canon and have Yoshi killed off somehow.........

keep it up, great story.

#46 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 04:12 AM

The plot and intrigue thickens... you're glad I'm enjoying it, Jolyth?! I'm loving it! The never-endless tangled web spins ever on... not that that makes much sense, but oh well.  Keep it up, Jolyth! It's great to see a new installment! 

:wub: Thanks so much! As for the plot thickening, tell me about it! Sometimes it's a bit difficult to keep track of myself, but it seems to be working. *sigh* I don't know what I'm going to do when this is done! Maybe... :zzz: or :drunk:

*claps*
a magnificent discovery on my return to the boards
jolyth, i'm really enjoying this. i haven't played Valen myself, but i love the way Irenicus and Valen are twisting Yoshimo because of the geas and his feelings respectively. whether Valen persuaded Yoshimo out of good intentions or her own feelings (although the latest installment does seem to answer that) interests me greatly.

Actually, I haven't played Valen either! Just something told me she was an intricate part of the story. I would like to say that I have a grasp on her character, but I'm not so sure. This is how she seems to me though.

i wonder whether you're going to stick to canon and have Yoshi killed off somehow.........

*Assumes politician stance* I can neither confirm nor deny the truth of Yoshimo's death but I can tell you that we will do everything in our power to get to the end of this! *End politician stance*
:P

keep it up, great story.

Thank you so much. I will try!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#47 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:18 PM

Wow. Just wow. This must've been the best read I had in weeks (and that means something) ^_^

Absolutely excellent work, can't wait to read more of it :)

崇高滑稽
·

#48 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:30 PM

I finally got to read all of this.

Interesting & very tangled indeed.

And the next installment will be up . . . ? Soon?

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#49 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:34 AM

I definately hope so ;)

I can barely wait.

崇高滑稽
·

#50 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

New chapter is absolutely marvellous. I love it :thumb:

崇高滑稽
·

#51 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:30 AM

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you are ready for another one as I should have it out this afternoon! :thumb:

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#52 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

You are making me very happy :)

崇高滑稽
·

#53 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:06 AM

You are making me very happy :)

Happy to oblige! Read away!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#54 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:54 AM

Typo: Sprit Troll
Grammar: The vampire shot the cleric shared a look before nodding her agreement

Else than that - awesome read as always :thumb:

崇高滑稽
·

#55 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:57 AM

Typo: Sprit Troll
Grammar: The vampire shot the cleric shared a look before nodding her agreement

Else than that - awesome read as always :thumb:

Thank ya kindly. I look at it so much that I miss some things.

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#56 Thrain

Thrain
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:53 AM

i would say you should go on holiday more often, but then youd keep us waiting more so long live inspiration!

loved the latest chapters jol, almost trembling with anticipation

#57 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

Ah... Jolyth... a masterpiece in itself as always, the latest chapter!! (Yeah, I think the grammar of that compliment's wrong as well. *shrug*) Are you going to leave us hanging again?!?!? Cruel, cruel, cruel... :) :lol:

#58 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:32 AM

i would say you should go on holiday more often, but then youd keep us waiting more so long live inspiration!

I'm up for another cruise! :drunk: Wanna go?

Ah... Jolyth... a masterpiece in itself as always, the latest chapter!! (Yeah, I think the grammar of that compliment's wrong as well. *shrug*) Are you going to leave us hanging again?!?!? Cruel, cruel, cruel...

*Blush* Thank you very much! @Hanging: I'm working on it! I'm still reeling from writing two segments in such a short time frame! :lol: Let me see, Branwen, School, FF. Yes, I believe that will be the order of business today!

See ya soon!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#59 psiclops

psiclops

Where we go from here is ^2u.

• 330 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:43 AM

I've already PM'd this to Jolyth, and she said I was welcome to post this kind of feedback here. It might be useful for other writers to read this kind of feedback, and if I get the guts to post something, it's the kind I would want. So here's the message minus some PM specific stuff...

I've started reading "The Tangled Web" and I'm really enjoying it, so I hope to get all the way through. Your writing is very good. A real pleasure to read; very engaging and realistic so far.

I notice that the feedback on your story has all been of the 'congratulations' type, and you hadn't had any 'editing type stuff', so can I ask if you want this sort of reader feedback? I'm guessing you do as a writer, if only to read some writing haha!

I just want to point out the only things that jumped out at me during an otherwise flawless flow in my opinion.

You have a beautiful turn of phrase. :D

(I won't use actual quote boxes because then it's too hard to compare).

Shaking her head in response, Valen moved toward her mistress with the confidence of one who has been long in her employer?s service. Holding out the tray, she offered Bodhi a drink. The vampire accepted and after taking a long sip of the steaming liquid, she glanced over at Valen.

"Quite tasty, my pet. Who is it?"

- IMO the stuff in red needs changing, but the last two sentences can get a bit more punchy too. 'In response' is redundant, but also boring. Regarding 'her' - it's better to appeal to a gender neutral audience for images of a confident stride. "The vampire accepted..." seemed a bit stressed to me in the original, and can be read as Valen glancing at herself. I'll show you what I mean:

Shaking her head, Valen moved toward her mistress with the confidence of one who has been long in their employer?s service. Holding out the tray, she offered the vampire a drink. After taking a long sip of the steaming liquid, Bodhi glanced back at Valen.

"Quite tasty, my pet. Who is it?"

One more example:

"I certainly hope you weren?t stupid enough to drain him completely. I may still have need of him."

Ignoring the scathing remark, Valen placed Jon?s glass on the desk.

I don't think this is scathing. I dunno - seems too harsh a word, better to save it for an insult that isn't qualified with hope I think. It also implies Valen would 'give a ****' so to speak. I think it's best to pass over her reaction. Water off a duck's back could read like this:

"I certainly hope you weren?t stupid enough to drain him completely. I may still have need of him."

Ignoring the needless remark, Valen placed Jon?s glass on the desk.

Good luck if it's not finished and keep up the writing. You keep in character very, very well.

<EDIT> Valen is glancing at herself if she already has a drink, or at a big stretch, drinks out of Bodhi's glass! (Hahaha, yeah right! And I know she's not likely to have her own drink while serving Bodhi so no stating the obvious please). <EDIT>

Edited by psiclops, 30 August 2004 - 05:52 AM.

Too interesting to be described in three words - Watch me 1-up Einstein.

The Darkish Day - Tome of Wisdom (+3). Armageddon XIII. ©Alltime - GOD.

Western - LEO (Leo Aspect (Cnjt)). Eastern - Dragon (Element - Fire). Acronymizing UPD8!!!!!!.

Fravia ... || || || ... "Some sections of this lore will remain closed to you until you develop your egoistical searcher's Heijoshin into a more capable ethical seekers' Fudoshin" - © 3rd Millennium: [fravia+], all rights reserved. (APC - 3 Libras). Go6gle.

#60 Jolyth

Jolyth

• 2016 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:04 AM

Excellent points psiclops and I thank you very much for submitting them! If you see anything else, plese do not hesitate to speak up. I like my writing as close to perfect as possible and I can't do that without help! :thumb:

Cheers!

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif