Photo

Any bugs you want fixed?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Spideyknight

Spideyknight
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 09:33 PM

Is anything immune to timestop? With Pen's resistances he should tear a lich up pretty bad. I sent him against Kangaax and he got him to near death in his demi-lich form by himself.

#22 -Assassin-

-Assassin-

Posted 10 November 2002 - 09:40 AM

Is anything immune to timestop? With Pen's resistances he should tear a lich up pretty bad. I sent him against Kangaax and he got him to near death in his demi-lich form by himself.

Hrm... Never tried against the Demi-Lich, but it says, in the description, that he should be immune to Time Stop.

Also, can he survive an Imprisonment? He's immune to Magic, according to his description, but maybe that's just a by-product of his 100% Magic Resistance. And Liches can also cast Death Spell -_-;;

#23 -Culain Mainframe-

-Culain Mainframe-

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:23 PM

Well, I don't know about any bugs, but TOB flirting sounds good. Now Forgotten wars has released the Bioware flirt packs, I gonna play the game once again(well, when the Viconia one is out). But what my point is, those flirtpacks also have NPC-intiated flirts. Why not make a few for Tashia?

#24 Spideyknight

Spideyknight
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 08:17 PM

He's immune to imprisionment. Like I said I sent him against Kangaxx, imprision king. Pen tore through his first form and got his second form to near death, then he was close to death and I moved in the troops. :D

#25 Rassadihn

Rassadihn

Eater of Avatars

• 80 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 05:30 AM

I'd be fine with actually making Penalien immune to Time Stop (he isn't
currently; yes, I tried against a Lich),

I know, fixing this bug bugged the hell out of me, pun intended. Would somebody *please* explain how to make something immune to Time Stop? I tried hoisting over Demogorgon's effect (listed as `unknown' by Near Infinity) instead of the `immune to Time Stop' effect he already had (which *doesn't work*), but no such luck. I'm loathe to to a piece-by-piece copy of Demo just to see what does the trick, especially since I haven't yet fought him and do not wish to know all of his stats.

and increasing his hit points slightly. Maybe from 20 to 25-30 or something?  I mean, he dies so easily that I don't even bother using him...

The trick is that Peani is highly resistant to physical damage, but not totally immune. He has his weaknesses, so some tactical considerations apply. He *is* totally immune to magic, though, which is very very handy, and I recently fixed his movement rate to match that of *real* panthers and his claws to do proper damage instead of this weird Spirit Snake nonsense, so he can actually hit back realistically.

If only I could get the Time Stop immunity right, he'd be perfect. His low hit points should not be fixed, IMO; this is too powerful. If you use him properly, he's already the most powerful figurine in the game, the designated lich slayer. Peani should be useful backup, not your seventh party member.

#26 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 09:00 AM

Maybe take a look at Solaufein; he also gets Immunity to Timestop at some point in the game (don't remember exactly when).

#27 Mael

Mael
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 03:29 PM

I imagine the "Focus" spell in Ascension would have the same affect, you could take a look and see how that does it.
This way? That way? Which way?

#28 Culain Mainframe

Culain Mainframe
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 01:18 AM

Now that Tashia has a new host, the site can be updated and it sais this:

Nov. 21 Feel free to edit Tashia
2.05c It seems that some people wish to edit Tashia in one way or another but don't want to invade the author's rights or whatnot. Well, don't worry about it. I haven't had any time lately to do pretty much anything with the mod, but others may want to and I think they should be allowed to. If you're one of those people, feel free to modify Tashia mod in any way you see fit and release your own updates and patches. Just send me the links to your works of art and I'll happily post them here.

So, are there people who gonna produce updates/patches?

#29 Rassadihn

Rassadihn

Eater of Avatars

• 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 04:33 AM

Maybe take a look at Solaufein; he also gets Immunity to Timestop at some point in the game (don't remember exactly when).

I imagine the "Focus" spell in Ascension would have the same affect, you could take a look and see how that does it.

Thanks for the pointers; I'll look into it.

So, are there people who gonna produce updates/patches?

I already did, and sent my fixes to Arian, who's free to do with them as he wishes.

I adamantly refuse to put such things on a separate page, though. This sounds like a good recipe for annoying the hell out of people. "Updates" (or other kinds of modifications) are another matter altogether, but bugfixes belong in the main package.

If Arian doesn't have the time, that's fine; he's free to appoint someone to maintain it. A free-for-all is a Bad Idea, though.

#30 -AG3-

-AG3-

Posted 22 November 2002 - 06:58 AM

After ressurection Tashia, she will never walk more than a few steps, then she stops. The same thing happens to Jaheira. After reading some of the topics in this forum, I assumed that they got stuck trying to start a conversation (I am romancing Tashia). Kicking Jaheira out of the party solved the problem, although I haven't tried to recruit her again, so I don't know if the problem will appear again. I am using v2.05c and Weimer ease-of-use mod. I also used the Imoen romance mod, but uninstalled it without that solving the problem.

#31 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 22 November 2002 - 08:24 AM

You installed the multiromance portion of Ease of Use. Remove it.

#32 AG3

AG3
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 05:54 PM

No, the multi-romance is one of the patches in the ease-of-use that I haven't installed. It is possible that the Imoen Romance mod created a similar effect, though, since I have noticed that the Imoen mod doesn't seem to end the other romances the way they should. That is, the <NPC>romanceactive isn't set to 3 like it does in the normal romances, when I romance Imoen. They stay at 1. Maybe it's not necessary in that mod, but it creates problems for Tashia?

Although Imoen Romance is supposed to be fully compatible with Tashia Mod (and even have a few specific dialogues for it) I have encountered a few bugs after rescuing Imoen from Spellhold. Instead of saying the usual things, only the "its good to see ya all again" conversation pops up. O well. I kicked out Jaheira, and since the Imoen Romance doesn't continue in TOB (yet) it shouldn't be any problem picking her up again from the fate spirit. If that is the cause.

#33 AG3

AG3
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 05:58 PM

Uh, what's a "Zillalet"?

#34 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 22 November 2002 - 08:15 PM

The rank titles on Studios are all nonsense variants of "zilla."

#35 El Diablo

El Diablo
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 10:30 AM

Just encountered a VERY STRANGE BUG
i just reinstalled bg2 ToB, ToB patches, Dungeon be gone, Hell trials rivisted,Bioware Flirts,Tashia in this order
now first of all she is suddenly named ah wait let me show you
and also this screen shows what i see instead of hearing sounds from the voiceset
weird bug image
any idea what it is

#36 Gorrister

Gorrister

Doesn't matter anyway...

• 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 05:19 PM

You can get this with Kelsey too by uninstalling and reinstalling mods in different order (well, that's how I get the funny text like what was in your picture).

You can talk to Tashia and tell her she looks funny. Usually that will fix it and sometimes it won't. But something I've learned, I install Tashia first of all the WeiDU mods and I never have any trouble with her. B)
Ssshh! Quiet! You smell that?

#37 El Diablo

El Diablo
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 06:27 AM

So THAT'S what that line is for
tnx Gorrister

#38 Rassadihn

Rassadihn

Eater of Avatars

• 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 07:24 AM

Fixed Peani's absence of Time Stop immunity; it turned out that his original effect was correct... except for one bit that was 0 when it should have been 1. :-) Whee! This fixes the last of Peani's bugs (said the overconfident man, and was eaten by a giant-sized one). Chucked it off to Arian, in case he hasn't noticed/fixed it himself.

#39 Culain Mainframe

Culain Mainframe
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 08:52 AM

Now there are a lot of bugs fixed, when can we expect a new version??