• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 01:56 AM

What is the difference between the i.e. BMinsc file and the MinscJ file? At the moment I am coding this way

CHAIN
IF ~Global("KidoquestionMinsc","LOCALS",0)
InParty("Minsc")
See("Minsc")
!StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN BKIDO mayIwrite
~Minsc, you are the first ranger I?ve ever met that has such a powerful and smart animal companion!~
DO ~SetGlobal("KidoquestionMinsc","LOCALS",1)~
== BMINSC
~It is true. Boo is a great companion!~
== BKIDO
~I can understand that. Would you object if I would write a song for you and Boo?~
== BMINSC
~See Boo already bards tell of our great deeds! We are truly famous heroes! (squeak, squeak) Boo and I will be glad to be in one of your songs.~
== BKIDO
~I will start working on it as soon as [CHARNAME] will give us a breather!~
EXIT

But I wander if this is wrong and perhaps all Bminsc should be replaced with Minscj. I started to wander this as in one tutorial the use the j files and the other the b files and I can't really find the difference. Except off course there are different coding lines.

And what does the 25 mean behind i.e. BKeldo25? That it is ToB and only active in ToB?

And I found in a tutorial that the used the line

InParty("Imoen2")
See("Imoen2")

Shouldn't this just be Imoen?

Thank you for anyone answering these, perhaps stupid, questions

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:30 AM

What is the difference between the i.e. BMinsc file and the MinscJ file

BMINSC = used when script does Interact("Minsc")
MINSCJ = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he is in party
MINSCP = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he isn not in party, but has been in
MINSC = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he was never in party, nor is.

BMINSC = banters with other NPCS, excluding Player1
MINSCJ = Interjections with non-party guys and Player1 (E.G. the tree of life gut check)
MISCP = "you have booted me. Should I stay here, join back or ...?" remember that join back needs the JoinParty() action
MINSC = "Hi my name is Minsc..." + 2nd and more meeting without joining ever

If your chain is a banter between Party Members, use BMINSC; otherwise, use MINSCJ

XXX25 = suffix meaning ToB and ToB-only. See Sola's script (I don't remember wich one) wich does Chapter8-->SetDialogue: this will enable you to do all of the dialogues SoA + ToB alltogether, but, alas, not SoA or ToB - only.

IMOEN2: Imoen is the Chateau Irenicus one, IMOEN2 is the usual one, post-Spellhold.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:36 AM

Many thanks

And another question I thought of (sorry if I am overflowing with questions here)

CHAIN
IF ~Global("Songfinished","LOCALS",0)
InParty("Minsc")
See("Minsc")
!StateCheck("KidoquestionMinsc","LOCALS",1)
!StateCheck("Minscimpatience","LOCALS",1)
!StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN BKIDO greatsong
~Minsc, it is finished!~
DO ~SetGlobal("Songfinished","LOCALS",1)~
== BMINSC
~Boo, our song is finished! (squeak, squeak!) Boo says he would love to hear it now~
== BKIDO
~If you would allow me [CHARNAME]?~
== PLAYER1 ~IF (Player1,GOOD)~ THEN
~Of course Kido, go ahead.~
== PLAYER1 ~IF (Player1,NEUTRAL)~ THEN
~We actually don?t have time for this.~
== PLAYER1 ~IF (Player1,EVIL)~ THEN
~No way! I do not want to hear one of your songs!~
== BKIDO
~Fine!~

a: Do these checks work?
b: Even if they do I would rather have the player choose himself. Can I just script this like the start dialogue? Like:

== PLAYER1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Of course Kido, go ahead.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~We actually don't have time for this.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No way! I do not want to hear one of your songs!~
== BKIDO
~Fine!~

Or does this programming fail?

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#4 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:02 AM

!StateCheck("KidoquestionMinsc","LOCALS",1)
  !StateCheck("Minscimpatience","LOCALS",1)

You would want to use Global rather than StateCheck (the only valid options for StateCheck come from state.ids).

== PLAYER1
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Of course Kido, go ahead.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~We actually don't have time for this.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No way! I do not want to hear one of your songs!~
== BKIDO
~Fine!~

Or does this programming fail?

== BKIDO
~If you would allow me [CHARNAME]?~
END
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Of course Kido, go ahead.~ GOTO something
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~We actually don't have time for this.~ GOTO somethingelse
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No way! I do not want to hear one of your songs!~ GOTO somethingelse2

#5 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:43 AM

Thank you very much

#6 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:02 AM

Question A: One more question. Kido worships Cyric and that is why I want Keldorn to object to Kido's joining and even leave the party (forever(?)).

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
SAY ~I'm Kido! An extraordinary musician and fond worshipper of the God Cyric! I must say you seem like a nice person, would you like me to join you on your travels?~
!StateCheck(InParty,"Keldorn")~ BKELDOR
~This man obvious prays to an evil god, if he will join the group, I must warn you that I will leave your party.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That sounds like a grand plan!~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()
!StateCheck(InParty,"Keldorn")~ THEN
Exit()
DestroySelf()~
EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Cyric? Isn't that an evil god? I think I rather want to stop this conversation.~ GOTO AbruptEnd
END

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:24 AM

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
  SAY ~I'm Kido! An extraordinary musician and fond worshipper of the God Cyric! I must say you seem like a nice person, would you like me to join you on your travels?~
~This man obvious prays to an evil god, if he will join the group, I must warn you that I will leave your party.~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~That sounds like a grand plan!~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()
Exit()
DestroySelf()~
EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Cyric? Isn't that an evil god? I think I rather want to stop this conversation.~ GOTO AbruptEnd
END

This won't work at all. In SAY, you cannot use specific triggers and/or multiple talkers.
IF ~FirstTimeTalkedTo()~ THEN BEGIN greet //if you use ~~ as a trigger, it wont' be the initial sate of the conversation
IF %InParty("Keldorn")% THEN EXTERN KELDORJ nokido  // I use %% or "" to save typing but it would be ~ if you read it better; Since there is no REPLY action, it will override the REPLY-ed ones
IF "" THEN REPLY  "Get In!" GOTO great 
IF "" THEN  REPLY "bla"  GOTO illwaithere
END

//great state: SAY "great, I'm in!" 
// IF "" THEN DO "Join Party, whatever" EXIT END

// Ill wait here: SAY "I'll wait here..." IF "" THEN EXIT END

APPEND KELDOJ
IF "" THEN BEGIN nokido
SAY "He is evil! Me or him!!!"
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kido" DO "LeaveParty() DestroySelf()" EXTERN kido great
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kellie" EXTERN kido illwaithere
END END // double since APPENDing

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#8 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

I actually wanted something like this for my NPC. I wanted him to leave forever if booted, but I was putting EscapeArea(). It did not work. He still just stands there, but at least he "has nothing to say to you". Maybe this would work better.

By the way, if I put a DestroySelf() in the vamping portion, will I be able to bring my NPC back? If I ReallyForceSpell(RESURRECT),"TSUJATH") will that bring him back as he was upon death? Ought I to put Tsujatha(death) somewhere instead of DestroySelf()?

Thanks!

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#9 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:24 PM

What is the difference between the i.e. BMinsc file and the MinscJ file

BMINSC = used when script does Interact("Minsc")
MINSCJ = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he is in party
MINSCP = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he isn not in party, but has been in
MINSC = used whe script does StartDialogueNoSet("minsc") and he was never in party, nor is.

BMINSC = banters with other NPCS, excluding Player1
MINSCJ = Interjections with non-party guys and Player1 (E.G. the tree of life gut check)
MISCP = "you have booted me. Should I stay here, join back or ...?" remember that join back needs the JoinParty() action
MINSC = "Hi my name is Minsc..." + 2nd and more meeting without joining ever

If your chain is a banter between Party Members, use BMINSC; otherwise, use MINSCJ

XXX25 = suffix meaning ToB and ToB-only. See Sola's script (I don't remember wich one) wich does Chapter8-->SetDialogue: this will enable you to do all of the dialogues SoA + ToB alltogether, but, alas, not SoA or ToB - only.

IMOEN2: Imoen is the Chateau Irenicus one, IMOEN2 is the usual one, post-Spellhold.

Because Imoen has no B file in SoA, does that mean when I chain with my NPC, I have to put StartDialogNoSet instead of Interact? Or can I avoid it altogether, like this?

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("Imoen")
See("Imoen")
!StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING)
Global("ImoenTsujathaTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BTSUJAT TSJ_ImmyWho
~What is it, Imoen? You have been wanting to speak for the past quarter of an hour.~
DO ~SetGlobal("ImoenTsujathaTalk","LOCALS",1)~
== IMOEN2J
~So, who are you?~

Thanks again!

Sillara

Check out my RPG forum!

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:02 AM

DestroySelf does not kill you.
Vamping: DropInventory; DestroySelf
De-Vamping: CreateCreature(blabla) ActionOverride(creature,startdialoguenoset(Player1)). See SolaVamp.d, solaamb.d (I think these two are the right dialogues) and the script cleanse.baf in the SolaRom directory for examples.

Imoen:
//put in weidu before any chains containing it, since chains won't begin new dialogues)
BEGIN Bimoen2
//My dialogue, usually in chain form.

Then: you need to correct the interact.2da file to give her talking abilities.
Or simply use StartDialogueNoSet, but people usually do the 1st.
Use advanced TP2 actions, do not copy you corrected 2da file since you will kill completely all Modded NPC. I cannot give you how-to's since I am 0% proficient with TP2.

#11 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:11 AM

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
JoinParty()
Exit()
DestroySelf()~
EXIT
END

This won't work at all. In SAY, you cannot use specific triggers and/or multiple talkers.
IF ~FirstTimeTalkedTo()~ THEN BEGIN greet //if you use ~~ as a trigger, it wont' be the initial sate of the conversation
IF %InParty("Keldorn")% THEN EXTERN KELDORJ nokido  // I use %% or "" to save typing but it would be ~ if you read it better; Since there is no REPLY action, it will override the REPLY-ed ones
IF "" THEN REPLY  "Get In!" GOTO great 
IF "" THEN  REPLY "bla"  GOTO illwaithere
END

//great state: SAY "great, I'm in!" 
// IF "" THEN DO "Join Party, whatever" EXIT END

// Ill wait here: SAY "I'll wait here..." IF "" THEN EXIT END

APPEND KELDOJ
IF "" THEN BEGIN nokido
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kido" DO "LeaveParty() DestroySelf()" EXTERN kido great
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kellie" EXTERN kido illwaithere
END END // double since APPENDing

Sorry but your loosing me here.

One of the problems is that greet isn't the initial part. I cut that out because I didn't think you needed it. let me post it in a new reply

#12 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:16 AM

BEGIN JoinKido

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Well Hello! Don't you just love that Biff the Understudy? He is my favourite actor! I could watch him perform all day!~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You mean that guy who forgot his lines all the time? He ruined the play!~ GOTO Disagree
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Indeed he made the play at least a bit enjoyable!~ GOTO Agree
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Everybody is allowed his own opinion. May I ask you who you are?~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You must be crazy. No doubt about that! Please keep your distance.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Disagree
SAY ~What ever do you mean? I mean the whole play was obviously boring. He just made it more alive! And I applaud his efforts!~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Hmm, perhaps you are correct. It was rather dull upon itself.~ GOTO Agree
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well I am not an expert. May I ask who you are anyway?~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm afraid I can't agree. To be honest I had enough of this conversation.~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Agree
SAY ~Ah finally a soul that feels the same way I do. Would you like to know who I am?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I do not think that our minds are exactly the same, but I do take you up on you offer to tell about yourself.~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I would very much like to know that.~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~To be honest, no.~ GOTO Disappointed
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Disappointed
SAY ~That would be such a shame as we seem to be like minded. Are you sure you wouldn't want to get to know me?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Well okay, it probably wouldn't cause me any harm.~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes I am sure. I want to stop this conversation!~ GOTO GoAway
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~Well don't worry. I wouldn't want to continue this conversation with you anyway. It is obvious, that you are devoid of any good sense for humour.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN AbruptEnd
SAY ~Well that is a shame, a real shame. If you ever chance your mind, do come back!~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

1) Should the Appending of KELDOJ file be in a seperate file? or in the KidoJ file (I called it JoinKido (sorry perhaps confusing)).

I want Keldorn to give a warning (like he does if you side with bodhi) and if you decide to take Kido that he just walks away (preferably back to the Order of the Most Radiant Heart).

2) And in normal chains (between Kido and Mazzy) can you do the check

== BKIDO
~bla bla~
!StateCheck(InParty,"Nalia") THEN BNALIA
~bla bla~
== BMAZZY
~bla bla~

To let her butt in if she is in the party or must that also be done by appending her J File?

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:27 AM

Sorry saw something I didn't read well enough maybe. The banter between Kido and the Player should also be in KidoJ?

By the way thanks for answering all these questions "the bigg" really appreciate it ;)

#14 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 01:48 AM

1) Well, if greet isn't the 1st state, then of course no conditions.
2) If you want Keldorn to simply walk to the OotMRH have him leaveparty and go to the right area (copy/paste from the section of the KELDOP dialogue, in the trigger "go to the OotMRH!")
3) the check for Nalia is OK, simply use the == before the new talker, and remember that forgetting the THEN in CHAINs kills WeiDU.
== BNALIA IF ~InParty("nalia")~ THEN "Hey, give money to the poor!"
4) I prefer using a single .d file for this reason: Symbolic labels (I.E: .dlg use raw numbers, while, inside the same .d, you can use names, as Greet).
5) the banter with Player1 = ?
If it means before joining (like the posted one), it goes in KIDO. if it is a joined one (= in hell, E.G.), you should use KIDOJ instead of BKIDO.

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

IF ~InParty("Keldorn")~ THEN EXTERN KELDORJ nokido
IF "" THEN REPLY  "Get In!" GOTO great
IF "" THEN  REPLY "bla"  GOTO illwaithere
END

SAY ~Great, I'm in~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Good~ DO "Join Party, whatever" EXIT END

SAY ~I'll wait here..."~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Indeed~ EXIT END

APPEND KELDOJ
IF "" THEN BEGIN nokido
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kido" DO "LeaveParty() DestroySelf() *or here the exit state of KeldoP file* " EXTERN kidoJ great
IF "" THEN REPLY "Kellie" EXTERN kidoJ illwaithere
END END

Question 1: So if I understood you right I should program it like this "the bigg"?

And should the APPEND of KELDOJ be written in the KIDOJ file? or in BKIDO

Question 2: The interjections between for example kido and xzar they should be in the BKIDO file right? (just want to check)

Thanks this will probably be my last question for a while. Music files are finished, BKIDO is finished, KIDOJ is finished accept for keldorn leaving the party if kido joins. Still need .tp2 and .bcs and attachting this to the .cre file.

#16 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:00 AM

1)

SAY ~Great, I'm in~
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Good~ DO "Join Party, whatever" EXIT END

SAY ~I'll wait here..."~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Indeed~ EXIT END

These are states, so remember to use IF "" THEN BEGIN (whatever) ecc ecc.
the Appending of Keldorn should be done in the same .d file as the art of dialogue written. (It should be used in both KIDO and KIDOP files.)
Something similar for KELDO and KELDOP: I.E. when you have one and ask the second to join, you'll have to choose.

IF "" THEN REPLY "Kido" DO "LeaveParty() DestroySelf() *or here the exit state of KeldoP file* " EXTERN kidoJ great

Avoid the DO actions, do something like this: EXTERN kido great; kido great state will have 2 triggers: the top one with the true condition (the one already written), the second (IF in party KELDO) will DO the same actions but will also EXTERN to the KELDO's leaving state.
Try seeing Valen's dialogues for some example (there isn' choiche, only Valen will go away if with LG characters. Still, it's an example.)

2) The interjection goes in KIDOJ since Xzar isn't a joinable character. It was in BG1, but it doesn't matter anyhow.