Kit Anomen Beta Released

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:37 AM

I thought of this a few days a go and suggested it as part of the Cleric Remix mod, but today I decided that I doesn't really fit Remix's remit. I figured I'd package it up on its own and put it out there. I've released it as a beta because it has not been that thoroughly tested. Also, I haven't checked out compatibilty with other mods. However, it is so small I honestly don't expect there to be any problems (unless another mod gives Anomen a kit).

The readme:

Kit Anomen
A Gibberlings Three Mod
Version 0.2.0 (BETA)
Author: Idobek (idobek@yahoo.co.uk)

The idea is simple. Anomen will gain the cleric of Helm kit on passing his knighthood test or, alternatively, gain the berserker kit on failing his knighthood test.

If you have summoned Anomen from the Fate Spirit, and he is of either the knight or chaotic neutral persuasions, then you can give him the kit he would have gained in SoA by clicking on his portrait and hitting K. This will only have an effect once.

If you disagree with Anomen gaining one of these kits then don't worry, they can be installed separately. If you disagree with both then don't install this mod at all.

You can download it here: Idobek's Infinity Engine Mods

Comments are welcome and encouraged, please use "this" thread at the Gibberlings Three forum. I really want people to try this so I can get it out of beta.

Edited by Idobek, 02 April 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#2 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

A nice idea Idobek - but shouldn't this thread go into the Completed Mods list?
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#3 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:52 AM

Not really. It being beta (hence incomplete) and a Gibberlings Three mod being two good reasons. :P

EDIT: Grim can be annoying when he picks up on every little typo can't he. :D

Edited by Idobek, 03 April 2004 - 04:01 AM.

#4 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 03:52 AM

Gibbiberlings Three you say? Does Cam run that one as well? :D
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:44 AM

Not really. It being beta (hence incomplete)

The Silver Star NPC mod is in beta too, yet it is in the completed mods gallery at least 1.5 years ago. :huh:
Posted Image

#6 SixOfSpades

SixOfSpades
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:31 PM

You know, LennonCook and I were discussing this very idea over at Ironworks a few months back, and I'm glad to see it come to fruition. But we had two other little tweaks as well:

1) Anomen's starting equipment also includes the Delryn Family Helmet, an heirloom that's been handed down for 400-odd years (original owner named Hittorin de'Elrynn). It's nothing spectacular, it just sets the user's DEX to 15 while worn (effectively granting Anomen -1 bonuses to AC and ranged THAC0) and casts Phantom Blade once or twice a day.

2) If Anomen refuses to obey Cor's order to kill Saerk, Cor has an extra line of dialogue: In addition to kicking Anomen out, he also disowns him and confiscates his Helm and Shield (even if you've had the Shield Weimerized). The items can be recovered either by killing Cor (good luck keeping Anomen in the party if you try that), or waiting until Cor's death--in which case the party learns that Cor was wearing the gear when he was killed, and you get sent to Inspector Brega, who in turn directs you to a guard in the Prison.

Thoughts?

#7 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:17 PM

If we put aside the new helm (frankly, is it necessary to add another NPC specific item to him?), your additions are nice SixOfSpades.
Posted Image

#8 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:18 AM

Kit Anomen has now be absorbed by the NPC Kit Pack. It includes SixOfSpades' suggestion (made at PPG) that CN Anomen not get a Holy Symbol.

The above suggestions, however, they are currently outside the scope of the mod.

#9 SixOfSpades

SixOfSpades
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:37 PM

Kit Anomen has now be absorbed by the NPC Kit Pack. It includes SixOfSpades' suggestion (made at PPG) that CN Anomen not get a Holy Symbol.

The above suggestions, however, they are currently outside the scope of the mod.

No cookie for the CN: Goody!

Outside the scope of the mod: Well, at least you thought/are thinking about it. :)

#10 MagusWizardo

MagusWizardo

Don't ask... please don't ask.

• 201 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:03 AM

You know, LennonCook and I were discussing this very idea over at Ironworks a few months back, and I'm glad to see it come to fruition. But we had two other little tweaks as well:

1) Anomen's starting equipment also includes the Delryn Family Helmet, an heirloom that's been handed down for 400-odd years (original owner named Hittorin de'Elrynn). It's nothing spectacular, it just sets the user's DEX to 15 while worn (effectively granting Anomen -1 bonuses to AC and ranged THAC0) and casts Phantom Blade once or twice a day.

2) If Anomen refuses to obey Cor's order to kill Saerk, Cor has an extra line of dialogue: In addition to kicking Anomen out, he also disowns him and confiscates his Helm and Shield (even if you've had the Shield Weimerized). The items can be recovered either by killing Cor (good luck keeping Anomen in the party if you try that), or waiting until Cor's death--in which case the party learns that Cor was wearing the gear when he was killed, and you get sent to Inspector Brega, who in turn directs you to a guard in the Prison.

Thoughts?

1) Is in the NPC-Tweak mod (and has been since v1), complete with the item and description you emailed me, several months ago. :)

2) Is *kindof* in it... I haven't added any dialogue to Cor, but maybe I should - the way I do it now is kindof clunky... Anomen's items refuse to respond to him. I also haven't checked for the Weimerized shield, but I'll make this a point of reference for the next version. I also haven't put in the chance to get them back... but again, maybe I should... it would work better then what I have now, and fit in a bit more with the original game.

#11 SixOfSpades

SixOfSpades
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

1) Is in the NPC-Tweak mod (and has been since v1), complete with the item and description you emailed me, several months ago. :)

Oh, sure, make me look like an absentminded fool who runs around tossing off ideas and never checks back to see if any of his suggestions are actually impemented. Hey, wait a minute..... :rolleyes: