• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

B) Wow! This is awesome!! I'm hooked. Love the characters and the way you've transported them into a Western feel! Keep going, please!!

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#22 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

B) Wow! This is awesome!! I'm hooked. Love the characters and the way you've transported them into a Western feel! Keep going, please!!

Thank you, Shadowhawke.. :D It is one of my favorite little alternate universes to write about. And, there will be more of our Bad Day crew after the conclusion to this initial one.

Glad you like it! :D

MG

#23 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 11:49 PM

Oh, yes. I really, REALLY love it now. You did a really great job with this final part! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Reading about that trial made me SO angry... could not help to feel that shooting is too easy let-off for Jonny and Ployer, GRRR!

I am very proud of Theo (err, hopefully he didn't need too many reloads to shoot Jonny!). I hope he will do a good job in lifting Jaheira's spirits... :) Will we see some snippets of his budding romance with Jae in some later stories? *looks excited* :D

Once again, wonderful tale, MG! :P

#24 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:34 PM

Oh, yes. I really, REALLY love it now. You did a really great job with this final part!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Reading about that trial made me SO angry... could not help to feel that shooting is too easy let-off for Jonny and Ployer, GRRR!

I am very proud of Theo (err, hopefully he didn't need too many reloads to shoot Jonny!). I hope he will do a good job in lifting Jaheira's spirits...  :) Will we see some snippets of his budding romance with Jae in some later stories? *looks excited*  :D

Once again, wonderful tale, MG!  :P

Awww..... gosh, Theo.. We don't have a 'blush' smiley here... But if we did, I'd have put a couple in here.. ;) Thank you... I am so glad you enjoyed the 'finale' here of our introduction to the cast and crew of Bad Day.

As for the trial, I would definitely agree that shooting was too good for the bad guys.. But flaying would have added another five pages. :lol: Rest assured they got what was comin' to 'em.. ;)

And Theo was wonderful. He was able to put aside his personal feelings during the trial and do his duty. And, with the Equalizer, he only needed one shot. But someone needs to tell him NOT to try that with a regular shotgun. :D And, he will, indeed do a wonderful job of lifting Jah's spirits, as will she for him. :lol: l: :o Snippets? Of course!! As time goes on, we will see all sorts of little stories about the 'residents' of Bad Day -- I haven't even scratched the surface yet!! ;)

And thanks, Theo.. :D Btw, has VH seen your avatar signature??? LOL LOL

MG

#25 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

*clapps* very good tale. any new one with this crew will be welcome by me.
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#26 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 03:27 PM

*clapps* very good tale. any new one with this crew will be welcome by me.

*takes a bow* Thanky, thanky... :D Very happy your enjoyed my little 'oater' here.. And the crew will return. Afterall, we have to find out how Miss Immy became a schoolmarm, how Korgan and Mazzy got together in the first place, how Miss Viccy became the town's 'Madam' -- gosh! There's just all sorts of dusty trails to travel! And, we have to find out what all those 'dreams' were that PC had.... Hmmmm...... I think we're talking several sequels and a few prequels.. :D

Thanks again, thecursed.. Oh, btw.. I see you recently changed the symbol on your forehead in your avatar.. hmmm.... want to divulge the significance of it?? :D

MG

#27 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:27 PM

And thanks, Theo.. :D Btw, has VH seen your avatar signature??? LOL LOL

:D No, I don't think so... otherwise, I would surely have heard some comment coming from him! :lol: :lol:

#28 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:50 AM

Oh, the last part.

I like it; it brings resolution to this storyline, while keeping the door open for other stories. I also like how you used elements of BG without just making it a retelling of the same story in another setting.

And the ending almost made me want to check how far I can get into the game without using reload... ;)
"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#29 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

Oh, the last part.

I like it; it brings resolution to this storyline, while keeping the door open for other stories. I also like how you used elements of BG without just making it a retelling of the same story in another setting.

And the ending almost made me want to check how far I can get into the game without using reload... ;)

Thank you, JPS! :D I am very happy that you liked my little take on the American 'oater' meets Faerun's BGII. It has been, and hopefully continue to be, a fun little experiment.

As for 'reload', no PC can 'live' without it.. :P :P .

Thanks again! :D

MG

#30 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:33 AM

Thanks again, thecursed.. Oh, btw.. I see you recently changed the symbol on your forehead in your avatar.. hmmm.... want to divulge the significance of it?? :D
MG

if you are familiar with the war game warhammer 4OK, its the symbol for the eldar craft world Saim-Hann.
it is the cosmique serpent, according to the eldar, the only creature to both exist in the material and psychic unviverses. it is said that he knows all there that was and is to be.
the eldar rune signifies both "serpent" and "secret knowledge".
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#31 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

Oh my! That's heavy stuff, and yes, I know I'm fishing for the "Understatement of the week" right now.

?Presumed innocence? is certainly a good concept or idea. Unfortunately it opens the path to treat the victims like they were guilty. I would like to start a rant about rape or attempted rape cases but I won?t or I will burst the file space limit!

I love the scene when Paris comes to again. :D

The soup, the banter, Theo and Jaheira, Valygar pursing his lips and the confession that they spent PC?s money... Wonderful! *sigh* :lol:

And so many stories in the AU of Bad Day still to be written... I?m happy. :D

Bey

#32 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

Wow! I love this last installment! I also agree with Bey... I love that part where Paris wakes up, and then the confession... :D

More stories of Bad Day to come?! :D :) ^_^

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#33 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:53 PM

Thanks again, thecursed..   Oh, btw..  I see you recently changed the symbol on your forehead in your avatar..  hmmm....  want to divulge the significance of it??   :D
MG

if you are familiar with the war game warhammer 4OK, its the symbol for the eldar craft world Saim-Hann.
it is the cosmique serpent, according to the eldar, the only creature to both exist in the material and psychic unviverses. it is said that he knows all there that was and is to be.
the eldar rune signifies both "serpent" and "secret knowledge".

I must admit I am not familiar with that game, thecursed, but the symbol is fascinating. It reminds me of an arcane astrological symbol I saw a very long time ago. And thinking of that added with your avatar signature of "star gazer," I thought there might be a connection. ;) ;)

Whatever the source, it looks terrific, by the way.. ;) :D

MG

Edited by MorningGlory, 03 May 2004 - 06:54 PM.

#34 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:11 PM

Oh my!  That's heavy stuff, and yes, I know I'm fishing for the "Understatement of the week" right now. 

Yep, well you got it.. The Understatement of the Week Award.. :P :P

?Presumed innocence? is certainly a good concept or idea.  Unfortunately it opens the path to treat the victims like they were guilty.  I would like to start a rant about rape or attempted rape cases but I won?t or I will burst the file space limit!

Treating victims as if they were the guilty party is slowly changing. But not fast enough. :angry: As for bursting the file limits, you know rants are always welcome.. ;)

I love the scene when Paris comes to again.  :D 

The soup, the banter, Theo and Jaheira, Valygar pursing his lips and the confession that they spent PC?s money... Wonderful!  *sigh*  :lol:

I thought that was ironic, also. :D You can't take it with you when you die, and PC's friends used his to resurrect him. LOL That'll teach him to give up 'Reload' for a few minutes! :P :P But on the serious side, he's found a 'home'. And I found a wealth of new material for a short story from time to time. ;)

And so many stories in the AU of Bad Day still to be written...  I?m happy.  :D

Yeah, I know... You're just waiting for that story about VMan that I promised you.. ;) ;) And, lots more, too.. :D

Thanks, Bey, for the kind words. Always 'preciated, ma'am.. ;)

MG

#35 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:14 PM

Wow! I love this last installment! I also agree with Bey... I love that part where Paris wakes up, and then the confession... :D

More stories of Bad Day to come?! :D :) ^_^

A team of wild horses couldn't keep me away from future little snippets of life in and around Bad Day.. :D :D So many avenues to explore.. ;)

And thank you, Miss Shadow, for your very kind words. Always appreciated! ;)

MG

#36 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:55 AM

?Presumed innocence? is certainly a good concept or idea.  Unfortunately it opens the path to treat the victims like they were guilty.  I would like to start a rant about rape or attempted rape cases but I won?t or I will burst the file space limit!

Treating victims as if they were the guilty party is slowly changing. But not fast enough. :angry: As for bursting the file limits, you know rants are always welcome.. ;)

That's dangerous.... Once I'm in rant-mode I come very close to a device that only exists in theory.... PERPETUUM MOBILE ;)

And so many stories in the AU of Bad Day still to be written...  I?m happy.  :D

Yeah, I know... You're just waiting for that story about VMan that I promised you.. ;) ;) And, lots more, too.. :D

Ah, that's not true! I want all the other stories as well. :D ;)

Bey

#37 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:43 AM

The soup, the banter, Theo and Jaheira, Valygar pursing his lips and the confession that they spent PC?s money... Wonderful!  *sigh*  :lol:

That's my favorite part as well... makes you feel all sweet and fuzzy, especially after everything that went on before that... it was a much, much needed scene... :wub:

#38 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

That's my favorite part as well... makes you feel all sweet and fuzzy, especially after everything that went on before that... it was a much, much needed scene... :wub:

I heard this rumor, Theo, that you already WERE sweet and fuzzy.. :rolleyes: :P That was you, wasn't it??? :P :P

EDIT: Oh, I forgot... Elves can't be 'fuzzy'... :P Guess I was thinking of someone else. ;)

Edited by MorningGlory, 04 May 2004 - 10:43 AM.

#39 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:24 AM

I heard this rumor, Theo, that you already WERE sweet and fuzzy.. :rolleyes: :P That was you, wasn't it??? :P :P

EDIT: Oh, I forgot... Elves can't be 'fuzzy'... :P Guess I was thinking of someone else. ;)

Ah, but Theo can still be fuzzy in a figurative sense! :lol:

(Best bet would be to ask Jah about it, really... ;)) :D

#40 -Thrain-

-Thrain-

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:46 AM

i not be registered, but i've been reading the forgotten wars fanfic for a long time.

seriously loved the way you mixed genre effectively. and yes, the 'warm and fuzzy' was a nice end.

Paris and the whorehouse mistress would be a welcome story :)