24 replies to this topic

#21 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:12 PM

exactly

#22 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:00 PM

actially they're all being ruled by a chicken...an imortal chicken that summons more to kill you if you hit it too muich....wait that's another game....

a luch isn't appropriate here though. Nore are undead. Grnolls wouldn't go near the place otherwise.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 -McH-

-McH-

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:12 AM

a lich isn't appropriate here though. Nore are undead. Gnolls wouldn't go near the place otherwise.

well.. the entranace is blocked, so the Gnolls dont know what there is inside, Only when you get the quest you get the Key/Item/Ward that will unlock the Enterance, and since it is locked for many years till now, Undead is the most suitable for this Dungeon..

And its dont have to be a lich.. it can be a wraith such as the one in Ulcaster

But thats my opinion anyway :rolleyes:

#24 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:31 AM

Undeads have the nice side effect that they do not need much maintenance. An old buddy from Ulcaster could have moved in many years before the gnolls took over that stronghold. Since the entrance was blocked, the gnolls took hold of the accessible areas (prob the next level too) and left the rest to the undead which they blocked effectively making contact by collapsing the stairways.
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#25 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:18 AM

Undeads have the nice side effect that they do not need much maintenance. An old buddy from Ulcaster could have moved in many years before the gnolls took over that stronghold. Since the entrance was blocked, the gnolls took hold of the accessible areas (prob the next level too) and left the rest to the undead which they blocked effectively making contact by collapsing the stairways.

Everything you say here is perfectly logical. Unfortunately, 'being logical' and 'being fun to play' aren't the same thing, IMO. I personally prefer a strong story element to quests and that would be tough to introduce to this kind of setting. And creating a challenging series of combats with the wretched BG1 Undead would be even more difficult. Of course, if the scenario is written for tutu, you'd also have BG2 Undead available but that call for very nice judgements on how tough to make the battles for the large range of possible party levels that might attempt it.

This explains why I'm against a basic lair of trapped Undead. No story and a high probability of fights that are either boringly simple and repetitive or impossibly difficult. And no fun at all.
Ready. Fire. Aim.