Photo

Comments on "Mind Games"

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Rusalka

Rusalka
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

Ah, my dear MG, you know how fond I am of this gem. And I know how much you like posting it bit by bit for maximum suspense. You are a master tha fan fiction genre. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. :D
A day wouldn't be complete without a Knight.

#2 -BobTokyo-

-BobTokyo-

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:49 AM

Nicely done "serious" fan-fic with enough humor to fit in with the setting. I like the adventuring psychologist; well done. :)

#3 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:58 PM

Ah, my dear MG, you know how fond I am of this gem. And I know how much you like posting it bit by bit for maximum suspense. You are a master tha fan fiction genre. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  :D

Thank you, Ru! :D You know, this story has been at the mercy of so many 'fates' it seems... More than what are portrayed within it! :P But we will have an 'accelerated' posting frenzy here for benefit of those who did not read it before. Don't want to go springing the last chapter on the unsuspecting, you know.. ;) ;)

And, at last count, the reading public was just about evenly divided between Hendak and AL.... ;) ;)

MG

#4 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:02 PM

Nicely done "serious" fan-fic with enough humor to fit in with the setting. I like the adventuring psychologist; well done. :)

Thank you, BobT! :) As for Doc Glory, she's just an ordinary person to whom extraordinary things happen. And even that is something of an understatement! :D

More coming up... Stay tuned! (And I hope we will soon be seeing some more of your offerings??)

MG

#5 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

More coming up... Stay tuned! (And I hope we will soon be seeing some more of your offerings??)

MG

"Bad Guards Bad Guards, Whatchya-gonna-do"

;)

Hopefully soon.

#6 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

More coming up...  Stay tuned!  (And I hope we will soon be seeing some more of your offerings??)

MG

"Bad Guards Bad Guards, Whatchya-gonna-do"

;)

Hopefully soon.

"Whatchya-gonna-do when they come for you..." ;)

Would "Pretty please" spur you on? ;) It was most enjoyable and so very well written... Looking forward to more! :D

And, do you have anything lurking from the BG family as well? Inquiring minds want to know.. :D (Inquiring minds are just downright nosey, too... ;) )

MG

#7 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

[quote name='MorningGlory' date='Apr 18 2004, 03:14 AM'] [QUOTE=BobTokyo,Apr 17 2004, 08:07 PM"Bad Guards Bad Guards, Whatchya-gonna-do"

;)

Hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

Would "Pretty please" spur you on? ;) It was most enjoyable and so very well written... Looking forward to more! :D

And, do you have anything lurking from the BG family as well? Inquiring minds want to know.. :D (Inquiring minds are just downright nosey, too... ;) )

MG [/quote]
The Guards story is my first attempt at a BG2 fan-fic, other than a very short slash I did a few years back. Life in Athkathla from the City Guards point of view. Why are they carrying scrolls? How does anybody do any business in the city with all of those bandits everywhere? What the heck are the Cowled Wizards palying at? All this and more... ;)

Myself, I'm looking forward to reading more of the adventures of Doc Glory Against the Illithids. :)

#8 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

[quote name='BobTokyo' date='Apr 17 2004, 08:26 PM'] [quote name='MorningGlory' date='Apr 18 2004, 03:14 AM'] [QUOTE=BobTokyo,Apr 17 2004, 08:07 PM"Bad Guards Bad Guards, Whatchya-gonna-do"

;)

Hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

MG [/QUOTE]
The Guards story is my first attempt at a BG2 fan-fic, other than a very short slash I did a few years back. Life in Athkathla from the City Guards point of view. Why are they carrying scrolls? How does anybody do any business in the city with all of those bandits everywhere? What the heck are the Cowled Wizards palying at? All this and more... ;)

Myself, I'm looking forward to reading more of the adventures of Doc Glory Against the Illithids. :) [/quote]
The illithids will be the LEAST of Doc Glory's problems.... ;) ;)

I'll make a deal with you.. ;)

I'll promise to quickly post Chapter II in a couple of days, if you promise to dust off that BG piece and post it..

Is it a deal? :P :D *nudge* *nudge*

#9 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:34 AM

The Jewel returns. :D

B.

#10 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:10 PM

getting interesting...
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#11 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

getting interesting...

Thanks, thecursed... ;) I'll throw up another one for you in a sec.. ;) I am on an 'accelerated' sched, and it's 'bout time! :D

It gets 'juicier'... ;) ;)

MG

#12 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hi!
Not many of you know me, but no matter. I've been lurking around the old forum for a few months, and then was away for three weeks, to find the old forum's been merged with this one.
But I did read something of particular interest at the last forum, and that was Mind Games. And I never got to read the ending!!! I was completely addicted... I sat reading for hours!! And then when I finally got to the 'end' of the page, you had left it hanging and unfinished!! Please!! More!! This is great!! :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#13 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:19 AM

Hi!
Not many of you know me, but no matter. I've been lurking around the old forum for a few months, and then was away for three weeks, to find the old forum's been merged with this one.
But I did read something of particular interest at the last forum, and that was Mind Games. And I never got to read the ending!!! I was completely addicted... I sat reading for hours!! And then when I finally got to the 'end' of the page, you had left it hanging and unfinished!! Please!! More!! This is great!! :)

welcome to the fan club...you should have been here months ago when mg revealed this awesome gem...the sequel to the "angst and analyst" when we first met the distinguished dr. glory...and of course the infamous wedding, when boo got loose, and we found out about anomen's father...

but really, mind games sucks you into the story in the first sentence, and you are helpless to resist...

must have more mind games...must have more mind games...

^_^ ^_^ ^_^
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#14 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:42 AM

Hi!

Hi, Shadowhawke! :D

First, let me thank you for reposting your fanfic, and I will open a thread and comment on that there.. ;)

Well, you realize you are no stranger any longer! Not here and not now, anyway! :D Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! :D

Mind Games still lives! And as you may have read in my introduction, this is on a slightly accelerated schedule -- plus there has been some minor editing along the way. Nothing to change the story, but some (what I call) housekeeping chores to provide clarity, better flow, etc., in some of the rough spots. ;)

But there really is an ending -- a last chapter that is in great part the introduction for the next story. That is why I am keeping such close tabs on it and it remains securely locked up in my vault. :D :D But it WILL be posted. Just as soon as I can get everyone here caught up, I promise.

But thank you! It is really heartwarming to know that my little story has been well-received and enjoyed by many. And, more is to come! :D :D

MG

#15 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 04:52 AM

welcome to the fan club...you should have been here months ago when mg revealed this awesome gem...the sequel to the "angst and analyst" when we first met the distinguished dr. glory...and of course the infamous wedding, when boo got loose, and we found out about anomen's father...

but really, mind games sucks you into the story in the first sentence, and you are helpless to resist...

must have more mind games...must have more mind games...

^_^  ^_^  ^_^

Aw, UU..... It's times like these that I miss that little 'kissy' smilie we use to have... I couldn't write a comment to you without using at least a dozen of them! :D :D

Thank you, sweet friend, as always, for your very generous words of praise. You know they are all very, very much appreciated! And more Mind Games there will be. Must get everyone caught up so we can spring the last chapter! :D :o :o

MG

#16 Kirwond

Kirwond
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

(*is waiting very, very patiently for that last chapter*)

(*has been very, very good, and should be rewarded soon*)

B)

What's with Chapter 5? It seems a bit shorter than I remember it. (*wonders what the post length limit is*)

#17 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:23 AM

(*is waiting very, very patiently for that last chapter*)

(*has been very, very good, and should be rewarded soon*)

B)

What's with Chapter 5? It seems a bit shorter than I remember it. (*wonders what the post length limit is*)

Probably wouldn't hurt if I went and took a look, huh... :huh: It's not one of the longer ones, but I was having a problem earlier..

Thanks, Kirwond! Trying to get it all caught up and in a hurry so I can post the last one.. Soon, and you have, indeed, been VERY good! :P :P

MG

Edit: Thank you, Kirwond! Something happened earlier, but all fixed now.. Wouldn't want the girls to miss out on the preliminary introduction to AL... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by MorningGlory, 28 April 2004 - 09:35 AM.

#18 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:04 AM

nice inside on the illithids. did you make that up or researched?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#19 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:54 PM

nice inside on the illithids. did you make that up or researched?

Aw...thanks! Actually I researched it. I have a wonderful TSR entitled "The Illithiad" that was the basis of what is contained in the descriptions of the creatures and their 'culture'. Er... really gruesome little book, too. ;) I also used some of the adaptations of the game itself. For example, the 'collars' are not a part of the 'official' Illithid lore, but appear in the game as a means to complete the quest in the Underdark.

The various items and descriptions you have read about (and will read about) are mostly from the TSR. For the most part, 99.9% of Nigel's recollections are based on the TSR, although the voyeur sequence is not part of the lore, but a logical extrapolation of their need to enjoy 'physic' energy. ;)

The actual plot (as it unfolds, and I don't want to say too much so I don't give anything away) is entirely my own, but is based on the canon aspects of their drive for domination of Toril. The results from the Doctors' research is also a product of my imagination and a bit of hypothetical biochemistry remembered from school.

In short, it's all a hodgepodge. :lol: :lol: More soon. Very soon... ;)

MG

#20 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

:D Thankyou for the warm welcome, MG!! And, at UUF prompting, I immediately read the Angst and the Analyst. :P
And have decided that I am forever part of your fan club!!! ;)
Please, write more!! The suspense is killing us!!!
Also, many thanks on commenting on my own story :)
But please, keep going with Mind Games!!! As Kirwond has mentioned... we've been very, very good!! :lol:

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain