Photo

Comments on "Mind Games"

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:46 PM

:D Thankyou for the warm welcome, MG!! And, at UUF prompting, I immediately read the Angst and the Analyst.  :P
And have decided that I am forever part of your fan club!!!  ;)
Please, write more!! The suspense is killing us!!!
Also, many thanks on commenting on my own story  :)
But please, keep going with Mind Games!!! As Kirwond has mentioned... we've been very, very good!!  :lol:

You are very welcome, Shadowhawke! It is very nice to have you here.. ;)

I am sooo glad you enjoyed A&A. It's the first of four stories in the 'Dr. MorningGlory' series. Mind Games is the second. Immediately following the conclusion will follow the third, working title "Mortal Dilemma."

Not likely I will stop with the series until it is all posted up with a nice neat bow around it, and the readers are going "Awwww........." LOL (Or, "That really sucked..." LOL LOL)

Thank you, Shadow, for your very kind words. :) Stay tuned... More to come!

MG

Edited by MorningGlory, 03 May 2004 - 09:43 PM.

#22 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

You are very welcome, Shadowhawk! It is very nice to have you here.. ;)

I am sooo glad you enjoyed A&A. It's the first of four stories in the 'Dr. MorningGlory' series. Mind Games is the second. Immediately following the conclusion will follow the third, working title "Mortal Dilemma."

Not likely I will stop with the series until it is all posted up with a nice neat bow around it, and the readers are going "Awwww........." LOL (Or, "That really sucked..." LOL LOL)

Thank you, Shadow, for your very kind words. :) Stay tuned... More to come!

MG

That really sucked?!?!?! What are you talking about MG?!? :lol:
As if ANY of us would even DREAM to say that! :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#23 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:50 AM

You are very welcome, Shadowhawk!  It is very nice to have you here..  ;) 

I am sooo glad you enjoyed A&A.  It's the first of four stories in the 'Dr. MorningGlory' series.  Mind Games is the second.  Immediately following the conclusion will follow the third, working title "Mortal Dilemma." 

Not likely I will stop with the series until it is all posted up with a nice neat bow around it, and the readers are going "Awwww........."  LOL  (Or, "That really sucked..."  LOL LOL)

Thank you, Shadow, for your very kind words.  :)  Stay tuned...  More to come!

MG

That really sucked?!?!?! What are you talking about MG?!? :lol:
As if ANY of us would even DREAM to say that! :)

Thanks, Shadow, but no one is immune to putting out a 'stinker' every once in a while. And while one might enjoy a particular story, another person might not. It's all in the eye of the beholder. ;)

#24 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

Well, in the eyes of this beholder, I've gotta say I don't ever believe that I'll say that... :lol:
Also like this new installment. So the lessons commence... ^_^

#25 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:31 AM

Well, in the eyes of this beholder, I've gotta say I don't ever believe that I'll say that... :lol:
Also like this new installment. So the lessons commence... ^_^

Awww... thank you, Shadowhawke... Lessons start and we get to see the expert teach the novice.. Think she'll make a good student?? ;) ;) More up today! :D

MG

#26 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:11 PM

Ah yes!! The first lesson comes in!!
I always loved this part ^_^

#27 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:18 AM

i like it as well. i'm starting to wonder if the stiffness of those paladins of the order is something else than just discipline! :P
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#28 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:41 AM

Ah yes!! The first lesson comes in!!
I always loved this part ^_^

Thanks, Shadowhawke! One of my favorite parts, also.. ;) A bit of dancing around each other, so to speak, for our Doctor and the Assassin... ;) I wonder who's really leading whom in this little mental minuet?? ;) ;)

Much more coming up! :D

MG

#29 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:54 AM

i like it as well. i'm starting to wonder if the stiffness of those paladins of the order is something else than just discipline! :P

Thanks, thecursed... Someone once asked me if the Radiant Heart's detect evil monitors were out of order, seeing that the illithid were almost right under them.. :lol: :lol: Thanks for reading, and glad you are enjoying my little intrigue.. :D

MG

#30 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

bring on the rest! 'cause i won't get any waiting like this
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"

#31 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

bring on the rest! 'cause i won't get any waiting like this

I am! I am! :P :P sorry, thecursed, I'm not intentionally trying to make you suffer.. well, maybe a little.. :P :P

I will take that as an affirmative that you like the story? Watch out for all the twists and turns... You never know where you might end up! :D :D

MG

#32 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:00 PM

i do like the story. the fact that there will be twists can only increase my interests.
btw, from what i've read in this thread, the story is already complete right?
if so, thanks for posting one chapter at a time. had the whole thing been posted at once, i think many (including me) would have been pushed away by the length.
but you already knew that... <_<

Thanks, the cursed.. Yes, a few twists as well as it continues to unfold up to and including the last chapter. And, yes, the story is already finished, complete, etc. It was published on the old FWP, except for the last chapter. And, as others can tell you who have read all of but the last chapter (chapter 15), they're not any closer to knowing how it the story is resolved anymore than something who has only read through chapter ten.. ;) ;)

And, yes, it actually is the size of a small book. ;) Chapter X is up and even before you ask, the illithid's outpost is an adaptation containing canon elements of the foodstocks (yucketh) and the 'brainmate', also. Also, the 'bio-agent' is based on the canon illithid disease called 'ashen', a take-off on our own black plague, and caused by a microorganism.

So, enjoy! :D

MG

#33 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

but you already knew that... <_<

Heh, despite the obvious pain she's causing to all of us, she does have her reasons, namely the one you just mentioned! :D
We've been good, MG! :) You're going to give us another chapter soon, right?

You're right, Shadowhawke... And, I realize it is far more painful for those have read this before and waiting patiently for the conclusion.. I'm sorry... :( But the good news is that I've just posted Chapter X, and unless I rework Chapter XV into two separate chapters, we only have five more to go.. :D :D

And, thanks, Shadow.. :) I'll try to speed this up, but no guarantees.. ;)

MG

#34 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 02:54 AM

it will certainly give my some insights on the ilithids for next years' RPG. i'm the scenario "writer"

#35 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:40 AM

it will certainly give my some insights on the ilithids for next years' RPG. i'm the scenario "writer"

That sounds like fun, thecursed.. But as I mentioned, my story is a hodgepodge of both canon and my own supposition, so if you are required to use only canon, I would mightily suggest "The Illithiad" -- a great little goody that gives the DM all he needs to write any campaign including these beasties.. :P :P I found it on ebay, but if you need excerpts, let me know. ;)

MG

#36 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:36 PM

ok thanks. but i'll be creating a totaly new race of being. thats the point of this campaign. it'l be a strange breed. and somehow the ilithids should turn out to be allies. so i don't need to go into too much detail, but some is necessary.

#37 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

another good chapter. what with people and needles huh?
anyways, its a good break from the biology and other real sciences i'm studying for now. keep it up. ;)

#38 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:13 PM

another good chapter. what with people and needles huh?
anyways, its a good break from the biology and other real sciences i'm studying for now. keep it up. ;)

Don't you like my lesson in hypothetical biochemistry here??? :P :P I just thought it would be funny to show the all-powerful Shadowmaster afraid of a needle.. :lol: :lol: He's gotta have SOME fobias... ;) ;)

Thank you, thecursed.. More in a couple of days.. :D

MG

#39 The Leveler

The Leveler
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

I like the fact that you got you Illithid physiology correct.

#40 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:15 AM

I like the fact that you got you Illithid physiology correct.

Thank you, Leveler. I did try. :D Actually I tried to make it all 'believable' in context with illithid canon. They are ghastly beasties.. *shudder*

Only a few chapters more to go... :D

MG