Chloe in Sigil?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest with namers block-

-Guest with namers block-

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:59 AM

Or would the lady of pain maze her in a day?

What faction would she join... or if not join favor?
could she understand scramblespeak?
would she try and get beyond the city walls?
would she slay a few hard heads? Succumb to the many as one? Spend time in the Society of Sensation trying to find experimental young ladies?

#2 The Preacher

The Preacher
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

Mmm... I'd be my opinion that she wouldn't be allowed into Sigil in the first place because of the whole "divine heritage" thing.

#3 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:41 AM

Of course she would be allowed in, the rules the lady of pain has are

Priests fine :D
Temples fine :D
Proxys fine :D
GODs not a chance :o
(unless they are being served for dinner somehow, I wouldn't put it past cagers to try god flesh) :D

#4 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:44 AM

Well let's assume Akadia's taint isnt gonna hurt her standing with the fair lady...
I personally think she'd do well with the Trancendent order.... she seems to be a fair bit impulsive enough. AND it doesnt effect her in combat. Now think of what she would gain by doing what she does anyways.
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#5 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:59 AM

I know absolutely nothing about Planescape and Sigil so I'll just smile and nod. :)

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#6 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:01 AM

I know absolutely nothing about Planescape and Sigil so I'll just smile and nod. :)

Smart girl...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#7 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

hehehe it's a good place

#8 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:38 PM

Planescape = rox.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#9 The Preacher

The Preacher
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

Of course she would be allowed in, the rules the lady of pain has are

Priests fine :D
Temples fine :D
Proxys fine :D
GODs not a chance :o
(unless they are being served for dinner somehow, I wouldn't put it past cagers to try god flesh) :D And as a result of uber powerful bloods already in the Cage, I think that the restriction process has to do with the essence. I think that would apply to the Bhaalspawn as well.

On a side note, the ambitious Bhaalspawn would be Godsmen so they could ascend.

I disagree. She may not be a Power, but she certainly has a head start on the others. And if she has divine heritage, would that not make her a demi-god? In my campaign I would never allow a demi-god into the cage.

In ToB is there not a lot of talk of essence? If the Bhaalspawn have this essence, why would Chloe not have it?

I mean, the Lady is canny. I think she would stop Chloe in a heartbeat, cutter.

I think Chloe would be an Indep. Being very independant and not believing in good and evil kind of seems along the lines of a free thinker, she'd do well there.

However, the Athar might also be a good fit. I say this because she has a rather unique heritage and that might give her a somewhat different perspective.

#10 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:22 AM

A demi-god is the lowest form of god, but they are still gods, Chloe is a HALF-god, not a demi-god, as is the PC in Bg it's just that for the PC things were a bit more complicated due to the fact that Bhaal was 'dead' and planned to come back to life, so I feel that what he did was to purposefully place some of 'His' divinity in each of his children so that when they all killed each other and the rites were performed he would regain what he left behind, Chloe is just genetics no offense (ARRRRGH *body hits the ground* Swords cleaned off) but the Bhaalspawn are a part of a plan to rekindle the flames of Bhaals life and I think that to do that would need more then just inherated power

p.s.
please excuse any spelling errors and grammer I am currently recoverering from 6 pints, 3 glasses of wine and a shot of whisky

#11 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:30 AM

Actually, a half-god is a demigod too. Here's the definition:

demigod \Dem"i*god\, n. A half god, or an inferior deity; a fabulous hero, the offspring of a deity and a mortal. (Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary)

Therefore, Chloe qualifies as a demigod. Demi means half anyway.

I've never played Planescape so I can't judge whether she'd be allowed in or not. Technically the only benefit she receives from her divine heritage is a naturally high dexterity and an attunement to the plane of air (such as knowing a creature is from there or some such.) I don't see how that would be any different than the tieflings and aasimir and demons running around Sigil.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#12 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:54 PM

I don't think the lady of pain would care that much....I have a feeling though... the first time she tries and talks to a Dabura... she might get mazed after the frustration of deciphering there strange riddle word things...

#13 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:31 AM

I'm not going by the dictonary definition, but rather by the book 'On Hallowed Grounds' which is a planescape book on the gods of all the planes, races and so on, I mean it even has the dead gods in it, and I gather from it that a Demi god is in fact a full god, just a bloody weak one but it is still more powerful the then most mortal heros, I use the term half god for the mortal progeny of the gods because I think of them as being like half-elves, you wouldn't call a half elf an 'elf' or a demi-elf would you?

#14 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:43 AM

Besides if such was the case Proxys wouldn't be allowed, they are their gods right hand man after all, nor would Plantars or Solars, Solars especially, due to the fact that they are so powerful by mortal standards that they are one step away from being a god (if it is a solar of a greater power then they would theorticly become a lesser power)

Just in case you don't know the levels of gods

Demi-god... Weakest
Lesser power... Step up
Intermidiate power... Just as it says
Greater Power... Most powerful (technicly)

Unoffically the over power is the Uber god being the one who rules
E.g. Odin of the norse gods, Zeus of the greek pantheon and Ao of the forgotten realms.

Interesting note:
In the planescape world Odin is in fact a DEAD god, but the rest of the panteon believed so much in his infallibility that he came back to life. They don't even know that he died, (he died when he hung himself from the tree of life or world tree whichever it was (he did it for knowlege of life and death, appantly))

#15 -Dalis'ilhea-

-Dalis'ilhea-

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:46 AM

No I am not sitting here with the book open in front if me I just remember everything I read

#16 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:41 AM

isn't her whole reason for not letting gods in so they dont sway the position of Sigil? What would she stand to loose by letting Chloe in?
But if your right the lady isnt UNFALLABLE.... her mazes have been broken before
albeit rarely.... so uhhmmm just so this doesnt continue on it's pure path let us state the lady mazed her and she made it out in one piece out of sheer luck. The lady wouldnt hit the same target for the same reason

#17 Imrahil

Imrahil
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:43 PM

isn't her whole reason for not letting gods in so they dont sway the position of Sigil? What would she stand to loose by letting Chloe in?

Because Chloe might bluff her out of 3,000 gold pieces? :)

- Imrahil

#18 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

I don't think Proxies are allowed in Sigil either, with the exception of Fell, but the Fell/Aoskar/LoP thing makes little sense to me anyway.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#19 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:44 PM

I think Andyr is right. The Lady of Pain likes to BANZORS U 4EVAR!!!! if you happen to be a proxy or avatar.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#20 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

Because Chloe might bluff her out of 3,000 gold pieces? :)

- Imrahil

seriously man... that brought more than a smirk to my face!