Comments on "Cry of the Moon"

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:02 AM

Hi, Shadowhawke!

Welcome, welcome!! I am delighted you had a saved copy of "Cry," however, we do have access to unfinished stories as noted in the sticky posted top of the topics section of the fanfic here. If there is anything I can help with, please pm me.

In the meanwhile, I have a LOT of reading to catch up on, and from what I have read so far, I think I am gonna like this one a lot. ;) I'll get back with a bona-fide comment a little later.

In the meanwhile, no breaks.... keep writing! :D :D

MG

ps -- glad you're here... ;) ;)

#2 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

Thanks MG. For the warm welcome and everything else. I'm glad to be here too.
:lol: ;) :P ^_^ :)

Heh. Sorry, experimenting with the new smilies.

Anyway, yes, thankyou. I too, have a bit of reading to catch up with as well... the stories here are all new...

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

wow excellent story, I spent the whole night devouring most of the chapters last night and I got up this morning and finished the rest. heehee. no small feat me say. :) but the story is not at its end yet, i would love to see how it progresses, so write soon. :)

#4 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:13 PM

Thanks. I'll try to! If there's anything wrong with it, feel free to give me constructive criticism!! I know I need a lot of it.
Thank you very much for you compliments. :D And I shall indeed be continuing!!

#5 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:04 AM

weeee. *does a little dance*, new chapter. yay. ^_^ *runs to read*

#6 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:58 PM

oops, sorry, that post probably isn't too constructive or useful. :unsure:

actually, i'm curious why the pain caused by the vampires only affected the 4. Was it really only like what Dirk mentioned or there are more to come? I also want to find out more about these vampires and the reason why they are so damn powerful, that even an epic-level ex-bhaalspawn would have trouble with. :P

write more soon.

#7 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Heheh... not all posts have to be constructive. But it was useful in making me feel happy. :D

Anyway, the reason the pain only affects the four will be explained later on. ;)
I've also introduced this new kind of power called 'the Power' (such an original name... I know... I'm ashamed) and I will endeavour to explain this further later as well.
Thanks! I will post more soon! ^_^

#8 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:34 AM

yay, devoured the new chapter in mins. :) good chapter but I'm puzzled by "Imoen's sensitive hearing", i straight-away thought of elven ears and Immy doesn't have them. :P I'm probably missing something there. :lol:

Anyhow, like the fight scene. Btw, I'm curious what's Maria's relation with the vampire. Why does the vampire wants to turn her so much?

Hope to read more soon, shadowhawke. :)

#9 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:26 PM

Oh sorry. Imoen's sensitive hearing is due to her being a thief. Well, at least she used to be!

And yes there will be more...
Thanks! :lol:

#10 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:41 AM

Ahh, new chapter. :) You know I'm following the story, Shadowhawke. :D

a fair bit of jumping around in this chapter. :) And I'm still curious for answers. :lol: You're such a tease, I'm seeing only hints on the past between Maria and Atheriel.

As usual, I have questions. :)

why did Atheriel give her life? Only because she wanted to be immortal or there are more to it? What kind of vampire is Atheriel? What's the motive behind the attacks? Why did she want Maria so bad?

And i'm itching for some more romance between Dirk and elf. :P And more on Dirk's background will be nice and why were his family being hunted? Looking forward to more, Shadowhawke. :D

#11 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Celestine!
Yes, and by now, I've gathered you're following! :D Thanks so much!!!

Well, with the questions that you've posed, I guess that I've got to answer a few! :lol:

Well, Atheriel became a vampire not only because she wanted to be immortal, but also to betray and hurt Maria more... -_-

And there's gonna be more romance! Watch out for it! I'll post again soon!!!

#12 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:21 AM

omg, Jaheria's dead. *cry*

good battle chapter, now where did Aerie run to? She didn't just get cold feet again, did she?

Bhaal sounded like Dirk talking to Cyreth. Is that right? ^_^

#13 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:30 PM

good battle chapter, now where did Aerie run to? She didn't just get cold feet again, did she?

Bhaal sounded like Dirk talking to Cyreth. Is that right? ^_^

:( :( :( I know... ;)

Oh no... Aerie's become a braver avariel through various adventures with Cyreth. Certain things rub off, I guess. Including the irrationality and impetuousness... :lol:

Bhaal sounded like Dirk talking to Cyreth. Is that right?  ^_^

I've come to find that a lot of people.... men... talk to Cyreth and Imoen in the same way... [/chuckles] :lol:

#14 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:34 AM

I have only just started and have still to read from Chapter 3 and beyond. I just wanted to let you know, that I like this post ToB story and will try to catch up as quickly as possible. :)

#15 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:43 PM

Thankyou, Bey. :)

#16 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

awwww.. quality time together.. at last. ^_^ ^_^ Imoen is still as impish as ever and I thought she's a nice balance to the serious Cyreth. So what kind of background does Dirk come from? I remembered reading Silver wolf or something like that but I'm not familiar with the term altogether.

Another nice chapter, Shadowhawke. :)

#17 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:31 PM

awwww.. quality time together.. at last. ^_^ ^_^ Imoen is still as impish as ever and I thought she's a nice balance to the serious Cyreth. So what kind of background does Dirk come from? I remembered reading Silver wolf or something like that but I'm not familiar with the term altogether.

Another nice chapter, Shadowhawke. :)

Thankyou. And yes, quality time indeed... ^_^

Dirk's background is the mysterious legacy of the Star Wolves... who nobody knows about yet...

Thankyou! I shall keep writing. On the other forum, I promised UUF and Jolyth that I'd eventually tell them about the Star Wolves...
Eventually... :lol:

#18 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:54 AM

Sorry i haven't posted here so long...real life, beta testing committments, and of course writing my own stuff...and i just got over walking pneumonia...OY...

been rereading all the episodes too, to look at the style changes and writing changes you've made over time...heck...i can still remember the slightly disjointed way you used to write, back when you first started..its so much better, and i kinda think you've even welcomed the chance to make edits and changes...

we're still not at the point where i saw it on the old boards, but once again its proven to be engrossing and quite well done...and i'm glad to see you've kept the story very much alive...some of the combat scenes got major revisions, i think, and they seem to flow much better...and the mushy stuff is slightly more descriptive, i think, with a slightly more sense of lingering in the moment, if that makes sense...

Yay!!! good stuff!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ;) :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#19 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:18 PM

Sorry i haven't posted here so long...real life, beta testing committments, and of course writing my own stuff...and i just got over walking pneumonia...OY...

been rereading all the episodes too, to look at the style changes and writing changes you've made over time...heck...i can still remember the slightly disjointed way you used to write, back when you first started..its so much better, and i kinda think you've even welcomed the chance to make edits and changes...

we're still not at the point where i saw it on the old boards, but once again its proven to be engrossing and quite well done...and i'm glad to see you've kept the story very much alive...some of the combat scenes got major revisions, i think, and they seem to flow much better...and the mushy stuff is slightly more descriptive, i think, with a slightly more sense of lingering in the moment, if that makes sense...

Yay!!! good stuff!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ;) :)

Aww... you're far too nice, UUF! I hope you're feeling better after the pneumonia... ouch. I've heard so many stories on how nasty it is...

And yes. You're right. I have kinda welcomed the chance to edit... it sure needed it!

Some of the combat scenes have gotten major revisions indeed... although I have admittedly left some intact. Thank you so much for your constructive criticism back at the old board, and all your support... that helped a million! And all of you, everyone who's commented! Thanks!

#20 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:48 AM

Hi, ShadowHawke! :D

I'm still playing catch-up, :wacko: but I certainly like what I see here so far.. ;) Keep posting, and I will will get caught up one of these days.. :D :rolleyes:

MG