Tiefling resistances and innates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:08 AM

Could someone tell me about the natural resistances of Tieflings in pnp? And what about their natural innates, I've heard someone mentioning Globe of Darkness - could you post some details on this one as well?

Thanks,
TG
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:30 AM

Are you after 2E or 3E? I can post 3E stuff later on, but have no 2E.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#3 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:11 AM

It's not exactly canon, but I'm using this place for ideas.

#4 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:36 PM

I'm looking for these stats because I would like to correct as many NPCs in the game as possible (for v2 of Refinements). This componnt will feature the annyoing problems with character colors (white hair for minsc, black jair for Sarevok, Jaheira's disgusting skin tone, etc.) and minor stat corrections (Haer'Dalis resistances, for example).
I know his resistances were added in ToB, but I want him to have them in SoA too.

Thanks for the info though!
Posted Image

#5 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:20 AM

I've heard someone mentioning Globe of Darkness - could you post some details on this one as well?

Seeing as you are aiming for P&P and are correcting as sorts of things you see as mistakes, I should probably point out that there is no Globe of Darkness spell. It is simply called Darkness and is the reversed form of Light - and similarly Continual Darkness/Continual Light. I am aware though that nearly all players call it Globe of Darkness (especially when referring to the innate ability of the drow).

-Echon

#6 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info Echon - but could you post a few details on this one? How does it work?
Posted Image

#7 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:45 AM

Light (Alteration) Reversible
Sphere: Sun
Range: 120 yards
Duration: 1 hour + 1 turn/level
Casting Time: 4
Area of Effect: 20-feet radius
Saving Throw: Special

This spell causes a luminous glow within 20 feet of the spell's center. The area of the light thus caused is equal in brightness to torchlight. Objects in darkness beyond this sphere can be seen, at best, as vague and shadowy shapes. The spell is centered on a point selected by the caster, and he must have a line of sight and unobstructed path for the spell when it is cast. Light can spring from air, rock, metal, wood, or almost any similar substance.
The effect is immobile unless it is specifically centered on a moveable object or mobile creature. If this spell is cast upon a creature, the applicable magic resistance and saving throw rolls must be made. Successful resistance negates the spell, while a successful saving throw indicates that the spell is centered immediatly behind the creature, rather than upon the creature itself. A Light spell centered on the visual organs of a creature blinds it, reducing its attack and saving throw rolls by 4 and worsening its Armor Class by 4. The caster can extinguish the light at any time by uttering a single word. Light spells are no cumulative - cumulative castings do not provide a brighter light.
The spell is reversible, causing darkness in the same area and under the same conditions as the Light spell, but with half the duration. Magical darkness is equal to that of an unlit interior room - pitch darkness. Any normal light source or magical light source of lesser intensity than full daylight does not function in magical darkness. A Darkness spell cast directly against a Light spell cancels both, and vice versa.

-Echon