Photo

Corruption?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ejldude

ejldude
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:03 AM

Alright, I'm not very good at explaining things. But I assume the topic in itself is pretty self-explanatory. >_>

I was just thinking it would add to the fun, especially in a roleplaying sense, if you could corrupt one of the good-aligned characters. I mean, there's plenty of redeeming opportunities throughout BGII. Why not any of the opposite? Ok, there is Anomen, but that's making him a maniac, not actually evil.

I'm sure there are plenty of NPC's that could be corrupted. After-all, if you can redeem a vicious Bhaalspawn murderer. Why not corrupt the mind of a poor innocent cleric/mage for example?

This is just a suggestion. I don't intend to actually do this myself, as I have no experience whatsoever in modding. I just thought it would be a cool idea. Feedback would be much appreciated. ;\

#2 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of NPC's that could be corrupted. After-all, if you can redeem a vicious Bhaalspawn murderer. Why not corrupt the mind of a poor innocent cleric/mage for example?

Is this going where I think its going? B) Let me guess affter corruption she becomes feme fatal clad in black leather who is tottaly devoted to PC and obeys every strange and wierd wish. :P

Oh just that you know I personaly like that she elf the way she is. :wub:
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#3 ejldude

ejldude
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:33 AM

Oh don't get me wrong. Aerie is one of my fave characters just the way she is. I was just using her as an example.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

nalia, god damnit.

#5 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:47 AM

I am working on a SEKRIT project which corrupts or kills ALL of the good NPCs :) If anyone is interested in writting "corrupted" banters for the following characters:

Nalia
Keldorn
Mazzy

Please let me know. I do not want to have too many, as the focus of the mod is on the utterly EWIL and PERWERTED romance...but I will gladly add a half-dozen banters in. :)

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:47 AM

i can guess what happens with mazzy... is korgan a factor? lol :)

#7 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

Nope, corruption comes from PC and her MYSTERIOUZZZZ romance partner. It is a very PC-oriented mod...

Edited by domi, 18 May 2004 - 06:52 AM.

#8 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

That is a very good idea but exactly how many good NPC are out there that could get corrupted...? Ok let's think: Aerie (yes), Valygar (I don't think so...), Cernd (he is to... :wacko:), Jan (no way!), Yoshimo (he already is corrupted :angry: ), Nalia (yes, I think You could do it), Keldorn (no), Mazzy (definitly no), Hear'Dalis (same thing as Cernd and Jan... :blink: ), Imoen (that is possible), Jaheira (no, no, no!), Minsc (If You could persuade him that killing good people is not a bad thing :rolleyes: )

And that is it. Three NPC's that are good or neutral alinged and can be corrupted. Perhaps four if You add Minsc. I see no sense it such a MOD. But don't worry. It's just my opinion ;)
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:05 AM

Aerie? I reckon that's just wishful thinking mate/matess. Nalia's power-hungry in ToB so I reckon she's most likely to be corrupted. Keldorn MIGHT (very teeny weeny might there), if he sends his wife to prison or whatever for the affair, he'd probably just go crazy like Anomen then.

#10 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

Only *good* NPCs (by alignment) qualify+Jaheira; You have a choice to kick them out of the party to "save them". I do not want to give out too much, because the main selling point of this SEKRIT mod is the player's constant state of surprise and unusual events, so...I won't tell you who'd die and who'd be corrupted and moreover HOW and WHY. :D Allow me to finish writing and coding, release it and then you can tell me if the storyline worked out or not, since it is a story-telling mod :)

Edited by domi, 18 May 2004 - 07:15 AM.

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:29 AM

i wike stowies :D

#12 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:03 AM

Allow me to finish writing and coding, release it and then you can tell me if the storyline worked out or not, since it is a story-telling mod  :)

Well...I don't know... :rolleyes:

Heh...be my quest, do as You please and don't mind my rumbling :P

Edited by Jenova, 18 May 2004 - 09:04 AM.

"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#13 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

Oh, I do not mind at all. It is not a mod of the lifetime for me and I am not 100% set on if Mazzy and Keldorn will be corrupted or will have to be killed... NPC subplot is not of the majour interest to me though. I started it as the 1 day NPC, but it grew too big to be completed in 24 hours, alas, so I stuck with trying to keep it outgrowing my ability to finish it.

I will finalize the "corruption" decisions when I have the set of dialogues leading to it finished (so far Jaheira, Aerie, Nalia and Valygar are the ones more or less completed, though I disagree with you as I do not see Aerie corrupted, since she has been through all hells and back pshycologically and phisically and found the way of remaining spiritually untouched already). If it won't work when I see the full dialogues, I will re-do it. :lol: Anyway, if I ever finish it, I'd post it somewhere for DL.

Edited by domi, 18 May 2004 - 09:27 AM.

#14 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

though I disagree with you as I do not see Aerie corrupted, since she has been through all hells and back pshycologically and phisically and found the way of remaining spiritually untouched already

And let's say that she is in love with the PC... she desires a place in his life so much she would do anything - if he was a good actor of course :)

And imagine another scene - Aerie is surrounded by five or so evil party members. How will she react? (cry of course <_< but I see her trying to show all of them she is not weak and therefore trying things they do)

OK, I will of course enjoy this MOD but only when it is done well (Hey, You have to give the NPC a very good reasons to become evil!)

Edited by Jenova, 18 May 2004 - 09:57 AM.

--Hippocrates

#15 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:11 AM

though I disagree with you as I do not see Aerie corrupted, since she has been through all hells and back pshycologically and phisically and found the way of remaining spiritually untouched already

And let's say that she is in love with the PC... she desires a place in his life so much she would do anything - if he was a good actor of course :)

And imagine another scene - Aerie is surrounded by five or so evil party members. How will she react? (cry of course <_< but I see her trying to show all of them she is not weak and therefore trying things they do)

OK, I will of course enjoy this MOD but only when it is done well (Hey, You have to give the NPC a very good reasons to become evil!)

Erm...this mod is for a female PC only, so PC case is not applicable here; On the sidenotes, I do not see Aerie doing things advert to her nature to please her lover - she is capable of breaking up the relationship and does that in two cases: in SoA part of PC romance and with Haer'Dalis when romance does not suit her.

Aerie was surrounded by slavers and tormenters in the curcus but she made a point of *not* doing what they did, and neither she became embittered because of mistreatment so she actually has a very low "herd" instinct and high degree of resistance to abuse. Aerie's character is so often misinterpreted as weak because of her high voice and an innocente romantic line, but all of her actions are that of a person with a steel stem in her.

#16 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:21 AM

Aerie was surrounded by slavers and tormenters in the curcus but she made a point of *not* doing what they did, and neither she became embittered because of mistreatment so she actually has a very low "herd" instinct and high degree of resistance to abuse. Aerie's character is so often misinterpreted as weak because of her high voice and an innocente romantic line, but all of her actions are that of a person with a steel stem in her.

Hmm...well I never looked at her that way but I quess You are right. She may have a strong character (or just strongly believes in law and good) but still she appears to be so...helpless and so little self-confident that it can be very confusing :wacko: I quess that elves are supposed to be delicate and strong at the same time...

Erm...this mod is for a female PC only, so PC case is not applicable here

Ups...sorry, didn't know :huh:
--Hippocrates

#17 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:18 PM

Well, we all have our own ideas about our favorite characters. I am an interpretation paradox, really; unlike the majority of the players I consider Viconia a weak person, while Aerie a strong person, Cernd and Valygar the least boring NPCs vs the most boring etc... :(

#18 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

Well, we all have our own ideas about our favorite characters. I am an interpretation paradox, really; unlike the majority of the players I consider Viconia a weak person, while Aerie a strong person, Cernd and Valygar the least boring NPCs vs the most boring etc... :(

I actually agree with you, domi.

I must say, I had a good laugh reading this thread.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#19 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

That makes two of us, I suppose :)

#20 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

Hmmm... I think I could go for some old soldier corruption writing. Consider me considering putting myself up to be considered to write that one.