Ajantis for BGII

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:24 PM

EDIT: Thanks to the " Topics Started" feature I found this thread. Good lord, despite the fact that I am still writing this mod the contents is completely outdated.

Hi there,

this mod idea is basically what I *am* doing right now, because I looked and I didn't find one!...

**Ajantis-mod for BGII**:

And here he comes: Ajantis is just put back to life (from the order) after being killed at the windspear hills, because they never would let such a devoted paladin just die, would they?! :rolleyes:
He became a knight of the order while separated from your group. He comes to you after Garren's kid was kidnapped, offering to join your group and taking revenge from Fierkraag. Once in the party he will urge you to kill the dragon... I have come so far as to finish all the in-game interactions (many dialogue lines, reactions to PC doing bad things, complaining for bad reputation etc.) He greets Keldorn as his former teacher. Still missing: own quests, romance dialogues, the ToB part... And *hm* translation into English, sorry for this up to now it is all in German... :rolleyes: I will let you know as soon as it is ready :)

I am really taking this seriously, because I did not want to have a "hey, there is Ajantis' portrait and now he walks with you around saying nothing but isn't he nice to look at" kind of NPC...

As I said Ajantis is not finished yet so anyone having ideas concerning his dialogues, interactions, background information for quests etc. please feel free to reply!! (Here or per PM, I try to check from time to time! :) ) Thanks and I hope there are a lot of people just *waiting* for this mod... Well at least I can dream, na? :D (I am waiting for the "hey, didn't you look at the "what-ever named forum", *they* made an Ajantis mod three years ago answer :wacko: ) OK, just joking (I hope).
Maybe there also is somebody who wants to help me translating? I have some "native speaker resources", but a BG fan would be superb, of course! ;)

Eagerly awaiting your replies... B)

Edited by jastey, 21 April 2007 - 03:04 AM.

#2 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:25 PM

I think Seifer is working on Ajantis as part of his Nocturnal Supremacy mod here, you may want to speak to him about it. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#3 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:34 PM

Jastey, ease down on the smilies man, eyesore...!

Your ideas seem a little underdeveloped. Mine appear the same way but I have the advantage of SEKRIT forum =)

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:31 PM

Hi Seifer: nice compliment to indicate that my mod ideas are a good basis for further development (that's the way you meant it, wasn't it? :) ) These ones are especially for you: :D :D :D (They *really* do not look so eyesore if they are typed into the editor window...)
Are you writing on an Ajantis-mod for BGII? Is the SEKRIT forum a "secret" forum? Well, if it is you kept it well hidden... (imagine a grinning smiley here) I looked intensly for BGII-Ajantis activities and did not find any. Any interest from your side in working together somehow in this case?

#5 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:02 PM

No, the forum is not SeKrit by any means, but Seifer's mod deals with a few characters, Ajantis among them. Here is the LinK

Nocturnal Supremacy

#6 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

Yes, but that turns Gareth in one of those garden-variety quest givers who shout for your help, as opposite to PC actually owing him, witnessing child's kidnapping, being powerless and getting a hint etc... ie diluting the plot a lot, imo.

Ah, do not mind me, I just always liked the quest.

It is a valid way of doing it of course.

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:54 AM

(I am posting today after a short "break" because my computer crashed. s***)
@Domi: Thanks for the Nocturnal Supremacy-link, could not believe I missed that one! Almost typed my fingers numb with "Ajantis" keywords in search engines... Well.
@Tristana: My idea was, that the paladins are badly injured, and at some point it is not possible to bring a body back to life (Jaheira sais something like that after finding Khalids body). That is why Ajantis has to be put back to life by the Order, as a "normal" resurrection spell would not work. (I hope I do not start any "hey, there is no such extra-spell in AD&D"-discussion). So Ajantis is one of the lucky ones who can be put back to life, seeking revenge for the others.
@Tristana again: Another idea was, that you can avoid the fight altogether, if the Wisdom of CHAR1 is high enough, although not because of recognising Ajantis, but because of noticing the orks not talking like ones (sorry for not splitting this remark into two sentences). But Domi ist right, that the Garren-quest changes here. I have to think about this again.
@Xaositect_Crayon: I did not understand your remark about evil.

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:01 AM

@Tristana: Your idea of recognising Ajantis after the fight and healing him yourself is a good one, though. I only have some trouble justifing why all the other paladins have to stay dead, then. Hm.

#9 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:05 AM

@Tristana: Your idea of recognising Ajantis after the fight and healing him yourself is a good one, though. I only have some trouble justifing why all the other paladins have to stay dead, then. Hm.

Just wondering, but where are you exactly hosting this mod? On a forum?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:12 AM

@discharger12: I will host it on a forum, if it is ready, still working on it!! I will post the address here, of course.

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:17 AM

Hi Seifer: nice compliment to indicate that my mod ideas are a good basis for further development (that's the way you meant it, wasn't it? :) ) These ones are especially for you: :D :D :D (They *really* do not look so eyesore if they are typed into the editor window...)
Are you writing on an Ajantis-mod for BGII? Is the SEKRIT forum a "secret" forum? Well, if it is you kept it well hidden... (imagine a grinning smiley here) I looked intensly for BGII-Ajantis activities and did not find any. Any interest from your side in working together somehow in this case?

Reading this again it looks rather harsh. Didn't meen it that way, Seifer! (Well, not really, at least.) *g*

#12 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:19 AM

Ooops, I was not logged in. The two last remarks where mine. (One way of pushing up the number of posts :wacko: )

#13 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

He greets Keldorn as his former teacher.

Please reconsider this. Kind of a "small world" situation. He already trained Anomen, correct?

Why not develop his teacher as a separate character or expand one of the non-joinable NPCs in the Order's base in the Temple District?

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#14 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:59 AM

Because according to Ajantis' official biography Ajantis is Keldorn's squire.

When asked about his past, AJANTIS announces that he is a squire-paladin of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, and that he enforces the power and discipline of Helm. He belongs to the noble family of Ilvastarr in Waterdeep, and has studied swordplay under such luminaries as Myrmith Splendon. His skill and devotion apparently brought him to the attention of the paladin Keldorn one of the most respected of the order, who decided to take Ajantis under his wing as a squire. Recently Ajantis has asked for the honor of becoming a full-fledged member of the order. To accomplish this he has traveled to the Sword Coast, in order to help curtail the increased humanoid activity in the region. If he succeeds in his quest the order will vote on his eligibility for membership. He seems utterly devoted to his mission.

#15 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

Because according to Ajantis' official biography Ajantis is Keldorn's squire.

Didn't know that. On that case it makes perfect sense.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#16 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:14 PM

@Tristana: My idea was, that the paladins are badly injured, and at some point it is not possible to bring a body back to life (Jaheira sais something like that after finding Khalids body). That is why Ajantis has to be put back to life by the Order, as a "normal" resurrection spell would not work. (I hope I do not start any "hey, there is no such extra-spell in AD&D"-discussion). So Ajantis is one of the lucky ones who can be put back to life, seeking revenge for the others.

There is actually something called True Resurection iirc, which can bring to life a person w/o having a body on hand. According to Salvatore "normal" resurection can be prevented by removing and destroying the corps' heart.

#17 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:45 AM

Domi, Thanks for the info. What does "iirc" mean?

#18 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 03:13 AM

If I remember/recall correctly
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#19 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:05 PM

Yes? If you remember/recall correctly, then "iirc" means what?
*gna* Sorry, I just *had* to write that one... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info! :)