Drizzt HP ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:29 AM

How many HP Drizzt has ? I know I can check in BG2, but I'm not sure if the developers did not alter his characteristics.

#2 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:38 AM

Drizzt has 124 hit points.

#3 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:52 AM

Drizzt has 124 hit points.

Which doesn't mean much, since as The Hero he will never be allowed to die permanently unless the needs of the story call for it.

It's the war-gaming vs. story-telling issue.

#4 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:23 AM

Imagine Salvatore killing Drizzt -- he`d awake in a pool of blood next morning after the release of the book. :) I sure as hell would kill him.

#5 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:57 AM

I sure as hell would kill him.

You'd have to go through me and a whole lot of others, too.

Though, I actually doubt if death of Drizzt would save the story...
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#6 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:35 AM

I meant I`d murderize Salvatore if he`d kill Drizzt. The Drizzt novels are outstanding, in my opinion.

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:27 AM

*shudder* Read a real book. Drizzt books are the written equivalent of a Swarzanegger movie. Entertaining, but not full of quality content.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#8 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:36 AM

*shudder* Read a real book. Drizzt books are the written equivalent of a Swarzanegger movie. Entertaining, but not full of quality content.

And that's an insult to Schwarzenegger movies. ;)

#9 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

Then I`m obviously a pathetic loser because I have no access to 'real books' in this shithole called country. The 'rarest' thing I`ve read in fantasy was a Ravenloft novel, I think.

#10 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 11:39 AM

And not even entertaining after Exile... ;) And I'd change "quality content" to simply "content"

#11 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

Yes yes, of course, as I said.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

A month ago I re-read Crime and Punishment (in the original Russian).

Right now, I'm waiting for the last part of the Exile triology to appear in a book-store near me - I'm certain I'll enjoy it as much as I did the others.

Wonder how come some people haven't figured that out yet.

#13 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:34 PM

If Drizzt was to ever die, he would show up later after some sort of elaborate plot to hurt his friends backfiring.

#14 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:11 PM

I'd live with it if it would be an elaborate plot to avenge Cattie-Brie's death... In my books Cattie-Brie is a tie with Jordan's Nynaeve (however you spell it) for the worst fantasy "good" female characeter.

#15 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:06 PM

Then I`m obviously a pathetic loser because I have no access to 'real books' in this shithole called country. The 'rarest' thing I`ve read in fantasy was a Ravenloft novel, I think.

Time to learn to use your Library's book ordering program if it has one, or amazon.com's used books shops. :)

Seriously and for what it's worth, reading George R.R. Martin, David Gemmel, Philip Jose Farmer, Tanith Lee, Terry Pratchett, Mary Gentle, Gregory Maguire, etc. etc. will make you see fantasy in a whole new way. Worth going to the trouble.

#16 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 08:46 PM

why does everyone draw Drizzt like this serious Badass. I know he is badass... but anyone who names his weapons Twinkle and Icing Death has to be atleast marginally jolly
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#17 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

I also kill drizzt for his armour and weapons :D
i mean really if your going to be picky about fantasy books
honestly the last good one's were written over 500 years ago

#18 Vedran

Vedran
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:18 AM

Who told you anyway that Drizzt wouldn't die? Most of other characters died at some point of the plot. But they usually come back. With the exception of those I really liked, like Zak.

#19 khay

khay

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:54 AM

Time to learn to use your Library's book ordering program if it has one, or amazon.com's used books shops. :)

The latter might be a possibility, albeit a faint one -- as for the first, you are obviously misinformed regarding Romanian libraries and their ordering programs. :P

#20 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:31 AM

What about Tolkien? He is the absolute master of fantasy. (Cliche of me to say, but true nonetheless.) Or C. S. Lewis, if you are into children's style fantasy (Narnia books), sci-fi (Space Trilogy) or mythology/fantasy (Till We Have Faces). And then there is George MacDonald. He is--different. Read Phantastes for a taste of something unusual.

I despise Cattie-Brie and could not read past the Icewind Dale trilogy because of her. I read the first books. Homeland might be the best of the lot. Great literature it is NOT.

I would recommend Shakespeare for some fun. He is available online, many plays in their entirety. Try The Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter. And, of course, arguably the greatest English novelist: Jane Austen. You MUST read her stuff. And Jane Eyre. And Wuthering Heights. (All right; it's out. I am an English Lit fanatic.) The Nibelungenlied is also great.

All those things are available on amazon. Amazon delivers well to many places. (I have not had trouble with their books, and I live in Japan. I AM aware that amazon has a Japanese branch, but I rarely order books from there. Too expensive.)

I will be quiet now.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!