Things you'd liked to have seen in a sequel

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Tancred

Tancred

Hapless Paladin

• 209 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 03:10 PM

I'm hearing things about a game called 'Fable' that seems to work on a good/bad concept. It hasn't been released yet.

#22 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 07 June 2004 - 03:12 PM

Yeah it looks intresting Been in the works for a while

#23 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:57 AM

I'm hearing things about a game called 'Fable' that seems to work on a good/bad concept. It hasn't been released yet.

Does anyone know a link for "Fable" ?

#24 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

Did-a-chick? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

• 388 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:25 AM

http://www.fablegame.com/

#25 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:47 AM

hehe i was just going to post that link

#26 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:52 AM

Problem is it's for the x box and I ain't about to buy one for one game... hmmmm maybe I could get a thingy to let me play x box games on the pc... nah, illegal and expensive
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#27 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:06 AM

It will get a pc release too

#28 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:15 AM

Hope so I'm running out of games
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

#29 The Amazing Maurice

The Amazing Maurice

Did-a-chick? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

• 388 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:21 AM

hehe i was just going to post that link

:P

I think it'll be ground breaking.

Hope so I'm running out of games

Emulate B)

Getting back on topic, assuming Black Isle would have taken the logical route and done a straight sequel would you have prefered it playing as TNO, one of the NPC'S or a new character (TNO's child or something equally clichéd :rolleyes: )

#30 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:38 AM

No the Pc would have to be either Annah or Fall-From-Grace with the other in and Nordom would have to be there as well

Story
Trying to free the Nameless One

#31 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:18 PM

The nameless one wouldnt want to be freed i think , well not till his punishment is over and he can come to terms with himself

#32 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

he ended as CG not LG in my game
he doesnt need to be reformed...he is reformed

but he doesnt mind his punishment much... he makes the best out of whatever comes along
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#33 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:51 AM

In almost every game I play that alingment changes in accord to your actions I've always been neutral good verging to chaos sometimes and sometimes to law *shrugs* hey what can I say I'm not a rebel unless I disagree with the laws or rules those I do disagree with I ignore

#34 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:00 AM

yeah I always go chaotic good or sometimes neutral... I dont have the heart to be evil to grace or annah
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#35 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:02 AM

I just find that it pays to be the good guy and besides evil doers give more xp ;)

#36 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

Its kinda fun being evil sometimes
:D
Like having to kill your freinds for the book

#37 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:46 AM

That book was a rip off! I did that and thought "is that it? All that for such poxy bloody spells that I won.t even use!?!"

#38 raptor

raptor
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

Temple of elemental Evil, did a few interesting twist on the plot. you had different starting based on the teams "average" alignment. worked good in most cases, but ersonally i felt the True Neutral was a bit borked, since i was not a druid it seemed weird that a druid sendt me to do a druids quest. but others like Evil and chotic good was really interesting. it also have a different ending... My Lawfull good MALE Dwarf Paladin actually ended upp marying a human MALE pirate/dentist in the ending sequence... very scary.....

As for what i would like to play ina a "Torment 2" Unless they can come upp with a similar messed upp person like Nameless one i would prefer Annah/Fall-from-grace, the others doesnt seem like posible characters to me, Dak'kon will probablly crawl upp and die in peace somewhere. Morte will live happily ever after beeing turtlewaxed daily in the brothel, Ignus and Vhailor are so bound upp by their one desire that they couldnt do anything else if they even wanted to. Nordom .. well.... right.... a game with him would have the definitivelly WEIRDEST converstaion options ever. im not certain if 90% of teh PST fans even would understand that :P

#39 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

That book was a rip off! I did that and thought "is that it? All that for such poxy bloody spells that I won.t even use!?!"

Heh, evil characters really get the short end of the stick in this game.
The only place where I can find being evil gives a definite advantage is giving Mebbeth the evil answer when she asks you why you want to learn the art.
Later, when you meet Ravel:
If you gave the evil answer: Because I need the power. You get +1 INT and +1 WIS later with Ravel
If you gave the answer: Because I just want to know. You get +1 INT later with Ravel
If you gave the answer: Because it may help me find out who I am. You get +1 WIS later with Ravel

Sure, the Grimore of Pestilential Thoughts does give you Power Word Kill, but by the time you are able to cast level 9 spells, Dak'kon's and Nordem's attacks, Annah's backstab, and Morte's Skull Mob skills can easily do more than 120 hit damage in one turn.
Besides if you really want Power Word Kill, the Wish Scroll would give it to you anyway.

#40 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:05 AM

I'm going by the endings of what they say if you bring them back to life, Annah says she will look for you, Fall for grace says she'll scour the abyss and the nine hells if need be, Nordom says he'll look for you because you're his leader and friend (if you help him), Vhailor I think went along the lines of when your punishment is served I will be waiting Morte I think would want to help out if Annah/Grace decided to rescue you Ignus always ends up dead when I play him and I don't know much about him (is there anything you can do for him? apart from a memory of teaching him), As for Dakkon, I'd say that he would want to help my Char, considering I helped him understand the circle, and a fair few other things as well that I can't remember at the moment