The Revision of the Five

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#21 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

I don?t know if you were around but Gromnir was a poster on the older Interplay & Bioware boards. He still posts there some times. He raised a huge fuss about thieves & dual wielding online.

Gromnir got his online handle from the name of one of his PCs. He even wrote some online fiction about Gromnir the PC. Bio put him in the game both to acknowledge his online presence and as something of a joke. Of course they got either the race or class wrong. I?ll have to look it up.

However in no way shape or form was Gromnir a Berserker. I?m pretty sure that he was a F/T of some sort but I?m going to have to check. He might even have been human too.

#22 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:33 AM

Follow up to above.

Here is a link to Gromnir's Bioware Profile: http://forums.biowar...file.html?u=336

Here is a link to some online fiction:
http://www.sylvermoo...t/gromnir.shtml

#23 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:48 AM

"Gromnir" looks like Karzak with shit grammar.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#24 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:31 AM

Well, in ToB he is definitely a barbarian in full-plate... :)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#25 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:37 PM

Lol well we should imo go with what he should have been then, not what he is actually.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:01 PM

I think it's better to base any revision on what is there, not on a poster in a forum. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#27 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

What is ... is based on Bio's mistaken implementation of the 'real' thing. :P

#28 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

And the whole "real thing" concept is crap anyway. Whoopee, let's base the game on dumbass posters on our forum. It's better ignored.

#29 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:21 AM

Seriously it was obviously based on his character and we should atleast attempt to get it right even if bioware didn't.

We don't haveto to cross the ts and dot the is, but i mean it would be like us ignoring the fact entirely in BG1NPC project that imoen is a bhaalspawn or will become a mage. Not exactly the same, but on the same wavelength.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:01 AM

You think I'd start a thread like this without any backup? ;)  Of course, we intend to get help in th scripting area, though Littiz isn't bad at all! Simply take a look at the Use Scrolls scripts done by him! I think it is a very superb piece in itself. The only problem is that we (he) are not experienced in battle scripts.
But help is on its way: I hereby announce that the Refinements team will be increased to 3 in the near future, the bigg will join the work! :D  His part will be the scripts for start. Still, we gladly accept any source of help from anyone who would be willing to help us in the scripting part for these upcoming components! ;)

**** DELETED TO PREVENT SPAMMING ******

Edited by the bigg, 04 July 2004 - 05:05 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#31 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:00 AM

Edited

Edited by Feanor, 05 July 2004 - 01:32 AM.

#32 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:38 AM

Feanor, I can sed you some e-mails that I received, since I belong to his super-spam list.

To turn on topic, I read this thorugh, and I cannot say what is good, it's seems so ***£$$%% new and fun that I can't decide :lol: .
Anway, if Gromnir's original concept was that of a FT, he'll be gonna rock! (I'm the avatar of FTs, if you don't know :B ) Try my "Mazzy the Paladin", then cheat in (or loot the right way :B ) the item tb#invis.itm, then activate it. Notice: Aledreth is 100% cheese free, not even the munchkin sword of Kuirosan :D .

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#33 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to break down the fun of everyone, but I'm completely against any change in Gromnir's race. I very much like him as a Half-Orc (the game nearly entirely lacks these characters), and his concept seems acceptable for me. Not to mention that we can find F/Ts everywhere in BG2, no need for another one. There is Eler Had in his party, we can experiment with him if you want to see a F/Assassin for example. My only problem with Gromnir is that he wears a Full-plate. Barbarians cannot do that.
Posted Image

#34 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Seriously it was obviously based on his character and we should atleast attempt to get it right even if bioware didn't.

Why? In the context of the story, Gromnir is fine as he is, and what he is based on is utterly irrelevant. If you want to change him to something daft, it might just as well be a camp halfling.

Sorry to break down the fun of everyone, but I'm completely against any change in Gromnir's race.

Thank god. :)

Edited by SimDing0, 09 June 2004 - 09:16 AM.

#35 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:34 AM

"Get it right"? Changing something=/=getting it "wrong."

We don't haveto to cross the ts and dot the is, but i mean it would be like us ignoring the fact entirely in BG1NPC project that imoen is a bhaalspawn or will become a mage.

No, it would be like ignoring the fact that Khalid's original draft made him a fighter/wizard, and Xan's original draft made him a githyanki fighter. In other words, it would be like ignoring something that is irrelevant and absolutely ought to be ignored.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#36 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

Why? In the context of the story, Gromnir is fine as he is, and what he is based on is utterly irrelevant. If you want to change him to something daft, it might just as well be a camp halfling

it would be like ignoring the fact that Khalid's original draft made him a fighter/wizard, and Xan's original draft made him a githyanki fighter. In other words, it would be like ignoring something that is irrelevant and absolutely ought to be ignored.

Amen. ^_^
Posted Image

#37 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

Whatever.

I think that changing him to match the Gromnir I remember would be *far* more interesting than altering him in some random way.

But like I said. Whatever.

#38 -Fruitilicious-

-Fruitilicious-

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:03 PM

hi, i would like my mate craig to be included as the end boss in the game. i think changing the end boss to someone im familiar with would be far more interesting!

#39 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

Random? What do you mean by "random"? Remaining true to his BG2 implementation (which works perfectly and fits into the plot very well) and correcting the obvious bugs like removing his full-plate? ;)
Do you REALLY think that a F/T Gromnir would be more interesting thatn a half-orc Barbarian?

And have you thought about the soundset and his dialogues? They clearly refer to him as an orc (half-orc). Would you change them as well to fit your version?

Edited by T.G.Maestro, 09 June 2004 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Jinnai

Jinnai

• 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:45 PM

Whatever.

I think that changing him to match the Gromnir I remember would be *far* more interesting than altering him in some random way.

But like I said. Whatever.

Exactly. Whatever float you're boat.
Posted ImagePosted Image