Someone, anyone... HELP!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:51 AM

My game keeps crashing? :( Not fair! And Tsujatha?s name somehow changed to something like ?I hate to interrupt this family gathering, but what about the illithium?? Yes, that whole sentence is now his name. These are the mods I?ve got installed. (The one?s with *?s buy them are the newest ones I?ve installed. Yes, I?m slow at getting all the mods? I have to fight with my brother about them.)

Solaufein*
Tsujatha
NPC Flirt Mod
NPC Banters
Unfinished Business*
SP Collection (A bunch of new classes/kits)*
Dungeon-Be-Gone

As for patches, all I have installed is the official BGII patch. I HAD Baldurdash installed, but It worked a little better after I uninstalled it for some f?d up reason.

Does anyone have any clue as to what? going on? I?ve tried re-installing EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN THING, to no avail. I?m going to kill my computer soon? help me! I?m not downloading or installing another mod until I figure this out!!!
Posted Image

#2 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:03 AM

I am not big on mods myself (strangely), but the one that adds classes/kits looks most suspicious for killing dlg.tlk. Try uninstalling all the mods, replace your dlg.tlk and override folder with your backed up (clean) versions and reinstall all of the above except for it. If you do not have a back up, you will probably need to reinstall the game to bring it to the virginal state.

#3 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

Thanks, I'll try that!

(falls to floor in pathetic heap)
Posted Image

#4 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:26 PM

You did install the BG2 patch before you installed any mods, right? It sounds like you had mods installed and then re-installed them in a different order. If Tsujatha has a talk fixer you might try using that.

#5 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

That doesn't always fix problems with the character's names, though.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#6 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:37 AM

Well, the illithium line comes, I think, from UB. I am afraid that Tsujatha does not currently have a talk-fixer. (I wonder how hard that would be to code in for the next release? Hmm.) I have tested Tsujatha with UB before, up until version 8 or 9 or something. UB is always being updated! I have not had any problems with incompatibility there. Currently I have Sola, Tsujatha, Kelsey, UB, Dungeon-Be-Gone, the Flirt Pack, and the NPC banter packs all installed. (And a couple of others, too!) So far, no incompatibilities. BUT--I have never tried Tsujatha with any of the .tlk overwriters, including anything that adds kits.

Let me know what you find out. If it turns out to be incompatible, I will post that warning on the site. If you are still having trouble after the reinstallation, please let me know. We will try to get something worked out for you!

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#7 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:49 AM

Assuming she didn't install a .tlk overwriting mod or the official patch over Tsujatha, then a talk fixer should fix names (if it doesn't work immediately then changing areas can help too.)

In looking at Tsujatha's .tp2 file it doesn't appear that he has a soundset, so making a talk fixer should take all of 30 seconds.

#8 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

As for patches, all I have installed is the official BGII patch.  I HAD Baldurdash installed, but It worked a little better after I uninstalled it for some f?d up reason.

Did this include the Baldurdash Game Text Update? If so, then that's your problem. The Game Text Update is a dialog.tlk in a zip, so installing/uninstalling it after mods have been added would break all of the strings. SP Collection is a WeiDU mod, so I would doubt it's breaking strings.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#9 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:25 PM

And in that case, I take it that reinstalling the mods would not help. You most likely have to reinstall the game, unless you have a backup of your .tlk.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#10 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:30 PM

Reinstalling the game won't fix your save games, but it will prevent the problem from occuring in new games.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#11 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

Yes, savegames are irrevocably bugged.

SofT
Check out my RPG forum!

#12 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

I had this ones before after installing a mod, with Kelsey saying very weird lines like: 'KELSEY!', also lines were fucked up.

There is an order in which you need to install the mods:

first the officiel patch
Then any other fixing patches like Baldurdash
Then not Weidu based mods
Then Weidu based mods

Look at Sorcerer's place for more detail

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#13 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:40 PM

My game didn't start glitching until I killed Bodhi (fo good) and then I clicked in her coffin to get the thing for the elves and it crashes. So I loaded another game and sudeny Tsujatha was named... well, you can read it above.

Well now... I uninstalled the Kits thing... and it seemed to have helped in my new game so far! ^_^ I'll have to find out later if removing the Kits fixed things as good as it seem to have.

Thanks for the help!

Side Note: I LOVE Tsujatha! Anyone who hasn't tried him out yet needs to! :wub:
Posted Image

#14 Bane

Bane

Grand Master Noober

• 1472 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:08 AM

What is a Tsujatha and where can I get one? :D

EDIT: I found it, thanx neway

Edited by Felstorm, 19 June 2004 - 05:12 AM.

Power for the Keep, Power for the Zhentarim!

Defy me and die!

Posted Image