• 1235 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:55 AM

All comments welcome.

#2 Beyshaliban

Beyshaliban

With A Vengeance

• 738 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:03 PM

I don't know the game, so I cannot thank you for the suggestions.

The way you apply your player's technique to the characters' pov is very well done. Their motivations and thoughts are hilarious. The introduction to the game is wonderful!

I for my part hope you have time to continue your walkthrough.

Bey

I also read the Dunnykin adventures and howled, by the way.

#3 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Beyshaliban, always good to read that someone liked it. :)

TOEE had some wonderful game play elements, even with the bugs. It's a shame that the story-telling aspect of the game fell short.

Also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Dunnykin.

Edited by BobTokyo, 23 June 2004 - 12:40 PM.

#4 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:16 AM

TOEE had some wonderful game play elements, even with the bugs. It's a shame that the story-telling aspect of the game fell short.

Hi, Bob!

Enjoyed your introduction very much. I, too, am not familiar with the game, but you have certainly whetted my appetite for a little investigation here. ;)

Ah... But the skimpy story-telling aspect of the original merely provides you with a plethora of opportunities to entertain all of us with your imagination and creativity in 'filling in' the barren spots. And for that we wait with great anticipation. (And we will try to be patient, as we realize your crunching rl schedule, also.. ;) )

'Morz, Morz, Morz'..... :D

MG

#5 zhuge

zhuge
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:16 AM

Hi OddHat,

Never expected to find you here. ^_^
You really should visit us again, we miss you over at Atari and Co8. There has been some renewed activity on the boards after the 2nd official patch.

Oh and besides Co8 mod pack v3.0.3, I've also done a small dialogue mod recently: Burne's puzzles as new content. So do come over and tell us your thoughts. :)

#6 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:19 AM

Hi OddHat,

Never expected to find you here. ^_^
You really should visit us again, we miss you over at Atari and Co8. There has been some renewed activity on the boards after the 2nd official patch.

Oh and besides Co8 mod pack v3.0.3, I've also done a small dialogue mod recently: Burne's puzzles as new content. So do come over and tell us your thoughts. :)

Zhuge! Welcome! :D

I came back to BG2 after it looked like Atari had abandoned TOEE. I'll definitely take a look back at the forums, and at Co8.

#7 zhuge

zhuge
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

Wow, that was a really fast reply. ;)
I thought Atari had completely abandoned ToEE too. I still can't believe they took nearly 3 months to release the patch at the end of May. The beta testing team under Steve Moret had basically finished testing the patch in March.

Anyway Steve has mentioned that there will probably be a 3rd official patch but he's too busy currently with Vampire: The Masquerade to do much. On the modding side you will notice we've had a few fresh faces who have already contributed quite a bit (NPC levelling problems have been resolved! Yes, ALL resolved). And of course there still seems to be a couple of old fools who refuse to let the game die off in some quiet corner... :P