v.2?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:08 PM

But, trust my words: the new monk table alone will be worth of it (I mean, *if* TGM accepts my alternative and theorethically correct version for Inner Time

Your prosposed substitute might be technically correct, but never theorethical. :P :D :lol: While my version contains a few technical flaws, yours is based upon a flawed theory. ;)
I guess we'll have to get through this sometimes - but as Littiz said, thenew monk table rocks. :thumb:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#22 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

My version's "theory" (as you call it) is very logical and flawless (basing also on another ability of yours!), AND, it can be implemented.

Your version is fine as well, but cannot be implemented.
;)

Edited by Littiz, 20 September 2004 - 01:24 PM.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#23 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:04 PM

Heh, I see this argument as a starting point of another possible clash :D ;) ...

My version's "theory" (as you call it) is very logical and flawless

Actually, it is not. No offense meant, take a look at the mail I've sent lately. Really, thats not the way this ability should work - it is a STATE, not an acceleration. An definitely not Time Stop.

But lets just keep this to personal (we wouldn spoil anything, right? ;) :P ).
Posted Image

#24 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:32 PM

You're twisting my words, and my interpretation.
You're saying that a monk isn't able to do something that he's ALREADY able to do.

I can't believe you're not seeing the flaw in your logic..

#25 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:37 PM

*Draws a line on the ground.* Okay, since you're so intent on a pissing contest let's do this right. :fish:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#26 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

*Draws a line on the ground.* Okay, since you're so intent on a pissing contest let's do this right. :fish:

I was thinking more of handing them a ruler and telling them to drop trou, but a pissing contest works just as well. ;) :nana:

#27 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:16 PM

Oh, I've even found a couple of additional flaws in your version..
the list is getting pretty long, you know ;)

I promised I'll leave the final decision to you, and I will, but you can't keep me from using the other one, mourning for our wounded mod and for the players who will get the faulty version ;) :rolleyes: :P

Edited by Littiz, 20 September 2004 - 11:18 PM.

#28 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:37 AM

If you are an arhcer with Precision, you need to re-do it all.

Hm, what do you mean?
Precision has been changed, but the name remains the same.
Saved characters should simply get in use the updated version.

Actually nothing because I was wrong :wacko: . Now that I think again, tg#prec.spl is the edited et correct one, and the same that an archr will choose, while tg#prec2.spl is the new, Illasera one.

Depending on how does Littiz implement the Blade Kit, a thief with use scrolls (either from HLA or from dual to mage) won't work. (If Littiz uses ADD_KIT, as per my suggestion, and places it after the thief code, it won't work.

Sorry, after 11 hours of work I might be running a little out of concentration...
If we place the new "shadow" kit after the others, the positions shouldn't change.
(I mean, if one just uninstalls and then installs the new version of Refinements)
But probably I'm missing something ATM.

Yes, you're missing the wits to guess I wanted to say "before" and not "after" :lol: . Guess that work isn't doing much favors to you (well, maybe on the ? side, I hope :D )

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#29 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:17 AM

You're twisting my words, and my interpretation.
You're saying that a monk isn't able to do something that he's ALREADY able to do.
I can't believe you're not seeing the flaw in your logic..

There is no flaw in my logic Littiz, I'm simply stating that your idea is not good. Mine have technical flaws, but since we haven't released anything called v2, I'm not entirely sure what all this fuss is about.

Oh, I've even found a couple of additional flaws in your version..
the list is getting pretty long, you know

Yup, and there is the mail to discuss such things. ;)

I promised I'll leave the final decision to you, and I will, but you can't keep me from using the other one, mourning for our wounded mod and for the players who will get the faulty version

First off, players won't get a "faulty" version. As I already said above, we won't release anything until it is completed and free of flaws.
And on the other hand, I don't think that we couldn't draw a thin line between minor and unacceptable "flaws". The "Merciful Fighting" ability for the SA has several minor problems in its implementation, and suffers from the same "illness" as Inner Time - a good idea meets a limited engine. Yet, it has been released somehow...
I wonder if the players suffer that much from living with it...

And now I really mean that we end this discussion here and move it back to personal mails. ;)
Or we can ask for a workroom to discuss technical problems.

Edited by T.G.Maestro, 21 September 2004 - 01:17 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:05 AM

But lets just keep this to personal (we wouldn spoil anything, right?  ).

I wonder why the description of a spell can be considered spoiler, since it was already posted and discussed in the forums. :blink:

#31 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:32 AM

That was meant as a joke Feanor.
I was referring to personal differences on any subject, which have no place in this forum IMO.
Posted Image

#32 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:31 AM

There is no flaw in my logic Littiz, I'm simply stating that your idea is not good.

Very gentle of you... I'm simply stating yours doesn't work. :)

Mine have technical flaws, but since we haven't released anything called v2, I'm not entirely sure what all this fuss is about.

Wait wait wait, I know how discussions with you work ;)
You can *barely* be moved from your positions, and only after EXHAUSTING efforts.
I can't bear it again (even for time reasons), so I won't keep trying to convince you, I'll just acknowledge the fact that you prefer to release your version, and I will just finish the correct one for me :)

As I already said above, we won't release anything until it is completed and free of flaws.

You seem to refuse the simple truth that your proposed version cannot be made free of flaws. You'd have to change the impostation from scratch.

The "Merciful Fighting" ability for the SA has several minor problems in its implementation, and suffers from the same "illness" as Inner Time - a good idea meets a limited engine. Yet, it has been released somehow...

Pardon?
It works perfectly.
Ok, it has a glitch with regeneration - which now I'd be able to remove, too.
No such thing as a list of flaws -_-

And now I really mean that we end this discussion here and move it back to personal mails.

We can stop the debate here: I'll tell you about the additional flaws, and you're free to hope players won't notice them, together with the rest.
I've already spent too MUCH of my time trying to test, adjust, correct, improve and redo Inner Time.
And you simply keep refusing any change, and any argument.
So why bother? I'm not payed.

You will release your version, and I'll keep mine.
Deal? :)

Edited by Littiz, 21 September 2004 - 08:41 AM.

#33 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:24 AM

You can *barely* be moved from your positions, and only after EXHAUSTING efforts

Hmm, I know someone else with exactly the same characteristic... :rolleyes: :lol:

I'll just acknowledge the fact that you prefer to release your version,

No, I'm not. See my post. -_-

Pardon?
It works perfectly

Offtopic, but no. Again, see my post about its flawed method of applying effects to the character.
Posted Image

#34 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:42 AM

Offtopic, but no. Again, see my post about its flawed method of applying effects to the character.

I read your report, but I'm playing through TuTu with a SA and never noticed it.
Anyway, I *can* fix that (similarly to the solution I used for Second Wind)

#35 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:46 AM

I *can* fix that (similarly to the solution I used for Second Wind)

Yes, I thought about that - it would be nice. ;)

For now I will modify IT and try to create a WORKING version without any effects that shouldn't be there. -_-

End.
Posted Image

#36 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

Have you thought of maybe putting both in the mod as optional components and letting the player choose?
The other option of course is to flip a coin. I'm sure you could find people to agree and disagree with both of your interpretations. I'm equally certain we could find people that disagreed with BOTH entirely. No one is going to be able to create something to satisy everyone's interpretation. Why not accept this and just move-the-fuck-on to another file?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#37 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:35 AM

Have you thought of maybe putting both in the mod as optional components and letting the player choose?
The other option of course is to flip a coin. I'm sure you could find people to agree and disagree with both of your interpretations. I'm equally certain we could find people that disagreed with BOTH entirely. No one is going to be able to create something to satisy everyone's interpretation. Why not accept this and just move-the-fuck-on to another file?

Interesting and wise thoughts there Hlid, I will consider them. -_-
Posted Image

#38 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:32 AM

Hey! You're ruining the fun of watching these two. Stop that! :angry:

#39 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:04 PM

We're used to the idea that having opposite approaches about just everything, we are easily led to good results, or clashes. It's a two side coin :)

I speak lightly in the forums since they're always light matters.
(I've been really serious and angry only once, in the general forum).

Edited by Littiz, 21 September 2004 - 01:11 PM.

#40 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:22 PM

I speak lightly in the forums since they're always light matters.
(I've been really serious and angry only once, in the general forum).

Hahh, maybe you forgot a few incidents here in the Refinements forum as well... :lol:
How was the starting sentence...? Hmm, something like:
"..First I was simply staring at the sheer arrogance from this post..." :P
You know the rest, I'm sure. ^_^

Yet, a new version of the ability has been sent, with NONE of the flaws mentioned before, mainly resulting from our previous discussions on this subject. It seems I've found a way to simulate those effects by introducing another Movement Rate increasing opcode (II). Anyway, it works, looks good, and hopefully won't contain any bugs.

Hey! You're ruining the fun of watching these two. Stop that!

Look what we have here... a provocator... :angry: :ph34r: ;)
Posted Image