Release #2: Items, items items :)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

Yes. It does not require ToB in any form.

I'll have to try running it with IWD:HoW one of these days... even that should work, in theory. ;)

崇高滑稽
·

#22 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:39 AM

There goes me and more questions... How do this shields look like in the avatars? Like... thats also changed, right?

And also, didnt you ever thought of using IWD2 graphics as well? Some are very, very nice too :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#23 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:57 AM

Sadly, the in-game avatars remain untouched, as they're not compatible at all with the corresponding BG1 graphics, and I don't have the time to build hundreds and hundreds of frames.

As for the IWD2 graphics... They use the BG2 in-game avatars, and don't have any paperdolls.

崇高滑稽
·

#24 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

That's great. :)
I'll have to see how the sword BAMs look in-game - until now I had nothing against that curved katana BAM.
I don't agree with the change for that helm in tt-02 (Amkethran helm? Or that special one?) - the original inventory version looks better there, imho.

Apart from this - :turnip: :turnip: :turnip: *g*

#25 Necaradan

Necaradan
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

These mods give me mixed feelings. One the the things I hated most about IWD was trying to figure out what type of helmet my avatar was going to get compared to the look of the helmet in the inventory. I do think that the BG1 graphics are more attractive, It's just that I can't stand paperdoll graphics that don't match in-game graphics more

I must disagree about the female warrior paperdoll the BG1 graphics look more heroic than the kitchen maid look of the BG2 ones. Just because she is in a swimsuit is no reason to say the BG2 paperdoll is better. I laugh at feminists complaining that she is nekid.

Btw up above I think IWD2 item inventory graphics were being refered to not paperdolls

#26 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:32 AM

Necaradan: I share your worries, thats why i asked lightspeed if the in game avatars were changed as well, it'll look rather odd... but i also guess we cant ask lightspeed to edit 182739123871390 million frames either :( Maybe for future releases? ^_^
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#27 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:49 AM

Unfortunately, this is a very unlikely thing to happen.

Just a general point though; even the standard BG2 inventory graphics didn't match up with the in-game avatars :rolleyes:

*sighs*

崇高滑稽
·

#28 Necaradan

Necaradan
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

Most standard BG2 inventory graphics match up to BG2 avatars alot better than BG1 inventory graphics match BG2 avatars

Im talking mostly about helms and shields here of course. I'd rather the BG2 inventory graphics were cleaned up rather than just replacing them with BG1 graphics that don't look like the avatar(not that Im suggesting you go back and start over or anything)

#29 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:59 AM

That'd be like asking Microsoft to make Windows a stable operating systems. Some things are simply messed up beyond repair. The BG2 art (well, some parts) is one of them.

崇高滑稽
·

#30 -Bio aWare-

-Bio aWare-

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:50 PM

Hello, I am the original graphics artist from BG2 and TOB, and I'm really p*'d about the things you had to say about my work.

:nana:

#31 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:06 AM

Awww, you're so cute. ^_^

崇高滑稽
·

#32 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:51 AM

I just wanted to contribute a hell'zya! to your efforts. From what I've seen so far your definitly picking and choosing the best of all worlds in terms of looks. Thanks for this!

#33 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

You're welcome ;)

崇高滑稽
·