BG2 Skinner

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:07 AM

I initially had problems getting anyone onboard with it, so decided to do it myself.. the time consumption drove my wife up a wall, then I ended up without a phone (cell only) for a couple years.. I could go over some of the concepts I was working on, but there's not much chance I'd be able to do it myself right now - Most of what I had I lost in a hard drive crash about a year ago.

My second child was concieved and born after I started on it. now, with a one year old, and a very demanding (just turned) four year old running around it's hard for me to spend much time on anything unless I plan on not sleeping.

There were going to be several different plotlines running, which would actually turn out to be interconnected, each with it's own NPCs

Three lawfull draconian brothers (good, neutral and evil), one of which (based on alignment of the player would travel with the party) can join the players group. The brothers were all born of the same mother, a dragon enslaved by an evil mage who escaped from them once before through a magic portal. They seek to free their mother, slay the mage, and genrally seek revenge for their creation.

A Smith/Mage which can make magic items through combining other items after his three primary quests are achieved - recovering two magic items; A portable forge, anvil, and his ancestors magic hammer. He's an outcast from his sect, and is seeking to make amends. However once returning he find his people gone, and clues that some strange brotherhood has taken them for reasons unknown..

A new item/character - Labrys, a sentient battleaxe which is cursed - technically posessed by the souls of everyone who's ever died wielding it. The axe has an agenda of it's own dating back to it's first owner, who - according to the axe - sliced and diced Vecna back when he was just a litch leading an army trying to conquor the prime material plane. Labrys would send the group on quests to learn about it's former owners, and seeks to destroy the Vecna artifacts (I considered sending everyone to planescape tormet for one adventure to hunt down the skill of Vecna (morte).

somewhere down the line it would be discovered that Labrys, mage/smith -Ash firehearth (my avatar), the draconians (one of the brothers seen below), and another character I've not covered, is after the same person, who is behind the BOR secret society - a mage who was once a student of Vecna.

anyway.. there was a lot more, but I sat down one day and realized by the time I finished the problem, there'd be no interest in BG2 modding anymore (10 years maybe)

Attached Images

• Drac_L.jpg

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#22 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

Rastor, Honestly I hadn't thought of pestering anyone to host it. I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to host something that's incomplete and likely to stay that way.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#23 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to host something that's incomplete and likely to stay that way.

That is as untrue as it can get.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#24 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:20 PM

Well then.. Would anyone be willing to host it?

Project Forum

#25 -Battery-

-Battery-

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:25 PM

I can host it if nobody else want to; just send the files to my email:
janne_jo@hotmail.com

#26 -Battery-

-Battery-

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

(almost) forgot that hotmail have 2mb limit; so send them to battery-@mbnet.fi

#27 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:49 PM

I'm only on at 56K. If I spend another 3-4 hours online uploading this week my wife will KILL me.

Well, I just checked, and Yahoo can handle it. I'll start sending now, with any luck I wont get bumped offline again - I have it on my web-page but Geocities only allows it to be downloaded randomly, and I don't know why.. so I'll just have to hope I can convince her to let me live a little longer. Hmm maybe I'll do the dishes.. they say no man has ever died while doing the dishes.

Project Forum

#28 -Battery-

-Battery-

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

C-Gui-Skin

Chevar, there is now days lots of much more reliable and efficient packing methods out there than old .zip (like 7 zip format, I don't usually advertise but there just are so many better methods to pack files than .zip format. Note that 7 zip is just one alternative. The good thing about 7 zip is that is free, very efficient and cabable of creating self-extracting archives.

#29 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, but this computer's running XP, which has makes ziping easier.. but I miss the additional compression options. I hate XP.. okay back on toppic now;

Thanks! I just deleted those two files, and put the link on my page. Now I have plenty enough space to play with, and people can actually download it without having to keep trying for an hour or so!

Naturally that leaves the dilema of what do do with the space! :)

Okay, curtesy of Battery's generous offer, and assistance, my skin mod can either be direct downloaded from his link here, or through My Webpage

PS: Rastor, thanks for bringing it up. I probably should have thought of it in the first place.

PSS Immorality, I put a link to an incomplete map (I lost the finished version in a crash) from my abandoned mod - It's from the great forge. Check it out for a goo laugh.. it also explains the metal and symbol in the mainmenu screen..

Edited by Chevar, 23 July 2004 - 11:28 PM.

Project Forum