Haste my beloved Monk please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -TemporaryShade-

-TemporaryShade-

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:17 PM

Is there a simple way to edit monks so that they can be hasted (while immune to slow perhaps)? That is to say, is there a way to mod character creation files for cheesiness, such as my hasted monk or an armored kensai? I have Near Infinity, so I could edit the necessary files if I knew what they were. I don't know where to look for this information atm. :rolleyes:

#2 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:22 AM

If you want your kensai to use armor, then you must edit the armor with IEEP or DLTCEP (BTW, it's easier with IEEP).

Edited by Feanor, 29 July 2004 - 06:38 AM.

#3 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:36 AM

Edit SPCL814.spl and remove the third "Immunity to Effect" and the second "Remove Portrait Icon" .

Note that these are the NI names for the effects. Editors using the IESDP names (such as DLTCEP) call them "Protection: from Opcode" and "Graphics: Remove Special Effect Icon" respectively.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 29 July 2004 - 07:58 AM.

#4 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:50 AM

Check out the Refinements mod.

http://www.shsforums...opic=7709&st=70

#5 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

If you want your kensai to use armor, then you must edit the armor with IEEP or DLTCEP (BTW, it's easier with IEEP).

Argh! Be eaten by a horde of large, smelly, hungry rats!

IEEP = t3h :bash:

#6 -TemporaryShade-

-TemporaryShade-

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:23 AM

Neat mod! I had been looking all over for the right 2da file, no surpise I needed to look elsewhere. Thank you, I will check out these other tools.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

I removed the can't be hasted parts from the spl, very fun! ^_^ My last question is, what is the file to edit the monk's kit description. I just want to change it to "Cannot be slowed". Thanks againl

#8 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

i assume you only want to change your particular monk? If that is the case, get CreatureMaker (DLTCEP is better, but needs setting up etc). Export your .chr.

Now open it up and look at the Effects tab.

Add the following:

101 (65h) Protection from Opcode

Probability 0-100

Param 2 = 40 (slow)

and

126 (7eh) Movement Modifider

Probability 0-100

Param 1 = 200

Param 2 = 2

I found all this out quite easily with DLTCEP. CreatureMaker isn't a great tool for doing this, but hey.