Photo

Mod Updates?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 11:23 AM

Don't forget about this forum Cuv. Its been a while since you've let us know how the mods coming along? Still revamping the entire dungeon?

#2 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 02:57 PM

Yep:) I've got the last new area working... working the creatures for it and some specialty scripts and doors:D

The last area I may yet have to make is the outdoor area in the Hills... I intend to add a Paladin encampment there... but may not get to that.

Things are going fairly well.. although some new bugs have popped up in the latest build:( Sorting through them today.

Cuv

#3 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:44 AM

A lot of "lasts" in that post, which is a good sign. ;-)

How much time do you usually spend on this per day Cuv? Don't work too hard.

Still waiting with anticipation :)

#4 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:35 PM

I spend 10 hours per day at my real job, then come home and work on the mod approximately 4-5 hours before going to bed each night:D I dont do much else. I will be relieved when this project is finally finished, but we want it to be the best it can be... so we arent just throwing things together to rush it.

#5 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:16 AM

That's a lot of work Cuv, but I highly doubt you aren't enjoying making the mod :P I know I would.

I'm glad you aren't rushing it, but it is taking a helluva long time. Don't worry too much about perfection. The odd bug can easily be excused and fixed later. Look on the bright side, had you released it 6 months ago it would still be less buggy than TeamBG's mods. Ahh well, maybe its just my impatience speaking for me ;)

Question about the mod. In my current game, I just killed pretty much every living thing in the Windspear Hills area, including Garren. I retreived the deed for Firkraag killing Garren in the process, only to return and disprove of the dragon's reward and kill him too. How's that going to effect RtW? I know there's an 'evil' letter you receive from Garren, whcih I'll most likely end up getting, but how do you justify him being dead?

Heh, just being annoying, sorry.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:22 AM

Look on the bright side, had you released it 6 months ago it would still be less buggy than TeamBG's mods.

*sigh*

Epic Endeavours was virtually bugless on its release, and never required patching.
Need I say more?

#7 -Sim-

-Sim-

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:23 AM

To remain on topic, though, I might add that I am certainly looking forward to this mod. Good luck with it B)

#8 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:43 PM

Look on the bright side, had you released it 6 months ago it would still be less buggy than TeamBG's mods.

*sigh*

Epic Endeavours was virtually bugless on its release, and never required patching.
Need I say more?

Perhaps *you* should distinguish the difference between a mod made by TeamBG and a mod hosted by TeamBG. DSotSC and TDD are made by TeamBG and both were buggy as hell, not worth installing in the first place, in my opinion.

Regardless, yes, I'm looking forward to this mod as well.

#9 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:50 PM

Can we keep the bashing other people's mod OUT OF HERE!

#10 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:01 PM

Can we keep the bashing other people's mod OUT OF HERE!

*Sigh* If you don't like it, ignore it. I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone.

The topic of this thread (or the other) isn't about other people's mods and I'm not interested in getting into another idiotic argument, so drop it. A compliment to Cuv and a post I made over a week ago are getting thrown in my face. Stow it.

#11 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:24 PM

Peeps are certainly entitled to their opinions.

As for killing all the principles in the original encounter at Windspear... yes, you will get the evil note from Garren. Garren was a friend to the Order, so no reason why they wouldnt come back to check on him and raise him. While some forms of death prohibit resurrections in AD&D... we have to assume that you didnt kill him in any of those ways:D He is important to the plot, so he is back. But the good news is that you can kill him again... or watch him die if you like.

#12 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:39 PM

Hehe, forgive me for forgetting that people don't get into the habit of staying dead when you kill them in Faerun :P

I'll most likely end up playing it with a Paladin anyway, the first time just to get a feel for it. Then I'll have some fun with an evil character ;-)

I know you won't give much away, but can you recommend any weapon proficiencies for a Paladin returning to Windspear? I'll assume it'll be the typical two handed sword proficiency if you don't.

#13 chevalier des Trois-Tours

chevalier des Trois-Tours

Just a paladin

• 244 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:52 PM

Peeps are certainly entitled to their opinions.

As for killing all the principles in the original encounter at Windspear... yes, you will get the evil note from Garren. Garren was a friend to the Order, so no reason why they wouldnt come back to check on him and raise him. While some forms of death prohibit resurrections in AD&D... we have to assume that you didnt kill him in any of those ways:D He is important to the plot, so he is back. But the good news is that you can kill him again... or watch him die if you like.

No matter how he dies, he's always to be raised by the (limited) wish spell, so it's not a problem. Everything can be put down divine intervention if nothing else is to be thought up.
In the year of Our Lord two thousand and second at the seventh day of December the saint Ganeo did from heaven descend and unto the noble lord Lucas such he spoke words, lowering the holy arm in which he held the chalice: 'Pious paladin and beloved son of mine. Take ye the very chalice and upon his flowing streams found ye this noble order'. This said, the saint extended the holy arm in which he held the chalice and bade him drink. When the noble lord Lucas received the last drop, the saint raised the holy arm in which he held the chalice and blessed the order.

[frater Dormitius 'De illustribus conditoribus ordinis equestris sancti Ganeonis']

#14 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:46 PM

Two handed sword:D

#15 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 12:06 AM

Heh, figured. I had some crazy idea in my head (before BG2) that Paladins typically went for the sword and shield style.

Do NPC's play much of a role in the quest? Will it make a difference if I use a mainly player created party, or will I be missing out?

#16 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 01:58 AM

Certain NPC's have quite a role to play, or can do, it all depends on your approach.

#17 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 08:30 AM

As mysterious as ever. Alright, I'm sure I'll be playing it more than once so it doesn't really matter the first time through. I'll be sure to pick up Imoen though because that's no secret.

Thanks Quitch.

#18 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 02:22 PM

The pleasure, as ever, was yours.

#19 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 02:44 PM

Of course.

#20 Meleager

Meleager
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 07:42 PM

Am I correct in surmising that there is no specific timeframe set for the release of this mod?