[Release - Interim] BGT-WeiDU v1.07 WIP-08-12-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:19 AM

New WIP, since Dudleyville fixes haven't progressed at all and still most of the docs aren't updated, but I have gone through the bugs that have been reported so far. These are the changes form the previous version. WIP versions are great for testing, so please do report your issues with this version if you use it.

Regardless of which older version you are using, you need to start a new game with this version.

Installation changes
* Updated to BiggDU version 209

Bug fixes
* Corrected problems with the world map, fixing a crash on entering Small Teeth Pass and possibly Nashkel Carnival from Durlag's Tower
* Fixed a bug that allowed Jaheira to cast Strength of One as a level 1 spell
* Fixed a bug where a medium shield could be 'smuggled' out of the tutorial fight and a player would lose Oils of Speed that might not have been in the tutorial fight
* Fixed a bug where Durlag's Tower was not accessible from adjacent areas on the world map
* Fixed a bug where Erik and Jondalar could use their staves to hurt and/or kill an unarmed player in the tutorial
* Fixed a bug where the gibberlings, hobgoblins, kobolds, skeletons, taslois, and xvarts in Obe's training combat could hurt unarmed players with their melee weapons
* Fixed a bug where the warehouse with dogs at the Nashkel Mines exterior map had the wrong mini-map
* Fixed kill counter not incrementing problems with Bjornin's ogres, Hulrik's xvarts, Sarhedra's ogres, and Wenric's zombies
* Made corrections to some travel times and encounters with the world map
* Removed some BG1 area scripts improperly used by BG2 areas, fixing issues such as the Cloakwood movie playing at Small Teeth Pass
* The correct movies are no shown for the day-night and night-day transition when in Baldur's Gate
* The player now gets 800 experience for finding Dynaheir regardless of the outcome of her dialogue
* Yet another (more intrusive this time) attempt at fixing the problems with the wrong version of Jaheira and Viconia showing up after leaving with the Harpers or being resurrected with Bodhi's black heart

Gameplay changes
* Modified the training fight to end in the same way as Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast (no more cutscene)
* Gorion's text now appears over his head during the cutscene of his death

Bug re-fixes
* Corrected the fix for the Coran and the Wyverns quest
* Further corrected issues with the starting hit points adjustments

Download no longer available. See v1.07 release thread (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38623).

Edited by Ascension64, 24 January 2009 - 04:40 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for this new WIP, Ascension64! :cheers:

On a side note, I was wondering: plainab has released a first public version for the BG1 Fixpack which should include practically all the Dudleyfixes but already coded in WeiDu format.

In my ignorance, I am just asking myself: wouldn't your work be quicker if you could just benefit of the BG1 Fixpack code so that a good part of it could find space in the internal BGT fixes for BG1?

I am sure there is a solid reason why I am at fault here but I'd like to understand...

Thanks again!

Edited by Salk, 19 December 2008 - 05:34 AM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

On a side note, I was wondering: plainab has released a first public version for the BG1 Fixpack which should include practically all the Dudleyfixes but already coded in WeiDu format.

You mean this? Always provide a link...

Anyways... :cheers:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

You mean this? Always provide a link...

Anyways... :cheers:

Yes, I meant that one.

Sorry about the missing link, I just thought it was not so important. :blink: