Photo

Nashkel: winterwolf fur and wrong map

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:36 AM

If I talk with the merchant in Nashkel he tells me to get a winterwolf fur. An entry is added in the journal. After I've bring him the winterwolf fur, the entry in the journal is not deleted. Additional if I've no winterwolf fur in my inventory anymore, the merchant tells me his first talk again (but the merchant has only interest in one winterwolf fur and he has get it before).

On the main map for the Nashkel-Mine, where the entrance is, you can enter the house with the dogs. If you select the map icon inside the house you get a map of a cave instead of the house map.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 03 September 2008 - 05:39 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Kastagir

Kastagir
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:15 PM

Both of these issues would seem to occur in regular BG1, so I doubt they would be different in BGT. The "In Want of Winter Wolf Pelts" will remain as an active quest in the journal until you transition to BG2, at which point your journal gets cleaned out. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

Both of these issues would seem to occur in regular BG1, so I doubt they would be different in BGT. The "In Want of Winter Wolf Pelts" will remain as an active quest in the journal until you transition to BG2, at which point your journal gets cleaned out. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

That is right, but an solved quest and a not deleted questlog for that for BG1 is not fine. Many gamers try to clean their quest entries while they play BG1. There are more things like that, but the journal entries are set in the normal journal and not in the quest journal. What is with the idea to move this from the quest journal to the normal journal when you talk to the merchant the first time?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 04 September 2008 - 12:56 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#4 -Therador-

-Therador-

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:23 AM

If I remember correctly, the merchant is interested in those pelts in general. Not only one pelt, but many of em. So therefore the quest is never finished and stays in the questlog to remind you to sell all your pelts to the merchant in nashkell. Just like the scalps that you can sell in Bergerost. Only difference is that the scalp-quest gets finished somewhere along the main quest. Correct me if I'm wrong..

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Correct, and it won't change. I'll follow up on the mini-map issue.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

If I remember correctly, the merchant is interested in those pelts in general. Not only one pelt, but many of em. So therefore the quest is never finished and stays in the questlog to remind you to sell all your pelts to the merchant in nashkell. Just like the scalps that you can sell in Bergerost. Only difference is that the scalp-quest gets finished somewhere along the main quest. Correct me if I'm wrong..

That's not right. I've tested this and the merchant in Nashkell will only one pelt. After that you can't sell him one of the pelts. The only option you have is to sell them elsewhere, like in the temple of Nashkell. So the journal entry is confusing and should be changed.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Hopefully, it isn't another mod that is changing it, but the pelts are taken by dialogue and not through the store.
[attachment=14203:pelt.GIF]

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hopefully, it isn't another mod that is changing it, but the pelts are taken by dialogue and not through the store.

Here is how the situation works:

The merchant in Nashkel asks you the first time, if you can get a pelt for him (an quest entry is added). Then you can go shopping by him. After you get a pelt and talk with the merchant he pays you for the pelt (in the dialogue). After that you can go shopping.

If you bring him another one he says, he don't need another one and you can't sell the additional pelts you have in his store. You must sell them elsewhere, but the journal entry claims, that the merchant in Nashkell wants a pelt.

That's why it is confusing and someone wants his quest entry as solved quest entry.
After you bring him the first pelt the quest entry has to move.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 28 September 2008 - 09:38 PM.

- Chevalier

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

That shouldn't happen in vanilla BGT. There is no dialogue where the shopkeeper indicates that he no longer needs one, unless you are using another mod that modifies this.

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

That shouldn't happen in vanilla BGT. There is no dialogue where the shopkeeper indicates that he no longer needs one, unless you are using another mod that modifies this.

Sorry, sorry, sorry that I've had bother you with this. 10th has found out what the problem is.

With BGT is all fine because it is the same in vanilla BG like you said. SCS has a little BG1 Fixpack included which made changes by the merchant in such a way as I explained above.

Sorry again. I'll post this in the SCS forum, now.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:48 AM

No worries. Unless Macready does a very similar thing with the journal entry, the fix may need to be BGT specific. There may also need to be a fix for EasyTutu depending on what Macready is doing with it.

--------------
Retired Modder