• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

Here's the WeiDU log for my most recent game. I'll post any issues/tweaks/wishes I come across as I play thru.

*Edit 012609 - I've attached a running list of items this covers. Still need a suitable ending for Mr. Colquetle's Quest...

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 08 February 2009 - 09:29 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

1st item I've noticed and thought might be able to use a quick change if Ascension64 wishes. After killing Shank, Karan spawns out of view of the exit from the bunkhouse, so if you go the wrong direction, you don't come across him right away. Reccomend re-locating Karan's spawn point to x1723 y2828 so he notices you as soon as you exit the bunkhouse and approaches you.

The other thing about Karan is that he looks just like all of the other "Tutors", yet he plays a bit part just like Parda and Tethtoril. I changed his Major Color from 52 to 58 and his Leather Color from 25 to 31 so he is Blue and is distinguishable from the other actors in the area.

It takes a village...

#3 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

Your install order regarding Rogue Rebalancing and Refinements is outdated. See here for more details.

Also, you don't seem to be using the latest (BWP) hotfix for the G3 BG2 Fixpack.

#4 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

But he is using the latest Version of NEJ2 and that's really interesting.
Maybe erebusant should have a little chat with Leonardo Watson and/or Leomar.
NEJ2 is really a mod that I do not want to miss in any BWP-installation. But the old "compatible" version is just not worth it anymore.
Too much trouble. It may also be easier to find translaters for this mod if more people could include it into their installation.

Marvin

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

Both of these would be tweaks IMO, and quite minor ones at that.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:18 AM

Looks like that erebusant can release an own tweak pack for all what he mentioned and fixed/tweaked in his megamod installation... :)

I think we all would like such a tweak pack. ;)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#7 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

Definitely! I hope Erebusant agrees, but I think he still needs some time for testing, right?

Marvin

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Well, I think that erebusant is actually trying to help everyone, not just the Megamod installers. Noble... and all that. 8)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Another praise for the what is now gradually turning into an 'Erebusant Appreciation' thread. :)

Hopefully his (revised) Ascension moves into the spotlight soon.

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

Updated install for the RR order and also to add Stone of Askavar in. WeiDU log in 1st post.

It takes a village...

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

A question about Tarnesh. Was he originally going to be a Fighter Mage? Even in the original Baldur's Gate he carried a +1 Short Sword and a Ring of Infravision that never were used.

It takes a village...

#12 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Updated install for the RR order

You should have updated to RR v4.02 while you were at it. ;)

It contains some compatibility improvements along with other optimizations and can safely be (re)installed over v4.01 without botching your saved games.

Edited by aVENGER, 02 January 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

Updated install for the RR order

You should have updated to RR v4.02 while you were at it. ;)

It contains some compatibility improvements along with other optimizations and can safely be (re)installed over v4.01 without botching your saved games.

Agh.. it's not too far to roll back in the install, and I want to see how Tarnesh looks after I made him a Fighter-Mage anyway... Thanks.

It takes a village...

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

I ran into an issue with the SCSII Smarter Mages and Priests buffing components rolling back the level changes from the .cre's that SCSI did for the Choose NPC Proficiencies component. The .cre's need to be level 0 for the 0x234 - 0x236 slots of the .cre or the levelling up code in their scripts won't fire.

It takes a village...

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

I've added Melkor Morgoth's BG Spawn system. It looks as if as long as the BGT Tweaks "Tutu style levelled spawns" component is installed prior to installing BGSpawns then a new game is not required in order to have the new spawn system take effect even within areas you have already visited. I'll update on how the spawns appear.

It takes a village...

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

I've added Melkor Morgoth's BG Spawn system. It looks as if as long as the BGT Tweaks "Tutu style levelled spawns" component is installed prior to installing BGSpawns then a new game is not required in order to have the new spawn system take effect even within areas you have already visited. I'll update on how the spawns appear.

Exactly, a new game is not required. The only issue one could have installing it after the "Tutu-style levelled spawns" from BGT-tweaks may happen in the very same area as his/her current save. Not all the same spawn in that area may use the new scripts.

Thanks for trying it Erebusant :cheers:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

In Nashkel, the 1st time you speak with Berrun Ghastkill, if you do not have Jaheira, Khalid, Xzar, or Montaron in your party, he'll acknowledge you as an able party, but does not update your "investigate the Nashkel Mines" Journal. I needed to do an ALTER_TRANS to all states of BERRUN 19 to add the UNSOLVED_JOURNAL entry.

It takes a village...

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:49 AM

In Nashkel, the 1st time you speak with Berrun Ghastkill, if you do not have Jaheira, Khalid, Xzar, or Montaron in your party, he'll acknowledge you as an able party, but does not update your "investigate the Nashkel Mines" Journal. I needed to do an ALTER_TRANS to all states of BERRUN 19 to add the UNSOLVED_JOURNAL entry.

That's probably because the BG1 dialogue didn't update your journal correctly either. I should be able to fix that though.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#19 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

I see all: :D

~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #0 // A Collection of Queer, Obscure BG1 Quests & Fixes: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate 3rd Path to join Bandits in the Bandit Camp: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #2 // Extended Colquetle Quest: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Gullykin Enforcer Restoration: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alter Beregost Flaming Fist Husband Encounter: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #5 // Make Tarnesh a Fighter-Mage and equip his items: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #6 // Drizzt Joining fixes for post-Durlag Tower Drizzt Saga start: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kelddath gives Wyvern Quest for "No Coran" party: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #8 // Fake Shaella gets removed from Blade & Stars: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #9 // Make Shoal encounter more plausible (and fun!): v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fix Broken "Choose NPC Proficiency" .cre's: v1
~SETUP-EREBUSANTSBG1CHANGES.TP2~ #0 #11 // Miscellaneous "other mod" in game fixes: v1
Looks very great. :)

Component 11 sounds good for BG2, too, if you want to do BG2Changes in the future. So perhaps you could fix with such a component the recent NeJ version for a megamod... (only an idea)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 13 January 2009 - 12:14 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#20 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

It's always kind of bugged me that the Candlekeep Bunkhouse is such a large building from the outside, but such an itty bitty little place on the inside, and the Barracks is just the opposite... an itty bitty building on the outside, yet you go in to a room that is easily 2 times + larger on the inside. I'm not sure if changing that around shouldn't be for BG1 Unfinished Business, thuogh, because it's the same way in BG1. It really seems odd that the Shank and Carbos globals are reversed by .cre from their dialogs as well.

It takes a village...