190 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

BiG World Project (BWP) v5.7

OUTDATED

Entire installation instructions for the Baldur's Gate Megamod

The BiG World Project aims to merge all games of the Baldur's Gate series and the additional contents created by its community in one massive adventure, including a modification of BG1 to run BG1 with the more modern engine of BG2, plus the added functionality of ToB expansion. Now all new functions which are introduced only with BG2 are also available for BG1. This signifies, BG1 uses just like BG2 the same graphic arts, the same character kits, the same magic and the same rules. Now even for those which know BG1 by heart this is a new play experience. Besides, it also includes an additional transition from BG1 to BG2. And all this can expanded with additional mods.

BiG World Project is constantly going through changes to acquire a more stable and bug free version with every new update.

The current instructions are divided into three versions:

1. Standard version:

Herewith are mods installed recommended by the majority of the testers. The installation is aimed to the greatest possible play pleasure. Mods with few contents, with absurd degree of difficulty or bugged mods are not installed. The used mods are supported furthermore by the authors. The BWP team concentrates upon the farther improvement of this installation.

2. Extended standard-version (More):

On multiples desire here further mods are included, which can be installed without worries. These are also NPCs with little contents as further item mods or however mods, which some players do not find suitable. These More-Mods are marked with a "M" in the table of contents of the installationguide.

3. Expert version:

This installation tries to fathom the feasible. You have a 100% chance of running into bugs and/or CTDs (crash to desktop) and it has quietly a long way to go before reaching perfection (if it ever wants). The relevant mods are greyed out in the instructions and are only installed if you remove the detent before.

This project is in development. Beginners should keep absolutely to the instructions, while experienced players with some efforts, tests and bugfixing can also create their own version of the BiG World.

We are glad about every suggestion and every criticism which serves to improve the BiG World Project. The BiG World Project Team is available for you at any time in the forums.

For German gamers you can visit our German forum.

Here you get all what you need for a megamod installation (click me).
- BiG World PDF-Manual (in Englisch and German)
- BiG World Installpack (for an easy installation)
- BiG World Fixpack (fixes bugs in mods)
- BiG World Textpack (for foreign languages (currently German only))

Step by Step Instructions

BG1 installation
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Quit the game

BG2 installation
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game

Important: Don't change the BG graphic-options or not more then the supportet 800x600 resolution of BG. You can get crashs to desktops (CTDs) if you take a higher resolution as 800x600. When you want to play in a higher resolution take the Widescreen Mod.

For English users: Download and extract the BW Installpack and the BW Fixpack into your BG2 main directory
For German users: Download and extract the BW Installpack, BW Fixpack and BW Textpack into your BG2 main directory

Get the mods ready
- Create a separate folder and name it like "BW Downloads"
- Download the mods you want to use into the separate folder (you can use the BiG World Linklist for that)
- Extract all mods into the BG2 main directory (we recommend 7-Zip for extracting the mods)
- Some mods are packed differently, so see the additional informations in our BiG World Linklist

UPDATED NEWS

Please look at the Updated News in the next post if you have something more to do before you start the installation.

Begin the installation
  • Disconnect the internet and disable all antivir software/firewalls
  • If you have Windows Vista watch this short flash tutorial. The tutorial explains, how you can use the Install.bat with Vista.
  • Start the "BiG World Install v5.7.bat" and follow the on-screen instructions (the Install.bat runs the "BiG World Fixpack" automatically and for a German version the "BiG World Textpack", too)
  • Shows the Install.bat missing BG1 wav-files you can download the needed files from here. After you extract it, put the files in the BG1 override directory.
  • Play your megamod.
Note: Always make a backup of your BG2 game files and a clean install for every new installation. More information about that you can get here.

New in v5.7

Updated English and German guide
  • Reworking of some descriptions
  • Now exists the versions Standard, More and Expert
  • Stone of Askavar moved to standard-version
  • Elvanshalee NPC moved to expert-version, because of bugs
  • Moved the friendships of Viconia, Mazzy and Yoshimo after IEP Extended Banters in the "BG2 NPC Related Mods" section
  • NPC Tweak moved to standard-version
  • The SCSII component 4020 "Watchers Keep" moved after "BP-BGT-Worldmap" to avoid compatibility problems
  • Level 1 NPCs moved before the final installation
Updated "BiG World Installpack"
  • Improved "BiG World Install.bat"
  • Now you can choose between the versions Standard, More or Expert
  • The "BiG World Install.bat" checks if the official BioWare Patches of BG1 and BG2 was installed
  • Improved "BiG World Smoothpack.bat"
Updated "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.7"
  • Improved "BiG World Fixpack.bat"
  • Included are the official fixes from 09.01.05 of "Item Revisions"
  • Important fix for "Every Mod and Dog"
  • Few small fixes
Updated "BiG World Textpack v6.0.4"
  • Improved "BiG World Textpack.bat"
  • Corrected German translation of "Xan?s Friendship Path for BG1"
  • The new text of SCSv10 was translated in German
  • Few small fixes
Updated mods
  • WeiDU v210
  • MKs BG1 Textpatch Revised (Party) v2.0
  • MKs BG2 Textpatch Revised v2.0
  • BG2 Fixpack v7
  • One Pixel Productions v2.64
  • Dark Side of the Sword Coast v2.15
  • Northern Tales of the Sword Coast v1.70a
  • Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (Dialog-Patch) v1.71
  • Secret of Bone Hill v2.40
  • Secret of Bone Hill (Dialog-Patch) v2.45
  • Thalantyr Item Upgrade v3.4
  • Sword Coast Stratagems v10
  • Adalon's Blood - Silberdrachenblut (Beta) v4
  • Azengaard Tactical Encounter v5.0
  • CoM Encounters v1.03
  • Dark Ritual v1.03
  • The Undying v2.03
  • IEP Extended Banters v3.2
  • Viconia Friendship v2.0
  • Wheels of Prophecy v2
  • TdB Refinements v3.20
  • BP-Balancer (Beta) v0.33b
  • BGT NPC Portraits v1.5
  • BP-BGT-Worldmap v7.1
  • Level 1 NPCs v1.2
Added new mods
  • Mazzy Friendship v1.0
  • Yoshimo Friendship v1.0
  • aTweaks v1.1
  • gMinion v1.8
  • Cambios Celestials v1
Included again
  • Weimer?s Tactics v24
Greetings Leonardo Watson and Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 12 May 2009 - 04:30 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Updated News

01.08. Spell Revisions v2.9

The new version included all fixes and therefore don't use these from the "BiG World Fixpack" anymore. To avoid this delete in the "BiG World Fixpack" folder the whole "spell_rev" folder.
For the new v2.9 you can get the official hotfix from here. After you extracted the mod into the BG2 directory extract the hotfix in the BG2 directory, too and overwrite the files.

07.04. Stone of Askavar (Beta) v1.3

If you want to install SoA but not Drizzt Saga you must copy this line
%IFNS%drizztsaga%IFIF%soa.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_override\drizztsaga\worldmap.wmp" ".\override" | %M%
in this part of the Install.bat
%IFES%SirinesCall%S%SirinesCall%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFGS%SirinesCall%S%SirinesCall%L%3%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFNS%drizztsaga%IFIF%soa.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_override\drizztsaga\worldmap.wmp" ".\override" | %M%
%IFS%soa%S%soa%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%

10.01. BG1 Unfinished Business (BG1UB) v7

The new version included all the BWP fixes and therefore don't use these from the "BiG World Fixpack" anymore. To avoid this delete in the "BiG World Fixpack" folder the whole "bg1ub" folder.

13.11. Improved Horns of Valhalla v1.2

It exist a mistake in the "BiG World Install.bat", but this mistake happens under determined circumstances only. If you don't want to install "Item Revisions", but "Improved Horns of Valhalla" you must delete the following line in the first mod-check section of the "BiG World Install.bat":

%IFS%Contest%MOD%igi's Facing the Shade Lord again
%IFS%impasylum%MOD%Improved Asylum
[delete]%IFS%ValHorn%IFNIF%item_rev%S%ValHorn%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%[delete]
%IF% Volcano-setup%MOD%Improved Volcano! Pack
%IFS%IndiNPC%MOD%Indira

13.32. Konalan's Tweaks v1

The mods "Rod of Refuge" and "Butter Knife of Balduran" are included as components in "Konalan's Tweaks", now.
You must do the following, to get the mods installed with the Install.bat:

Delete the following lines:
%IFS%Refuge%S%Refuge%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFS%Butterknife%S%Butterknife%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
and add this new line there:
%IFS%KonTwk%S%KonTwk%L%0%SK% 9 10 | %M%

23.02. Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII) v8

After you have extracted the "BiG World Fixpack" delete the setup-scsII.tp2 in the "BiG World Fixpack/scsII" folder. This patch is wrong and you should not use it.

23.03. BGT Tweak Pack (BGT Tweaks) v8

The new version has new arranged componentnumbers and therefore it is incompatible with the Install.bat. To use this new modversion with the Install.bat you must delete the following two line in the Install.bat:

%IFES%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 0 3 7 9 10 13 17 19 21 24 26 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 0 3 7 9 10 13 17 19 21 24 26 | %M%
and copy the following lines at that place:

%IFES%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 100 400 500 600 901 1000 1104 1200 1300 1400 1502 1600 1700 1802 1806 | %M%
%IFES%BGTTweak%IFIF%DSotSC%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 | %M%
%IFES%BGTTweak%IFIF%NTotSC%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 1815 | %M%
%IFES%BGTTweak%IFIF%BP-Balancer%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 1900 | %M%
%IFES%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%0%SK% 2001 2100 2300 2400 2500 2600 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 100 400 500 600 901 1000 1104 1200 1300 1400 1502 1600 1700 1802 1806 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%IFIF%DSotSC%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%IFIF%NTotSC%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 1815 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%IFIF%BP-Balancer%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 1900 | %M%
%IFGS%BGTTweak%S%BGTTweak%L%3%SK% 2001 2100 2300 2400 2500 2600 | %M%

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 23 June 2009 - 09:55 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#3 -wr-

-wr-

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

I have problem with installation of BiG Fixpack. I downloaded and unpacked all mods that i want to have. And when i run "BiG World Install v5.7.bat" it go without problem to starting "BiG World Fixpack.bat" then "BiG World Fixpack.bat" start "patch.exe" and "patch.exe" does nothing. I wait 30min. and nothing changes. I see two dos windows, one whole black from "patch.exe", and one with last line 'processing fixes for "banterpack"'. I'm running Vista, but my last installation went without problem (it was in april i think).

#4 -wr-

-wr-

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

I found solution, in Vista you MUST disable UAC, maybe it is worth to mention that in readme or this long pdf.

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

Wow the new separation between standard, extended standard and expert looks awesome :D. Great idea! I am really tempted to make a new install right now and see how it works, despite the fact that I am in the middle of my exam session. Wonderful job, congratulations in making this project even more nice that before! :cheers:

Edited by dreamer2007, 24 January 2009 - 02:01 AM.

#6 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

I agree with dreamer2007, this new seperation looks cool! Great work! :Bow:
I wanted to ask about the post install bat. Have the problems with it been solved?

PS: I know it's not a serious thingy but in the project list: 05.03. Restored Textscreen Music (TxtMusic) v7 there's actually no direct link for the mod itself but only for the language pack.

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 24 January 2009 - 04:00 AM.

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#7 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:04 AM

A small remark regarding aTweaks. On page 133 of the english PDF, after the "Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers" component of aTweaks this message is written:

A sophisticated variation is included with the Mix Mod 5! This allows gradual settings.

I think someone got a bit confused there. AFAIK, Mix Mod doesn't alter the storage capacity of item containers (Gem Bags, Bags of Holding, Scroll and Potion Cases...etc.) at all. Instead, it alters the stacking capacity of the actual items (i.e. Gems, Potions, Arrows... etc.). Therefore, there's no reason why the aforementioned component of aTweaks would be incompatible with it.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

WOW!!! I go inactive for a few days and this great thing comes along :D This is too good man ;)

Can't wait to get the install started now :P And thanx a million for separating out the More-standard mods :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

I found solution, in Vista you MUST disable UAC, maybe it is worth to mention that in readme or this long pdf.

1. Disable your antivirus program and any unnecessary programs that are running in the background.
Deactivate automatic updates for your operating system. Reboot your computer.

Ah, it's already in that. Yes, perhaps it should be more specified, and I think it was previously... but things change.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

I noticed something changed in the mod list from the German forum (http://www.kerzenbur...ead.php?t=34931 ) that makes my life a little harder than usual in trying to make this new install and that is that the name of the files that are to be downloaded aren't there anymore (example for clarification "BDash166.exe" or "RR_V402.exe"). I keep an organized folder with all the mods ready for the new install, and when a new BWP version appears and I am prepared to make a new install I usually check the mod list to see if new versions of some mods appeared and replace the outdated mods I have, not to be forced to download them all again, and I know others that have the same strategy. And the fact that the file names were written made the process faster, and I was more sure that the files I have were the correct ones. Now this certainty is kinda shaken. Is this change made because it was better for some reason I don't know of? If not, can this be solved please, for the sake of efficiency?

Edited by dreamer2007, 24 January 2009 - 12:48 PM.

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

I think when you click on the different subsections in Marvin's original post (00, 01,02) you get the mods with titles for that section. Or scrolling down the page works as well.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

A small remark regarding aTweaks. On page 133 of the english PDF, after the "Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers" component of aTweaks this message is written:

A sophisticated variation is included with the Mix Mod 5! This allows gradual settings.

I think someone got a bit confused there. AFAIK, Mix Mod doesn't alter the storage capacity of item containers (Gem Bags, Bags of Holding, Scroll and Potion Cases...etc.) at all. Instead, it alters the stacking capacity of the actual items (i.e. Gems, Potions, Arrows... etc.). Therefore, there's no reason why the aforementioned component of aTweaks would be incompatible with it.

It sounds like the MixMod comment should go with the BG2 Tweak (infinite gem ring ammo) description so the person installing uses the MixMod component for medium level stacking instaed.

Edited by Hoppy, 24 January 2009 - 04:32 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#13 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

I cant tell you how happy I was when I saw this new version released! Thank you!

I went install it today (Clean everything and to the default directory's) but I receaved an error message saying that I needed to "Install the patch 5512." for BG1....the thing is I have the Original Saga (the three disk set with TotSC and pree-patched. I know I did not see that message in version 5.6 Very odd, I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Anyone have any information on how to get around this one?

Thank you for your time,

-Daniel

#14 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

1.) Durandil has made a flash tutorial for Windows Vista users. The tutorial explains, how you can use the BiG World Install.bat with Vista. It is added in the first post by "Begin the installation". Additional we will include a description for Windows Vista users in the installation guide.

2.) We have the first "Important News": If you don't want to install "Item Revisions", but "Improved Horns of Valhalla" please look here to solve the problem.

@ Silinde

I wanted to ask about the post install bat. Have the problems with it been solved?

Yes, the problem was the installationorder of BGT-Music and Level 1 NPCs. We have not changed the Post-Install.bat, we moved Level 1 NPCs before BGT-Music. So if you reached BG2 and uninstall BGT-Music, no more Level 1 NPCs will be reinstalled. That caused the problem before.

PS: I know it's not a serious thingy but in the project list: 05.03. Restored Textscreen Music (TxtMusic) v7 there's actually no direct link for the mod itself but only for the language pack.

Sure is this a serious thingy, so thank you very much for the report. Is corrected, now. :)

@ aVENGER
Thanks for the information, we'll change it. :)

@ Lollorian

And thanx a million for separating out the More-standard mods

Additional we are updating our Linklist at the moment and want to include descriptions for each expert-mod, why it is in the expert-version. But we are not done with it tomorrow. :D
For the people who don't know that: The first post of our Linklist is in German and in English.

@ dreamer2007

I noticed something changed in the mod list from the German forum ...

Yes, I deleted this informations, because it was added for testing purposes of the new upcoming installationtool. Now, the installationtool doesn't need it anymore. Sorry, I don't knew that someone could use this info. Until the new installationtool comes out it is to much work to add all the infos again. Sorry, I've no solution for you. Perhaps this information is good for you: The new installationtool checks, if you have the mod and the recent version on your computer. When not, only then it starts the download. ;)

@ daniel

I went install it today (Clean everything and to the default directory's) but I receaved an error message saying that I needed to "Install the patch 5512." for BG1....

Yes, that is new. Some people forget to install the official patches and the installer checks it on BG1 and BG2, now. Could you explain me something more about your ORIGINAL SAGA Edition? Are you sure it was patched during the installation? See you the versionnumber v5512 in the game?

The Installer check is very simple. It searchs in your Baldur's Gate directory for the readme_patch.txt. Have you this readme in your BG1 directory? Otherwise create one and all is fine.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 02 June 2009 - 03:42 PM.

- Chevalier

#15 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Yes, the problem was the installationorder of BGT-Music and Level 1 NPCs. We have not changed the Post-Install.bat, we moved Level 1 NPCs before BGT-Music. So if you reached BG2 and uninstall BGT-Music, no more Level 1 NPCs will be reinstalled. That caused the problem before

That's great news! :D :Bow:

Sure is this a serious thingy, so thank you very much for the report. Is corrected, now. smile.gif

I'm glad to help! :D

The new installationtool checks, if you have the mod and the recent version on your computer. When not, only then it starts the download. wink.gif

Well, then all modders would be kindly suggested to change the name of the updated mods, in order others (and the installation tool) to know they're updated. Some upload a corrected version under the same name (mainly for tiny corrections that add no more content, but i guess they're somewhat critical, otherwise there wouldn't be an upload). For example, if there's a tiny update/correction, it could be from version XX to version XX.01 or XXa. Otherwise, the installation tool would verify the mod, but in fact it would verify an older version under the same name...
That also happens in the manual way. I find it extremely difficult to track all the changes, so i end up downloading all the mods from the start... :(

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#16 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

I've updated Rogue Rebalancing to v4.03 today. As a maintenance release, this update just contains some minor bugfixes and compatibility improvements. However, there is one change here which will affect the BWP install order - the "Thief High Level Ability revisions" component of RR now needs to be installed after the "Triple-Class HLA Tables" component of G3 BG2 Tweaks. You can read more about this issue here.

In short, this new install order is necessary because the "Triple-Class HLA Tables" component of BG2 Tweaks currently overwrites the corresponding 2DA files with its own versions which, in term, negates RR's HLA changes for Fighter/Mage/Thieves. OTOH, since RR's component patches the corresponding 2DAs in a non-destructive manner, it's perfectly safe to install it after BG2 Tweaks.

#17 Mayaserana

Mayaserana
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

The new guide looks good :).

However, I did find a couple of 'typos':

p24 - Check the Bodies is listed as V1.11, but CtBFF is noted as being for "CtB v1.8 or later".

p149 - "27.3.3. Open the file songlist.2da in the directory ...\BGII - SvA\ override with a text editor..."

I think this should read "27.3.3. Open the file songlist.2da in the directory ...\BGII - SoA\ override with a text editor". Same for "All the mods, which are present in the BG2 - SvA folder..." on p13, Section 2c, and "To be able to install the component, copy the file wand18.itm out of the folder ...\BGII - SvA\item_rev\backup into the override folder." on p116, Section 23.2.2, and "If you have NEJ installed, the file TT1004.tis will be corrupted when the End_biff works. So copy the file TT1004.tis from the directory ...BGII - SvA\override and paste it to a save place." on p139, Section 24.4.0

#18 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

Yes, I deleted this informations, because it was added for testing purposes of the new upcoming installationtool. Now, the installationtool doesn't need it anymore. Sorry, I don't knew that someone could use this info. Until the new installationtool comes out it is to much work to add all the infos again. Sorry, I've no solution for you. Perhaps this information is good for you: The new installationtool checks, if you have the mod and the recent version on your computer. When not, only then it starts the download.

No problem if that info is not there anymore, I can handle the checking but it takes longer and some mistakes may creep in if I'm not careful, that's the only problem. But this new installation tool that you are talking about sounds awesome :D . Can't wait to see it in action :) .

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

To give good excuses...

p24 - Check the Bodies is listed as V1.11, but CtBFF is noted as being for "CtB v1.8 or later".
"27.3.3. Open the file songlist.2da in the directory ...\BGII - SvA\ override with a text editor..."

SoA is SvA in German, so that obvious typo.
What comes to the numering, you have to understand that 1.11 is newer than 1.8, because that's the way the mod maker made it... as they could never known that they would need to update the mod so many times, and just went with the 1, 1.1, 1.2 ... 1.9, 1.10, 1.11... number scheme. And that's what the mod .tp2 says[on this line: ~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later) -p.166], not what BWP would.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 January 2009 - 04:30 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#20 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

Another small remark, if you install this component of Rogue Rebalancing:

Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills

then there's no need to install this component of BGT Tweaks:

Salk's Pen-and-Paper ruleset corrections

Both components basically do the same thing, but the RR version is slightly more comprehensive as it also affects the Detect Illusion skill.