Tashia mod with the templates add-on

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Xellos-

-Xellos-

Posted 21 July 2002 - 01:40 PM

Well here's the whole case, I have installed the Tashia mod (BTW I don't tire of saying it, IT IS cool) and at the same time I installed some templates. The problem is that they should act for the main character only, but for some strange reason it affects only Tashia. Any idea on how can I fix it ?

#2 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 12:00 AM

from my personnal experience i tell you this: templates affect your whole party. if your PC is not affected is must be because (s)he did not meet the requirements for the templates in question. or did i get it wrong once again? :ph34r:
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#3 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 12:55 AM

I'm not even sure what templates are...

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#4 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 01:46 AM

template add special abilities to your character if (s)he meets several requirements. the ones i know of are vampire, half fiend, half air elemental, sceleton warrior,... your appearence changes new spells and innates appear and such. but don't ask me how they work, i just know they do!!

BTW Xellos is this a SoA or ToB game?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"

#5 -Xellos-

-Xellos-

Posted 24 July 2002 - 05:46 AM

I've tried both SoA and ToB but no results.... I'm using the templates you described and I met the requirements yet no results... oh well...

#6 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 05:57 AM

Anyway... if anybody still know of a way to make it work please let me know.

#7 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 07:15 AM

i'll rinstall them and see if they work for me. that's unfortunaytely all that i can do for you now :unsure: . i'll keep you posted!!

#8 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 06:07 AM

well... I've a new issue... yesterday I installed Travelers in Time and now the templates aplly to ALL my characters except for MY char... god is against the idea that I play as a half-fiend... BTW I appreciate your efforts thecursed.

#9 thecursed

thecursed

• 680 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 11:09 PM

funny thing: in a previous game i just loaded no one got the templates untill i resurected them! couldn't do the same with the PC for obvious reasons!! but i found out something. there seems to be a level quota for the templates to be activated (for the sake of example lets say level ten) if you start a game with a higher level (15 for example) they will not activate. try maby a level drain spell it somehow it worked for me, because i was drained just enought to get to that level i guess. donno if it will work with you but the templates do act a bit erratic. have you tried to contact the maker? i can't : forgot where i got them!

#10 Xellos

Xellos
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 06:10 AM

that seems like a good idea I'll try it out, thanks.