Photo

Help with Deva quest please?.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Zazzie

Zazzie
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:33 AM

Im playing through Watcher's Keep with Irenicous in the party right now and i found the deva in the third level who wanted me to help him, but i can't seem to find the demon that stole the spark anywhere. I found one of the items next to the mad elf and another after i played cards with the demon in the end of the third level but im stuck now :(

Do the quest continue on the next level or have i missed anything?
The deva doesn't seem to live very long after you pick it up either so if it does i will have some trubble keeping it alive long enough.

Could you offer some help please? :)

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

'The Demon might be with the other demons' -- as Yakman tells you. Have you been to the tanar'ri place and either accepted their quest to kill baatezu, or killed them all?

After you resolved the situation with tanar'ri wait in that area for a few moments.

Edited by dorotea, 29 August 2004 - 06:52 AM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Zazzie

Zazzie
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:22 AM

hmmm.. i killed both sides and went back to the Tanar'ri ground, when i got there a Succubus and another fiend where spawned and went hostile but after i killed them there is still nothing new? Am i doing something wrong here?

#4 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

Are you absolutely sure that you killed all of them? There's a couple of imps (or something like that), that have this annoying tendency of being invisible all the time. Try casting True Sight or something.

#5 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

Hmm, I fear there was some sort of a glitch. Do you know how to enable and use CLUAConsole? If yes -- please check your variable
Global("BebSpawn","GLOBAL") via

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BebSpawn","GLOBAL") and email me at ladydorotea@hotmail.com for further instructions of how to fix your game.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#6 SeaZephyr

SeaZephyr
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:02 AM

[Hmm, I fear there was some sort of a glitch. Do you know how to enable and use CLUAConsole? If yes -- please check your variable
Global("BebSpawn","GLOBAL") via

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BebSpawn","GLOBAL") and email me at ladydorotea@hotmail.com for further instructions of how to fix your game.]

I think I am having the same problem, is it ok if I also Email you about this? I did email you earlier, but you may have missed my Email. Thanks!

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:48 AM

Most likely I need to relax my spam filters... Please mark the emails with Longer Road Problem' subject and I shall be very careful with spam -- but in case I miss it again you can also cc:email to dorotea@onlinefiction.net .

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:55 AM

Basically after you speak with the Deva and accept his quest he asks you to take him with you. If you agree you will have to carry him, since he is so weak. Once you get the Deva body you need to visit the tanar'ri Area and either negotiate with them or kill them. You have to have Irenicus with you at all times and you have to kill all the demons if you decided to kill them -- including the pesky imps. Once you have the Are secure and there is no fighting going on aif you still have the deva body and Irenicus is in the party the Bebilith should appear.

If you agreed to kill baatezu instead the Beb will spawn after you accept the quest from the lead demon.

If he does not most likely one of the condition above has not been met. Either your deva is already dead or JI not in the area will stop the quest from progressing.

Edited by dorotea, 30 August 2004 - 05:56 AM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#9 -simple traveler-

-simple traveler-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:43 AM

Hey, I can't solve the deva quest. First, I can't find the Chalice Of Peace. I've killed all those demons at level 3, and they haven't it. Ok, I might missed something, so I create Chalice of Peace using Shadow Keeper. And... nothing happened :/ I have all three necessary objects and Bebilith with me. What should I do now??

#10 -recklessly clueless-

-recklessly clueless-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:27 AM

Same here. I also turned the deva over to the bebilith when it asked to have it, so now the demon "travels" with me. I also finished the entire WK (killed the imprisoned one too) after starting the deva quest but without time running out, and I couldn't find the chalice anywhere (I didn't even KNOW it was a chalice I was supposed to be looking for).

BTW great mod! I've been waiting for something about Jon to come out since SoA. Nice work. There is something I've noticed though. Jon is a level 30 wizard, but he lacks any high level abilities. Is that supposed to be compensated by his spell slots maxing out after leveling up to 31?

#11 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:21 AM

In order to solve the Deva Quest you have to obtain all 3 Items of Accord. Summoning the 3rd item will not help -- you need to obtain it the 'regular way'.

Basically, the Deva Quest should proceed as follows:

you find the first 2 items in the demon maze and have both Irenicus and the Beb Abaia with you (Abaia will have green circle)

After you obtain the Gem of Harmony and Bebiltih and Irenicus have their conversation about 'explain the pain within' you are ready to proced to the next step.

Traverse the maze with Bebilith in tow - eventually in the room with the Compass on the floor you will entcouner the headhunter (yugoloth) who is looking for the Deva. Once you kill him, two imps will try to sell you the Chalice of Peace. If you have enough jink you can buy it from them and then the Bebilith will offer to teleport you to Elysium.

Once you get to Elysium you have reached the final stage of the quest and will have to make the final decision.

#12 Puffkage

Puffkage
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:54 AM

The same thing that happened to Zazzie happened to me; only a hostile baatezu and succubus spawn when I enter the tanar'ri room (Irenicus is alive and doesn't have any any tricky spell-effects on him, and i have the gem and the water). The global "BebSpawn" doesn't seem to exist - I've tried both CLUAConsole and shadowkeeper. Is there any chance of redeeming JI if I can't make this work? I have Jaheira in my party as well you see...

The mod has been awesome so far, and I would like to see the conclusion to the deva quest, so... is there any hope? Help would be much appreciated, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't have any other mods installed - only the ToB patch.

#13 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:13 PM

I suggest reloading the save from the moment you enter the demon maze. After you talk with the Deva and Accept his quest make your way to the tanar'ri place and eihter kill all the demons -- cast True Sight and make sure imps are dead btw -- or accept the quest to kill baatezu. Stay in the room for about 30 sec after all demons are dead/pacified, making sure there is no fighting. When Abaia teleports in, talk to him.

Email me at ladydorotea@hotmail.com if you still have problems.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#14 -Ahrimal-

-Ahrimal-

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

The funny things is, regardless of my alignment, every time I finish talking to the baatezu, Karashur says, "Betrayal comes as no surprise to a demon made only of lies." Then the baatezu go hostile. I have no choice but to go to the tanar'ri for the thieve's hood.

#15 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

Hmm? No modifications were done to the baatezu quest... weird indeed.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#16 Puffkage

Puffkage
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:08 AM

Thank you, I'll try that.

#17 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

I hope you will be able to resolve this! I am looking into simplifying the code so that Abaia spawns 100% of the cases... and to think that I was afraid he will spawn to early and be killed by accident and that is why I made the whole scheme so complex...

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#18 SeaZephyr

SeaZephyr
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

<<Most likely I need to relax my spam filters... Please mark the emails with Longer Road Problem' subject and I shall be very careful with spam -- but in case I miss it again you can also cc:email to dorotea@onlinefiction.net . >>

Ok, great, thank you so much. Oh, btw, I was on the Bioware Forums earlier and I saw what that one snotty guy was saying about the concept of having Irenicus in the party. Don't listen to him, this mod is TOPS. I just love it and think it was brilliant and that you have done a beautiful job. His attitude made him sound like he was 12. Going on about "Look at what the newbie is telling me" etc <_< . Keep up the good work! :thumb:

~SeaZephyr

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

bah I can't even finish the dam quest! I keep geting the assertion failed error.
the tile set LR6603 not found.

#20 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:02 PM

Sigh. Try to re-download the mod -- v 1.3. Reinstall. Check if you have the file named lr6603.tis the size of 1,051 KB in the override folder. If you still don't -- get this file http://www.onlinefic...oad_tis_fix.zip and extract the contents directly into your override dir.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes