• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:44 PM

Fixed Lum the Mad Machine exploit and Carston bit of interject.

Made Abaia spawn easier fix. Nothing major so far. Btw -- I checked the Ascension Improved Gromnir battle -- seemed the same to me with or without LR. Please report if you see creatures not spawning.

http://www.onlinefic...LongerRoad.html

is the download site.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 Puffkage

Puffkage
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:01 AM

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but will installing the new version require that i start a new game, or are the redemption values and such preserved?

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:14 AM

Hello Puff,

Btw -- I replied to your last email but somehow the message did not get through so I first got the 'message delayed' note and then it returned.

To answer your question -- it depends on how you do the reinstall. If you just reinstall the LR it should be fine, since the change is really minor , and you can continue from the game just before entering the Tanar'ri area.

If you uninstall -- reinstall the whole bunch of mods and reinstall them in a different order you might get some of the messed up text strings -- I saw this happen a number of times.

So I say -- install the new version (hopefully the change I made will help you to finally get Abaia), try the old save, if you don't see any error messages during the install, and no messed up text strings, then you are all set to continue from the spot you are at.

Best wishes,

D.

Edited by dorotea, 13 September 2004 - 07:15 AM.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:43 PM

fixed it! ha the problem was the music folder was moved some how. (found it in the characters folder) don't know HOW that exactly happend but it instailed fine. "yawn" because its 11:30 and I have class at 10:00 I should get to sleep (i have to get up at 7:30 dam public transport)

#5 Puffkage

Puffkage
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:21 AM

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! The deva quest is in motion now! Ooh but this doesn't look good for my homework status ;)

Gotta go now, I have a mage to redeem...