• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:42 PM

Grey Clan is compatible, the God Hlid has already made it compatible with BP/BGT/SoBH/NeJ1! :) I have it installed and have already played part of it. So far no bugs with GC.

I have not finnished ToB since just after a ToB comp. version of TDD was released.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#42 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

Grey Clan is compatible, the God Hlid has already made it compatible with BP/BGT/SoBH/NeJ1! :) I have it installed and have already played part of it. So far no bugs with GC.

I have not finnished ToB since just after a ToB comp. version of TDD was released.

Yes, Gley Clan is compatible. It is a BGT mod, not BP so therefore, you have to have BGT-BP not just BP. So with the SoBH, GC, the BGT-NPC-Banter-Pack (can we call it that?), and a VERY beta mod I hope to have ready this coming weekend, you should have lots of mods to keep you busy before even getting to Amn. :D

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#43 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:04 AM

Where can we get this compatible GC download?

#44 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:35 AM

get it here

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#45 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:44 AM

So with the SoBH, GC, the BGT-NPC-Banter-Pack (can we call it that?), and a VERY beta mod I hope to have ready this coming weekend, you should have lots of mods to keep you busy before even getting to Amn.  :D

Well, BillyBob, the weekend's here...you prepared to provide any more tantalizing hints or details? Have you already gotten Garotten ready, or is this something else? Inquiring minds want to know....

#46 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

So with the SoBH, GC, the BGT-NPC-Banter-Pack (can we call it that?), and a VERY beta mod I hope to have ready this coming weekend, you should have lots of mods to keep you busy before even getting to Amn.  :D

Well, BillyBob, the weekend's here...you prepared to provide any more tantalizing hints or details? Have you already gotten Garotten ready, or is this something else? Inquiring minds want to know....

http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=202

Start rebuilding your BGT-BP game, I wouldn't recommend installing after all the other mods you may have. Though it should work. ;)

Classic Adventures

#47 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:28 PM

Way, way cool!

#48 Shiva

Shiva
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:13 AM

Anybody got any further news on the various quest mods out there (iron modders, etc)...
i'm thinking of the P's in compat list changing to C's

also
are the following P,C... ?
NPC Beuafication

Black Rose Part I: Market Prices

Cliffette's Minimods

Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod

Leutian's Mini Mod

Mordan's Christmas Mod (now master hlid has had a bash at it)

Quest Pack

Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

:)

#49 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:45 AM

The NPC Beautification pack is compatible (all it does is replace the existing portraits) and I can't think of anything offhand in G3A that would cause a BP problem.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#50 -Bla-

-Bla-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

Is there any working version of all strongholds for BP ? and where do I get it ? :)

If there isnt sounds like a good thing do add to the schedule, I know everyone would love it.

#51 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

I was going to try the latest version of all strongholds and see if SoS would still work (thinking I would need to get all strongholds before going to far with SoS), but with DSotSC and BG1 NPC I am starting over.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#52 -Bla-

-Bla-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

Another thing, I remember the Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue being reported as buggy or some such inconsistency way back and then hlid made 1-2-3 cant remenber fixes and now I dont know anymore if my version is up to date or not, could someone point me to the latest ?

I was unable to find a link for this mod anywhere :(

#53 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:54 PM

The Wizard's Mirror.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#54 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

I thought that the "tactics mod" was mostly implemented in BP but it seems I was wrong... Components like these were REALLY perfect, though somehow none of them were really in BP...:(

1.Improved Guarded Compound in the Temple District
2.Improved Twisted Rune
3.Gebhard Blucher's Improved Demon Knights
4.Smarter Dragons (was implemented only partly as it seems)
5.Slightly Tougher Demons(this one makes demons truly fearful just like in p&p!!)
(while now they die in only 1 round :()

I really can't understand why these were not implemented or at least become available as optional for bp...its sad really...

PS : especially the 2, 4 and 5 are a must! 1 and 3 r just REALLY cool cause they make these parties (who have extraordinary items anyway) more believable... though optional...
Any chance of some of them at least becoming optional in the future?
Ignorance Is Bliss

#55 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:46 PM

Those components were added in Horred's way. ie) Massive improved AI and abilites, without the cheese that the tactics mod uses. (Have you noticed the odd demon using Telekinesis to fling your characters around?) Having heard a bit about how you play, I'm not surprised you're churning your way through the game. If you're unsatisfied with the difficulty, up the basic difficulty of your game in the configuration. BP has scripting specific to match these changes.

Edit: No changes will be made in the future on these. Of course, someone else can make their own mod to reflect the changes you're looking for.

#56 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:37 AM

I checked Deeper Shadows Of Amn and its supposed to be compatible with BP but I have my doubts...
The truth is, some of its components change files like : action.ids, spell.ids, stats.ids and many more including many areas. Is it sure that its compatible? And if it is when should it be installed? Directly after BP or at the end?
It has also some improved components.I thought improved components were not compatible with bp...
Ignorance Is Bliss

#57 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:31 AM

it's a safe assumption that ANY mod converted, rescued or made by hlidskialf will be 100% compatible with BP, BP-BGT, BP-NEJ or BP-BGT-NEJ. it might not look, at first glance, to be the case, but i can assure you: if hlid's converted it, it will be completely compatible with BP and all of its flavours.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#58 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:54 AM

it's a safe assumption that ANY mod converted, rescued or made by hlidskialf will be 100% compatible with BP, BP-BGT, BP-NEJ or BP-BGT-NEJ. it might not look, at first glance, to be the case, but i can assure you: if hlid's converted it, it will be completely compatible with BP and all of its flavours.

Of course I trust hlids work...
I didn't know it was his work...It was a mistaken question...
thanx anyway.Guess I'll install it then...
Ignorance Is Bliss

#59 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

Just make sure you download the version from Hlid. If you have the older original IAP version, it is not compatible.

Classic Adventures

#60 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, it's not MY mod, it's Kensai Ryu's. However, the new weidu version was rebuilt by myself with universal compatiblity in mind. ;)