How is this supposed to play out?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 -Golden Lion-

-Golden Lion-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

Hi. I want to first thank you for the MOD. It's great. I always hope to redeem enemies rather than kill them. Also, Jon is a good spellcaster, and makes Edwin look like Harry potter.

Now, I just wondered how this all is supposed to end. He had the dialogue about the Ellesime dream where he killed all the elves. Then, he repeated the dialogue a half a dozen times at random. (Bug?) I have killed all the Bhaalspawn. He requested Sendai's soul twice (another bug?), and he did not request Abazigal's or Balthazar's, though he said when we entered the monastery that this was it, the last fight. Of course, I also did the Abaia WK quest, but I hav to spawn in the Gem of Harmony, as I returned after I killed all the demons, and The gem didn't spawn. All the dialogues went fine, though, and I chose to make a New Creature with the Deva Spark. Here are the global variables I am sure are related to this MOD and their values, for what it's worth:

JONABAIA1: 2
JONABAIA3B: 1 (did I miss 2 and 3A?)
JONAFTERSARTIMER: 3490312
JONDOESKILL: 6932003
JONDREAM1: 452876
JONDREAM2: 648098 (I do not recall having a second dream, though)
JONEVILTALKCHECK: 1
JONEVILTALKTIME: 3587395
JONILLA: 1
JONNOLONGERBURNS: 1
JONREDEMPTIONCOUNTER: -2904
JONTALKCHECK: 12
JONTALKTIME: 3549562
JONUNDECIDED: 3
JONWRATH2: 1
JONWRATH3: 1
JONWRATH4: 1
JONWRATH5: 1
JONWRATH6: 1

That'a all I can think of. Also, I did the Marlowe quest and saved both Marlowe and the girl. Jon interjected while accepting the quest that it was pointless, but after I finish it, he says nothing (should he?). I just want to know if I should tinker with the variable to trigger something or what I'm supposed to do next. I just want to redeem him finally (I suppose that that's what the elf Jon portrait is for?)

Anyway, I hope this is thorough enough, but I will be glad to clarify further if it isn't.

I appreciate your assistance.

#2 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:29 PM

Me again, just registering my presence, and checkig to see how my avatar displays.
Joneleth was right - I did suffer. But I suffer gladly, that others may live in peace. - The Mighty Stanislav

#3 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

Yikes! This is a whole load of bugs that you have found... and that is after I was almost sure we squashed the major ones...

Ok -- it is good you have found them, now lets try to figure out how to fix them.

Firstly, the Gem of Harmony you were supposed to win by playing cards with Cambion -- then you should have had the imps come and offer you chalice of Peace. So, I wonder if you have the old save to check why have not you seen the Gem.

Secondly the looping dialog is definitely a BUG. Which one was looping -- ie repeating over and over? I need the save with this one.

It is disturbing that nobody else discovered this... or maybe nobody reported this with all the negatve fuss going on... In any case -- thank you and please send me the save with this repeating dialog -- at ladydorotea@hotmail.com. :unsure:

Looking at your GLOBALS I can see that you have pissed Jonny into selecting the evil path... although I cannot say how -- most likely in the course of the conversations -- since your JonRedemptionCounter is <0 and you can only do this by telling him something he does not like.

I bet this is why the dialogs are looping by the way... and I sure need to fix this as soon as possible.

About twice asking for Sendai's soul -- where did this happen -- in which areas?

Save games would be very helpful to get.

It is excellent that you have found these bugs but disturbing that they are there -- need to fix these quickly.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#4 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:32 AM

Funny thing is I chose all the apparently good dialogues. Anyway, he asked for Sendai's soul in the illithid part of her enclave, and then again (I am pretty sure it was the same dialogue, and not a follow-up) in Abazigal's lair, I think with the Geased dragon. I will send you the savegame of the game where it happened, but it has been a few game days since this, because I rested a lot to try to get Aerie's pregnancy to go faster. I also have the following MODs (if it counts for anything):

NPC Flirt Pack
Banter Pack
Ascension
Longer Road
Item Upgrade
Ease of Use
Unfinished Business
Tactics
Tashia
Chloe
Rebalanced Hell Trials
50th Level Rules

I also had to reset a few variables pertaining to the Marlowe quest, because I did it after assault on the enclaves (did this change anything? I needed both people saved, and I reset all the variables to what they were before), and I changed Jon into a sorcerer (I hope this affected nothing)
Joneleth was right - I did suffer. But I suffer gladly, that others may live in peace. - The Mighty Stanislav

#5 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:48 AM

Ok, sorry, me again. It freezes up when I try to attach files, so I'll try again after work. Sorry for the delay, but I'll find a way to get them to you.

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:55 AM

The mod is hard-wired so as to you cannot meddle with variables -- as soon as you fail one of the conditions (in this case resolve the Marlowe's quest before the Enclaves, unless to don't go and talk to him at all -- then you can skip him until 'after) Jon turns to evil for good with no reverse.

What dialog was repeating itself? Can you recall approximately? Not the one where he tells you he is glad you stopped trying to redeem him? Because your variables indicate you have missed the last 'good' dialog, but had the 'evil' one.

The fact that you actually reset some of the GLOBALs via CLUA is good -- since it means I am less responcible for breaking of the game ( kidding you) But I need to know exactly what you edited and what dialog is repeating.

Same with Sendai soul -- the second time dialog is 'almost' the same but not quite yet -- as he should ask for 'dragon brother' soul not 'drow sister'.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:43 AM

The dialogue that was repeating is the one where he could not sleep and memorize his spells because he saw the destruction of Suldanesselar Dream. This is where I told him to forgive Eleesime. Oddly, he did not give me any evil dialogues, just resistance to redemption. I'll just have to restart the ToB Expansion if I cannot redeem him.

Oh, PS: the dialogue repeated BEFORE I started tinkering with the variables.

PS again: You're Russian , too? Where from?

Edited by Golden Lion 86, 20 September 2004 - 10:45 AM.

#8 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

Thank you -- I now definitely need your savegame, as this is a serious problem. Do you mean that dialog is repeating through regular intervals? You were supposed to get the next dialog after that one -- one where he asks you why are you keep looking at him.

Can you compress your game and try to email it to me? Or upload it to some place where I can grab it?

I am originally from Moscow -- a phys-tech graduate of 1987. Have been living in US for the last 15 years.

#9 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:03 PM

Cool. I'm from Moscow as well, and I have been in the US since 2000. I left when I was 4, in 1991, so I don't remember all that much.

#10 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:16 PM

I have Compressed it and sent it to you successfully.

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:52 PM

Got your file -- working on locating the problem and fixing the bug. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but as every newly released mod this one has to go through the stage of bug fixing. Your bug is a rare one -- and it is good that you found it, because we need to fix it as soon as possible.

Edited by dorotea, 20 September 2004 - 06:53 PM.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#12 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:21 PM

Lion -- I need your help again. The save that you sent me is the one from SoA -- in Suldanesselar. The one I need is the one with your bug -- with Jon dialog repeating over and over, and the Sendai soul being asked for twice.

I would also suggest that if you have a save 'before' the dream about Ellesime and the looping dialog -- send it to me as well and try to replay this part of the game to see if it is repeatable.

Answering your question in the Bio Forum. If you saved the Deva and the Demon, convinced Jon, saved Malla and have JONUNDECIDED either 1 or 2 -- (not 3 like yours), when he asks for soul tell him to decide for himself... If you have succeeded in redeeming him his alignment will change and when you win the final battle you should see the good epilogue.

That looping dialog is disturbing...

And I am thinking about banters for Tashia and Chloe.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#13 Ciriella

Ciriella
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:04 AM

I just finished playing through Longer Road (sort of, anyway), but I seemed to have the repeated Sendai-dialogue problem as well. I am very sure that Jon said "drow sister" and not "dragon brother" at the geased dragon. Also, when it comes to the final battle, the only option I have is to go for the super-evil ending, even though Jon does not ask for Balthazar's soul when I go in to fight him. My redemption counter is positive (68, as far as I can remember).. so... any help as how to get the "good" ending would be appreciated! Thanks! I do love the mod btw, it has some great dialogue and funny dialogue too (especially Saemon).

#14 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

Once again -- a save just before entering the Abzi's lair? So I can check for myself????

And I will be able to tell you what went wrong with your redemption by looking at your variables.

Thanks in advance -- send the game to ladydorotea@hotmail.com

D.

#15 Golden Lion 86

Golden Lion 86
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:32 AM

Lion -- I need your help again. The save that you sent me is the one from SoA -- in Suldanesselar. The one I need is the one with your bug -- with Jon dialog repeating over and over, and the Sendai soul being asked for twice.

I would also suggest that if you have a save 'before' the dream about Ellesime and the looping dialog -- send it to me as well and try to replay this part of the game to see if it is repeatable.

Answering your question in the Bio Forum. If you saved the Deva and the Demon, convinced Jon, saved Malla and have JONUNDECIDED either 1 or 2 -- (not 3 like yours), when he asks for soul tell him to decide for himself... If you have succeeded in redeeming him his alignment will change and when you win the final battle you should see the good epilogue.

That looping dialog is disturbing...

And I am thinking about banters for Tashia and Chloe.

Sorry, I must have sent you my Paladin - SoA Save. I'll send the ToB save after work.

Sorry again for the confusion.

#16 Ciriella

Ciriella
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:11 AM

Ah, my last save was just after killing Sendai... so I went to Abazigal's lair once again, and did all the way up through the geased dragon... and then the strangest thing happened. I got the Sendai dialogue again, and then immediately after, I got a dialogue saying how I watch Sendai die and Jon does nothing about it... hmmm. Maybe it is because I did not install the speed banter at first, and then installed it later (after I had the mega-evil ending)? Anyway, I will try to finish this off and see if I can get the good ending now! Thanks though!

#17 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:43 AM

Well -- can you send me that save? Hmm, maybe there is something special to killing Sendai first... and having some special combination of other variables... NEeed to check the save to be sure why he asks for a drow twice. Pretty please -- a save game?

#18 Ciriella

Ciriella
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:03 AM

I compressed the game and sent it to you just now. Thanks for your help!

#19 Ciriella

Ciriella
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:23 AM

I continued playing through after that weird dialogue, and got the 'good' ending despite strange in-between dialogues (at Balthasar's). Yay!

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:49 PM

My Baldur.sav is larger than 1MB compressed, and my Yahoo will not attach it (attach screen stays on for minutes with no effect). I'll try again this evening, maybe a different approach. Sorry for all the trouble. :(