Druidic sorceror XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -Aethan-

-Aethan-

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:19 AM

I posted this here cause i think this is a bg-bgt thing. When i start a game of baldur's gate 1, and i choose druidic sorceror as my class, it starts of as level 0 with an experience count of roun 12000, boosting it to level 9 instantly when you press level up. Now seeing as i don't want to ruin the fun of baldur's gate more than i am doing by using this class, i'd like to know a way to reduce it's xp to 100? I don't have this problem with any other class, so i feel somehow bgt must be involved, thanks anyway and i hope you can solve the problem :)

#2 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:46 AM

This is caused because of a script attached to a druidic sorcerer character. I assume this script was designed to let you level yourself up and choose for yourself all the spells that your character knows if you were to start at the beginning of SoA.

However, you're starting at the beginning of BGT, so you only want 100 xp. What you have to do is enable cheats for your game* (you should probably have done this already if you're running BGT, to combat bugs). Then, when you have just started BGT, do not level up your character. Instead, just open the console by pressing ctrl-space, and then type in

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(100);

That will lower the tons of xp that you have to about 80 xp (there's an xp penalty for the druidic sorcerer). Then you can play normally. I would suggest playing solo, its the surest way to get the most out of your druidic sorcerer :D.

*To enable cheats for your game, open up baldur.ini in your baldur's gate II game folder and under the heading

[Program Options]

simply add in the line

Debug Mode=1

That will enable you to use ctrl-space to open up the console. The next time you start your game.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.