Photo

Compatible Mods

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:21 PM

That's what I was talking about. I guess most users won't know how to edit scripts though.

#22 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:56 PM

There is not much that can be done to prevent people from editing the scripts if they want to. I suppose I could export it as a .bcs rather than a .baf. That might do it.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#23 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:42 PM

Not really! If I make it LOCAL and belonging to Edwin cre you will never find it with CLUA. I did something like this in LR so that you cannot cheat with redeeming Irenicus. Same is quite possible with romance.

Actually this is untrue. You can change LOCALS variables via the CLUAConsole. You just need to keep your mouse pointer over the .cre in question when entering the CLUA code.

#24 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:10 PM

Dammit! :huh: still, it hopefully is more trouble to the player than it is worth...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#25 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:08 PM

Dammit! :huh: still, it hopefully is more trouble to the player than it is worth...

And it the player wants it that much, to take all that trouble...I say let him or her do so, and enjoy it. :) Personally I don't play concurrent romances though - for me it takes away from the roleplaying experience.

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:45 PM

And it the player wants it that much, to take all that trouble...I say let him or her do so, and enjoy it. :) Personally I don't play concurrent romances though - for me it takes away from the roleplaying experience.

View Post

In a slightly-sorta-kinda the same thing line:

Kelsey's talks with the PC stop as soon as Edwin joins the party, even if you don't tell K to take a hike. It's as if he knows he can't compete. ^^ The Anomen talks continued, but without Kelsey interjections. I don't usually play with Kelsey, so I can't say for sure if this is a conflict between the two mods or not.

I *think* there may be a line conflict with the Item Upgrade mod. When I went to visit Cromwell during the current game, I was pretty surprised to have Edwin's mother's voice suddenly address me. Also, my conversational choices with Cromwell consisted of different dialogues from the mod rather than the usual upgrade offers. After I did a clean install and re-loaded the mods, I no longer had Edwin's mother but the dialogue lines were still there. As ever, it could just be me overdosing on mods, but it was odd that it happened twice.

Any thought about incorporating the Kelsey mod's string fixer? I don't know how hard it is to code, but it's a handy tool for the player. (That's where you highlight K's portrait and type "K")

#27 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:19 PM

I *think* there may be a line conflict with the Item Upgrade mod. When I went to visit Cromwell during the current game, I was pretty surprised to have Edwin's mother's voice suddenly address me. Also, my conversational choices with Cromwell consisted of different dialogues from the mod rather than the usual upgrade offers. After I did a clean install and re-loaded the mods, I no longer had Edwin's mother but the dialogue lines were still there. As ever, it could just be me overdosing on mods, but it was odd that it happened twice.

View Post

Incidentally, I've had the problem with Cromwell giving different dialogue options, but never had Elvira's voice crop up. I can't say for sure the dialogue problem is on the ER's end, though, because in my case it only cropped up after I decided to install Solaufein, in which case all the dialogue options were responses of the Drow's. There's a conflict of interest somewhere in there anyway, and it does definitely have something to do with the Item Upgrade Mod.
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

"I was like a poor sinner who'd just found out he'd got to heaven after all."
~ Preacher

#28 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:24 PM

View Post

Incidentally, I've had the problem with Cromwell giving different dialogue options, but never had Elvira's voice crop up. I can't say for sure the dialogue problem is on the ER's end, though, because in my case it only cropped up after I decided to install Solaufein, in which case all the dialogue options were responses of the Drow's. There's a conflict of interest somewhere in there anyway, and it does definitely have something to do with the Item Upgrade Mod.

View Post

Hard to say...I have both Edwin and the Item Upgrade installed myself, and never encountered this problem. But if it happened when Solaufein was installed, then it seems most likely to me that the problem lies with the Item Upgrade mod.

#29 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:45 AM

I am currently playing with Item Upgrades, Sola, and the Edwin Romance. (I have a bunch of other mods, too, but I don't think it matters for this thread.) I have had no problems with Cromwell at all.

(If you would prefer to add a string fixer to his (future) flirt pack, ala Tashia and Chloe, I can send you the code for that, if you would like.)

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#30 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:32 AM

I am currently playing with Item Upgrades, Sola, and the Edwin Romance.  (I have a bunch of other mods, too, but I don't think it matters for this thread.)  I have had no problems with Cromwell at all.

(If you would prefer to add a string fixer to his (future) flirt pack, ala Tashia and Chloe, I can send you the code for that, if you would like.)

Sillara

View Post

Yes, a string fixer would be excellent, I think. :) Thanks!

#31 Sillara

Sillara

• 537 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

And I've PMed you the necessary code. :D

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#32 -Versailles-

-Versailles-

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:00 AM

I know this is not really the right place to comment on this, but I've had the same problems with the Items Upgrade mod conflicting with Solaufein. Only, this one is weirder, because Sola's convos appear as battle text when my char summons a planetar... :wacko: Is it still considered compatible with the Edwin Romance, then?

#33 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:46 AM

I know this is not really the right place to comment on this, but I've had the same problems with the Items Upgrade mod conflicting with Solaufein. Only, this one is weirder, because Sola's convos appear as battle text when my char summons a planetar...  :wacko:  Is it still considered compatible with the Edwin Romance, then?

View Post

Well, I have both Edwin and Items Upgrade, and never encountered this problem. I've never played with Solaufein myself.

#34 rikitikitavi

rikitikitavi
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

It's been a long time since I've played Solaufein mod. I don't have it installed at all. Whatever the problem I've been having with the Items mod is, it is not related to Solaufein.

Perhaps it is just something weird in the Items mod that occasionally goes sideways.

Has anyone else played with Kelsey/Edwin and had Kelsey's LTs just stop? I'm also having a component in the Tactics mod, the random fights at night around Athkatla, refuse to spawn. I'm still considering a Kelsey/Edwin mod conflict as a possible source of the problem, since Kelsey's installation is the main difference between my beta-testing days and my current game.

In any case, I'll be happy to see the string fixer in the next update. Glad someone chimed in on that!

#35 rikitikitavi

rikitikitavi
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

In the this-might-be-worth-checking-into category: Over on the Tsujatha board (http://chosenofmystr...wforum.php?f=50) a graveyard-area conflict has been reported with the Reynald de Chatillon story expansion. It may go further than just the graveyard. I uninstalled the Reynald part of the mod and had several issues (although not all) clear up.

#36 Alandrea

Alandrea

Sweet and Innocent

• 262 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:21 PM

Well, I'm going to be lazy and just tell you all my installed mods without excluding those which have already been said. Sorry (':P'). I have NPC flirt, planar Sphere (both), AbyStore, the banterpack, Item Upgrade (and CespyAudioV1), Solaufein, and everything at http://www.3dconsort...vault/index.htm.

Alandrea has too much fun with mods. -_-
~*kitty*~

You must gather your pants before venturing forth

The lunatics are running this asylum.

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

I had some trouble installing with Pocket Plane Group's The Quest Pack installed. Several other mods were also installed (all reported compatable), but I think it's safe to say that was the problem mod.

#38 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

I had some trouble installing with Pocket Plane Group's The Quest Pack installed. Several other mods were also installed (all reported compatable), but I think it's safe to say that was the problem mod.

View Post

Thanks for telling me, I'll make a note of that. Is that the full title of the mod, btw, since it's not one I'm familiar with?

View Post

It is, and the original poster had a link to that page : )

I suspected problems with The Quest Pack mod previously, and ended up un-installing it. The problems weren't Eddie-specific; however, uninstalling it did fix them.

#39 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

The above was by RiikiTikiTavi. I didn't know that my sign-in had expired, lol

#40 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:48 AM

I know it's been awhile since anyone wrote in here, but I wanted to say a couple of things that I've observed. As to the poster who said that Kelsey stops talking when you get Eddie - I don't have that problem. Eddie's arguments with Anomen now take precedence over Kelsey's, but Kelsey continues with his own talks just like always.
Also, I've finally uninstalled Under-represented Items. I really like the items, but then my game begins to shut down every time I try to leave one area and go to another and an encounter occurs. I just begin the encounter and without fail my game always shuts down with a "windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" or some such and do I want a stupid report. I uninstalled/reinstalled everything else and no problems. Does anyone else have Under-rep items and is it working?