portraits

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#101 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

maybe it's that the're all smushed together... too much at least for my tastes...

#102 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

I love the latest picture; in Kay's word, she is golden. I was only wondering if the slight cross-eyed effect was intentional? If it is, it is an interesting idea (or was it me staring at the screen for too many hours?)

Edited by Ashara, 06 August 2005 - 01:06 PM.

#103 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:08 AM

Dear Ashara, those eyes are a side effect of a combination of lack of software knowledge and tampering with the original for too long . But I do like the challenge still. Thank you for being my friendly criticist.

#104 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:44 AM

There is a question about Drow culture ( Pharie) :
Breasts or Armour,
Flat or S&M ? & ?

Attached Images

• TnoT.jpg

#105 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

Dear Ashara, those eyes are a side effect of a combination of lack of software knowledge and tampering with the original for too long . But I do like the challenge still. Thank you for being my friendly criticist.

heh, as I said, I thought it was an interesting idea - beautiful, but not perfectly beautiful. If it is for a stand-alone character it can add to personality. And if I may say, I'd love to have a similar er... lack of knowledge. :blush:

Drow: the one on the right, fully armored, no question for me. -_-

#106 Black Mage

Black Mage

Stabbity Hadoken!

• 167 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

Breasts, baby! Yeah! :Tasty:

Er... the one on the far right is cool too. :blush:

Edited by Black Mage, 10 August 2005 - 06:46 AM.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

#107 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

Hmm, the middle Phaere, because the right one with the full armor looks a bit shabby somehow.

Wonderful work, though her face looks a little too rough to be drow/elven for my taste.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#108 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror!

• 1123 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

I like the middle one too. For my personal taste, I don't think her features are too coarse to be Drow. However, her eyes look a bit wide and vacant; kind of like someone's just told her, "These are not the droids you're looking for ... "

Lovely shading though. :)
All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#109 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:33 AM

K as a mage

Attached Images

• KmageM.jpg

#110 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

That's amusing :) Keldorn's thrice removed cousin who joined CW!

#111 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

Lover-boy.

Attached Images

• Romantique.jpg

#112 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

Angelina the witch.

Attached Images

• w3.jpg

#113 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:45 PM

Jolie, for me, has too familiar face and associated with too many bad movies to be made into a character portrait, no matter how beautiful she is :) The lover-boy though is cute in his own way. I especially like the dreamy eyes. I think he needs a bit more 'de-photo-ing'.

#114 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

K as a mage

View Post

i like this pic alot! mind if i use it as an ingame portrait?

#115 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

HERD are you working on any MODS? I think your work is great! I wouldn't mind asking for your help for a few pictures if you don't mind. I am helping make the NPC's for Classic Adventures. (I especially like your avatar picture...) Email me anytime. Also the lover boy picture is really good for an NPC I have developed...if only his hair was lighter...blonde or brown. Anyway thank you for your consideration!

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#116 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:02 AM

@ Lord-Jyssev
Sure, but I do not have the L(arge) version yet.

@ leahnkain
I would love to help in any way.

#117 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:49 AM

Thank you so much Herd. Your loverboy picture is great! I just sent you a message.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#118 Lord-Jyssev

Lord-Jyssev

LĪJ

• 451 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:38 PM

@ Lord-Jyssev
Sure, but I do not have the L(arge) version yet.

no problem there, again not a mod, its just a protonogist. thanks again, and dont worryabout resizing, i can get that...

#119 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:11 PM

Hello Herd,
I am wondering if anyone is using your AVATAR picture for any MODS? If not I would really like to use it for a imporant NPC (A paladin named Rilithar Mistmoor in classics adventures...) Thank you for all of your great work!

#120 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:33 AM

Hello Herd,
I am wondering if anyone is using your AVATAR picture for any MODS? If not I would really like to use it for a imporant NPC (A paladin named Rilithar Mistmoor in classics adventures...) Thank you for all of your great work!

View Post

Sorry, man. I am using it in my mod.
We will come up with something perfect just for you.